Votes: 15 12.4%

Votes: 7 5.8%

Votes: 3 2.5%

Votes: 1 0.8%

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
I'll say this. The fact that no-one has bothered to create an episode-specific thread until now is a bloody disgrace. That would also give the producers pause.

My verdict? It looked a bit Handycam in parts but the new presenters show real promise. Genuine humour, pathos and empathy. :)

We have hope. :)

EDIT: It shit me that it wasn't in HD. Fuck Gem.

Last edited:
Actually we've been waiting for one of the admins or mods to start one in the "TG Aus Specific Episode Discussions" section of the forum. That is how it usually works around here. Only mods and admins are allowed to start those threads. I PMed Adunaphel when I got home from work because he was the only mod online, but he doesn't seem to have checked his PMs yet.

They can just move/rename this.

I thought the lead-up to the challenges were better than the actual challenges themselves. Those were mostly re-hashed D-Motor vs TG UK stuff :cry:

If there was a poll, I'd vote 9 on a TG AU scale and 7 on a TG UK scale, so that's an 8. ;)

They can just move/rename this.

Well obviously.

I was simply pointing out why no thread had been created. They usually don't remember to make episode threads for TGA. During series 2 I had to PM Adunaphel or SL65 after almost every episode to get threads created.

I watched it tonight, it was enjoyable but I wouldn't say it 100% engaged me. I think the new hosts will grow on me, they do show promise. It may sound picky, but I didn't like the angle of filming they used for the studio scene right at the end...it felt awkward to watch. Otherwise it was good, I'll be back next week to see how it goes :)

I'll say this. The fact that no-one has bothered to create an episode-specific thread until now is a bloody disgrace. That would also give the producers pause.

Fuck off. It finished airing at 4AM my time. I'm not going to wake up just to start a thread for you.

You can watch it here:

URL REMOVED

For the time being.

Thanks for the heads-up, but posting links to copyrighted material is banned on this part of the forum because it could get the owners into trouble with the MPAA. Please delete your post, even if it was in the best intent. I'll delete this post then.

Poms won't be able to do this right. xD Big lol at the Oz-Uk crap :D :lol: Nice, entertaining 9.

call me crazy but I liked it lots.... definite 9/10 from me

may be because I just like arsing around episodes, but this 75 minutes have given me more laughs than the entire last season of TG UK...

I also particularly like "fat" Bruce, he's just funny somehow

TGA seems to have been dumbed down a fair bit. Steve is easily the best presenter of the 3. Shane is OK, but then again he's quite a good actor. Ewen ... I dunno, he might be good at editing a magazine but on screen he comes across as a bit unpolished. It wouldn't be the first time I've been disappointed when a great motoring journo has turned out to be a crap TV presenter - Michael Stahl springs instantly to mind.

It was an episode of two halves. The first half was quite interesting and engaging. The second half was just formulaic rubbish. You could tell that TG UK had rigged it from a mile away and the whole thing reeked of a cheesy crossover. That said, I am interested to see how TG UK spins this when it eventually ends up going to air in the UK.

Freehand's editing boffins seem to have been taking more lessons from the Mother Country, although they seemed to using the same dealer that TG's editing team were buying their drugs from in Season 14. The 70s style effects were almost as ridiculous as the LF-A story in TG UK 14x07.

6. And that's only because the first half was watchable and Pizzati is still in it.

Last edited:
Fuck off. It finished airing at 4AM my time. I'm not going to wake up just to start a thread for you.

Hahahaha. Fair call. I feel guilty for the last two seasons now. :)

My point, which is still valid, is that there was no rush to the keyboard like the past two seasons. The TGA 'care factor' generally is something that needs to be rekindled. (not specifically in ref to this forum)

I wonder how it rated?

As for a critique.

It came across like one of those 'DVD-only' specials the TG guys do in the summer break, It was like the understudies getting a shot at the cameras and editing suite. I was amazed at how much we saw of the crew in lots of shots.

It was little things like the focus on the in-car cameras, Steve's especially, that took the shine off things. And the Isle of Man opening sequence with the crazy edit/SFX effect that was apprentice-level stuff.

I did like the unscripted dialogue moments between the two teams. I thought Shane was a touch dry, but he'll warm into it. However, the real surprise for me was Ewen. I thought he was great.

We won't know much until they air a real ep, but it shows some promise. 8/10

Last edited:
It wasn't bad at all, I'd say. The first half was actually very interesting to watch, the zoo part was probably the best of the whole episode. Not being Australian and knowing nothing about Australian TV, or the whole issue with Channel Nein, I didn't know what to expect, but based off what I got from you Aussies, the episode was better than I expected. But of course, as I expected the challenges with Hamster, Captain Slow and Jezza were formulaic and predictable, and the editing and special effects at parts left little to be desired. Still, I rated it an 8/10. I'm eager to see the proper show in its Australian setting. Who knows, these new presenters may grow on me.

Wow, relax man. Icedvovo as well, the world doesn't stop if a thread isn't made.. TG staff won't be here in the middle of the night waiting for a thread, get real. <_<

I thought the episode was quite enjoyable, I think they gave the message quite well .. cheat, cheat, cheat some more, when you think you can't cheat anymore .. cheat some more, and then when they're not looking cheat a little bit more! :lol:

Great start IMO compared to other first epi's!

(agree on the studio shot being weird btw, bothered me a bit too)

I must be in the minority but to me it was bogan tryhard crap

No I agree with you, it was tedious to watch. Did they really need to do the "Let's drive through and animal park and forcibly stop in cars" twice? They might as well have done a "Let's drive into a car wash in convertibles with the roof down and forcibly stop". LOL we're getting wet!

Usually I patiently await the HD version. Did they not even air an HD version of this?

No I agree with you, it was tedious to watch. Did they really need to do the "Let's drive through and animal park and forcibly stop in cars" twice? They might as well have done a "Let's drive into a car wash in convertibles with the roof down and forcibly stop". LOL we're getting wet!

Probably should've hid the fact they placed nuts on the car to attract the monkeys.There was probably meat in the bumpers to attract the lions.

I didn't expect much from it, as it was the first outing of the trio. They do seem to gel together as a trio, although I reckon Ewen needs to step up his game as the newbie and try and be natural.

The Safari Park was the highlight for me. Everything else just meh, but i still enjoyed it nevertheless. 8/10.

And from the preview, it looked promising.

Usually I patiently await the HD version. Did they not even air an HD version of this?

Nope. Crap isn't it.

Ch9 launched their 'Gem' brand last week which put dibs on their only HD channel. So, TGA comes off as the poor cousin. That may change for actual season eps, but I don't hold out much hope.