'03 Volkswagen Golf GTI

M_Bolc

Car(s)
2015 Audi A3 1.2TFSI
I decided to test out the HDR feature on the iPhone 4 camera, and the best subject I have to picture is the car... so here they are. For a cell phone camera I find them quite up to snuff :D

This is my car, by far the one I have most enjoyed so far. I've had it for about a year and I bought it modded from a trusted client of my mechanics.

It has a k04 turbo upgrade (the one the TT uses), twin intercoolers (also as in the TT), a ceramic clutch, a very subtle DV valve for the turbo, some stiffer (but not lower) springs, and of course gunmetal paint on the wheels.

I have done nothing to it, just buy it and the usual maintenance, but boy have I driven it, 20.000km in a year, and I spent 4 months travelling!

Basically: I <3 my Golf.

First off, proof of ownership (my work badge covering my face and name, but you can see where my nickname comes from):

IMG_0337.jpg

IMG_0331.jpg

IMG_0333.jpg

IMG_0335.jpg

IMG_0339.jpg

Older photos:

Track day!
13ca8a90.jpg

e43188ae.jpg

With its tiny baby cousin:
a2af81d3.jpg

Coming from you (the owner of such awesomeness) I'm very very flattered. By the way, those are stock VW wheels made by BBS. They're Montreals II, I think I'll soon swap them out since I have a set of R32 brakes waiting to be installed

Please take that Apple sticker off...please?

Otherwise, a nice, clean mod. :)

Nice Fabia :clap:

There's also a Golf in those pictures? Oops... Just kidding :lol:

PS: Weeee 3000 :D

Long time no see!

Looks really clean, although I'm a bit sad to see the Alfa go.

Nice and clean, and nice to see another country using only numbers for their plates :p

BANG. TIDY.

sweet ride mate, love the MK4 golf, especially the rear end. Simple, clean, no fuss.

So whats the power out on this thing then? Somewhere around what the old 1.8T TT quattro had? bout 210-225bhp?

Last edited:
From 2002 on it had 180hp, and it's not as heavy as you might think: 1300kg. Body roll is there, but doesn't handle as bad as the press makes it out to be.

My Diesel C-class only weighs 120kg more than that. That IS heavy for a hatchback, whichever way you look at it.

I've driven one or two of the 150hp MkIV GTIs. They feel anything but like a GTI, it's more Sportsline than GTI. Dunno about the 180hp ones. Also, suspension mods go a long way of course.

Last edited: