Votes: 15 12.4%

Votes: 7 5.8%

Votes: 3 2.5%

Votes: 1 0.8%

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
When I saw that Clarkson was going to bring out the Stig and say he was James (as we saw done in the contest with the Germans), I thought that the Australians would then trot out the Aussie Stig and say, "We've seen your show before!" Then we would have had two Stigs driving against each other.

I wouldn't be surprised if Steve Pizzati is the Aussie Stig. Steve is an advanced drivng instructor and racing driver after all.

Wow..it's been a while since I've been here.. :)

2/3 new presenters and 100% improvement! Already there's an improvement in the chemistry between the three and, as skeptical as I was hearing "Kenny" would be a co-host, he did a great job. I don't know what to make of Ewen yet, but he's done well. Steve has started to loosen up in his role a bit (finally!).

I know this first episode was titled "Ashes", and supposed to come across as Australia v England, but, because it's the first episode with this trio of Aussie hosts, it had whiffs of it being a training episode due to TGA's somewhat sordid past two seasons...Like Clarkson didn't quite trust them enough to play with his toys on their own just yet.

Having said that I thought the episode was great, and it's a promising sign of good things to come. TGUK started to get good in their 3rd season (with the introduction of May). Perhaps this is a bit of history repeating? Let's hope so. 8/10

Cheers Bruces' :)

Last edited:
all im going to say (for now) is "that was fun!" because it was. 9/10 because it shows real promice!

if this doesnt shut up the people who think TG America is going to bomb, well i dont know what to say anymore.

I enjoyed it. Decent blokes, mix of personalities. Think you Aussies have got the makings of a decent show there, I'd like to see it in the UK between TG series along side endless Dave re-runs. Was able to enjoy it fully legit in 15min chunks @ http://www.topgear.com/au/

Cheers

Crash

how did the antelopes NOT make the show?

by the way, who agrees when i say that someone will eventually make a post about the Rhino thing being fake? im just waiting, its only a matter of time.

I liked it a lot and I think all the presenters did an awesome job. I still wish Warren was still in it though, maybe they can bring him in to do the star in a bog standard car interview or something :D

Cant wait to see the proper eps now! I want to see some xr6t action!

I think it was a very good show, compared to the previous TGA episodes. Steve is a great presenter, and the others were quite good as well, but you have to give them a little time... No one can make it perfect for the first time. In fact, no one can make it perfect... There are some posts here which say the safari park was the worst bit, and some others which say the complete opposite... it can be hard to make a good episode, when the audience is this heterogeneous.
So in my opinion it was very enjoyable. The most boring bit was actually Clarkson's struggle with the motorcycle.
Gave it a 9.

If the upcoming series will be as good as it looked from the preview, it will be easily the best TGA series so far.

I liked that a lot, 9/10

Must have been nerve wrecking driving through the park in the Peels, first the lions staring in, and then a huge rhino waiting for you. Liked the super powered Transit as well. The old English sports cars were good as well, a shame Triumph feel apart after the TR6, although the bikes still live on.

TG UK Hosts = Cheatyface
ftl32_cheatyFace.jpg

2/3 new presenters and 100% improvement! Already there's an improvement in the chemistry between the three and, as skeptical as I was hearing "Kenny" would be a co-host, he did a great job. I don't know what to make of Ewen yet, but he's done well. Steve has started to loosen up in his role a bit (finally!).

I know this first episode was titled "Ashes", and supposed to come across as Australia v England, but, because it's the first episode with this trio of Aussie hosts, it had whiffs of it being a training episode due to TGA's somewhat sordid past two seasons...Like Clarkson didn't quite trust them enough to play with his toys on their just yet.

Having said that I thought the episode was great, and it's a promising sign of good things to come. TGUK started to get good in their 3rd season (with the introduction of May). Perhaps this is a bit of history repeating? Let's hope so. 8/10

Cheers Bruces' :)
I'd pretty much agree with this. Compared with the 2 previous TGA seasons, this one is far and away the best yet. 8 out of 10 on the TGA scale.
I thought Shane had some of the funniest one-liners and sarcastic comebacks. Seemed quite natural and off the cuff instead of scripted several times.

I thought TG-UK really started hitting their stride in season 4, so if this is an average TGA episode for their third season, they're ahead of the curve.

Now we need a three way challenge.....in a neutral corner of course. India? Siberia? Antarctic?

I'm not giving the new guys the benefit of the doubt in rating this episode. I gave it a 4. The first part was OK, but the Ashes Challenge was tedious and I couldn't wait for it to end.
However, from what I saw of the first part I think this team shows some promise .. but I think I will get very bored, very quickly with TGA Mark III if they insist on fucking around looking like they are having a great time without engaging the audience with some useful or interesting information about what they are driving/experiencing.
Steve is OK, but he needs to temper his enthusiasm with some more insight (this may be an editing issue), Shane has a great narration voice and, if he can inject a bit of Kenny into the performance, I'll be well pleased. Ewen looked like a bit of a passenger on this episode (probably understandable). He needs to assert himself more. The cars they drove around the Isle of Man were all interesting, but I learned nothing about them from that piece other than the Ginetta has a roof. What would make TGA watchable would be that unless they have a dog's balls, A-grade, certified hilarious gag to pull they should be informative. Three idiots performing half-arsed predicable and repetitive prat falls will ensure I don't waste my time watching it.

This just "JUMPED" out as needing to be made into a demotivator:

MonkeyJump.gif

As soon as I think of something to write, that is.
(Feel free to steal if you have a line.)

I must confess, i found the Aussie trio more entertaining, more natural, less forced and generally more enjoyable than the UK three.

It has been quite some time since the Clarkson, Hammond and May seemed to be having this amount of fun in front of the camera... i think we would have to go back to the Botswana road trip.

Was quite entertaining. I saw the "van", they zoomed in on the wheels for the first time and I went "XJ220 wth".

Last edited:
Hi Everyone :)

Thought it was quite enjoyable! Will reserve full judgement till series starts properly...
Appears they have a good mix with the hosts.

Think it's heading in the right direction - TGUK didn't fully hit its straps till about Series 3 either :p.

I'm really like this quote "...cheat, cheat, cheat some more, when you think you can't cheat anymore .. cheat some more, and then when they're not looking cheat a little bit more!" but , I don't think thats gonna work (I think)

Way better than Seasons 1 and 2. 9/10

Looking forward to the next show.

So if TG: US is crap, there's hope for a reboot!

It was alright, but I really think Series 2 lineup was the best for me... They really did shine through, they seemed like they were just 3 guys, having a laugh with cars. Kenny and Ewen are good, but I really did like Warren and James.

Cool to see that they're using GoPro HD Heros in the cars though, I have one myself, great little camera! :D