[03x01] August 14th, 2012

[03x01] August 14th, 2012

• Total voters
I've never been a fan of Corvettes but the sound that thing made going over the bridge was insane.

]

The Z06 film was amazing, really enjoyed it and really makes me wish that some police forces were like in NFS: HP (2010), but that's totally out of practicality and budget. Still, superb driving from both drivers.

There's a lot of confiscated vehicles in use in the US

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Police_vehicles_in_the_United_States_and_Canada#Other_police_vehicles

There's a department about an hour away from here that has an older model Viper :O

Last edited:
I gave a 7 which seems to be quite mean to what is a truly entertaining show. But having said that, the whole presentation feels less genuine than before since the whole show seemed to be staged from start to finish. Maybe that's the American way:|

PS. was the Z06 on slicks? Which explains why the car feels so much more grippy than the bike

I've never been a fan of Corvettes but the sound that thing made going over the bridge was insane.

There's a lot of confiscated vehicles in use in the US

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Police_vehicles_in_the_United_States_and_Canada#Other_police_vehicles

There's a department about an hour away from here that has an older model Viper :O

That is pretty awesome, thanks for the link. Now that you've mentioned it, I saw a Volvo police car here in Maine before. <.<!

I know Charlotte had a 350Z and Mustang that were confiscated from street racing. I'm sure they look for about anything to use.

I gave a 7 which seems to be quite mean to what is a truly entertaining show. But having said that, the whole presentation feels less genuine than before since the whole show seemed to be staged from start to finish. Maybe that's the American way:|

PS. was the Z06 on slicks? Which explains why the car feels so much more grippy than the bike

I know the UK version is staged and tested several times before the final shot. I assume from the rubber on the lines through every section bike and z06 took many rounds and they spliced the sequence together from best of perspective. But to me this didn't make it feel less genuine, to me the past season felt like every conversation was almost scripted and this time they felt much more connected.

I decided to rank the episode a 9 which is probably the highest I've ever given. I don't know if I can ever give a 10 but I'm trying to find a forgiving enough scale that would allow it. Can't argue with your seven on this one, just have no clue what it would take to do a 10.

- - - Updated - - -

Replace BigStarSmallCar with 'outrun a police crown vic'

Each week the star gets to blow past the cop car at which point the pro driver starts and essentially if the star crosses the line they beat the old crown vic if not they got busted and go on the drove it like it was stolen board. I think it is more entertaining you still get to keep a leader board for the time to cross the line, and it makes the segment more american and original.

(said as a canadian)

Replace BigStarSmallCar with 'outrun a police crown vic'

Each week the star gets to blow past the cop car at which point the pro driver starts and essentially if the star crosses the line they beat the old crown vic if not they got busted and go on the drove it like it was stolen board. I think it is more entertaining you still get to keep a leader board for the time to cross the line, and it makes the segment more american and original.
I like it.

liked it and gave it an 8.

is that the same v6 biturbo found on f-150's? :) awd is nice too in mud,snow,sand,etc.

Other than the endless recaps, I have to say this is one of the best episodes of TGA (IMO). I really like the full episode theme rather than mini segments, especially with only 42 minutes or so of actual show time. Earlier episodes have felt a little choppy, but I like this method. Hopefully they stick with it for the rest of the series. I also think it helps differentiate TGA from TGUK, which is great. Variety is the spice of life, and lack thereof probably had something to do with TGOz's demise.

i think the 3 police car comparo was a wasted opportunity

and the contest to see who drives teh Corvette... like does anyone want to see Adam or Rutledge drive it?

what a joke... of course it was going to be Tanner

HOWEVER

I imagine that if they made a show that was just Tanner driving supercars, people would watch

The guy can peddle... simply astounding driving there. Lose the bike, who cares... but the Z06 and tanner on the the drift and slide.

Pretty good start to the season. I'm glad to see there wasn't any bullshit challenges in this one.

I live like 5 miles away from that Close Quarters Tactical place. :)

I was really entertained - good show!

They definitely need to cut back on the recap and "coming up next!" crap. Even if it's just replaced with more shots of the cars racing away from the camera - heck that's what we like!

Now that you've mentioned it, I saw a Volvo police car here in Maine before. <.<!

Augusta used Volvos for years. Around the Bangor area, there is a baby blue (with silver racing stripes) Mustang GT that is a state police car.
THAT'S a sneaky one because the lights are hidden.

Apparently it only lasted one season on speedtv.
And wasn't that good either. Granted, I think it was one of the first shows were Tanner talked and he just wasn't that comfortable, plus the budget was low and the camerawork showed it. He did rack up a nice stack of tickets during the season though. :)

That is pretty awesome, thanks for the link. Now that you've mentioned it, I saw a Volvo police car here in Maine before. <.<!

Augusta used Volvos for years. Around the Bangor area, there is a baby blue (with silver racing stripes) Mustang GT that is a state police car.
THAT'S a sneaky one because the lights are hidden.

Geez, next time I'm downstate I'll have to keep an eye out. Police up here all still use Crown Vics, last I noticed.

Anyhoo, fantastic episode. And can I just say that, IMO, the chase bit was a fantastic piece of cinematography and editing? Because yes.

I thought it was pretty good. I didn't really lke Season 1...but it looks like the US boys are really starting to come together as a team more. :)

I think this is one of the best TGA episodes, when comparing it to other TGA Episodes and so far this is my favorite just because i liked the concept and the way it was played out. I honestly liked it better than the Clarkson,May,Hammond version of the Police Car set up. They both were unique but this episode i will surly watch again.