[03x01] October 19th, 2010

[03x01] October 19th, 2010

• Total voters

TroyWK

Car(s)
Canyonero
Figured I'd start one. If a mod wishes to start their own no probs.

Overall I thought it was a fairly good episode, quite a few genuine laughs (Ewen hitting the tree, losing the boat)

New star car is a classic.

Filming was really good, Especially lake Eyre. Really, Just epic scenery.

Biggest gripe is the ads, and the fact the show doesn't feel long enough due to the ads. I really feel it just needs that extra bit of time so it doesn't feel so rushed.

Just my thoughts:

Negatives:
- Them crashing into each other, hurr a durr.
- Two wheel drive cars going across a 'desert', hmm original....
- The studio banter, I thought was much worse than s2 on SBS.
- Shane Warne's speech is more wooden than then frame of the Morgan (though I already knew that).
- Trying to appeal to the bogan demographic.
- Ewen.
- Camera work for the track.

I just found so many things a blatant rip-off of TGUK, not the expected influence but just sheer rip-off.
I also doubt that the XB, highly doubt, it was used in Mad Max like Ewen said.

Positive:
- Camera work.

I'll probably get negrep or people flaming me telling me my opinion is wrong (lol).
I really wasn't impressed.
I'm gonna go back and download s2 from SBS later this week, that was good.

EDIT: I voted 3. I still hope TGA can be as good as, if not better than s2 on SBS, but I doubt it..

Even though the V8 powered thing was done first on TGUK, I still thought it was uber funny! :LOL:

I liked the ep, but I don't like the way how Shane does speeches. But what a laugh when I saw the corolla coming! :p

Negatives:
- Ewen.

Sure it might look a bit goofy when he laughs at the others and blurts things out, but he genuinely looks like he's having the time of his life. I reckon his enthusiasm is great - more 'trying hard' than 'try-hard'. It could easily end up that he's not cut out for TV, but time will tell and he's in good company to learn the ropes.

And while the other two's 'presenting/acting' experience give a more polished performance, sometimes it seems they're just reading lines rather than having fun.

If you want to see awkward, take a look at James' first appearance on TGUK - and look at him now!

At this point it looks like they've simply repainted the Titanic.

I gave it a 3/10

1 point - Ewen
1 point - Shane
1 Point - Ute

More detailed and constructive critique later. Put simply, Freehand don't 'get it'.

7/10 as well. It's got a lot of potential in it, and I can see the three presenters develop a chemistry over time. That phantom lake is pretty cool.

TGA outrated Iron Chef Australia on Seven and Talkin' About Your Generation on Ten

TGA - 1.21 million
ICA - 1.12 million
TAYG - 1.00 million

New configuration for test track:

https://pic.armedcats.net/m/mi/mike079/2010/10/19/179901619.jpg

Hi,
I rated this ep as a 5.

I thought the 'Special' showed the Aussie lads as being much funnier than in this one.

I hope it gets better as I do like the two new presenters.

:)

It was okay, but there were a few problems.

The show is too short. It makes it seem rushed, without segments like the news to even out the pace. There wasn't even time for a proper introduction to the show. No "welcome to TopGear Australia" or anything like that. The very first thing they said was the intro for the first filmed piece. The end was just rushed. Since when is the Star's lap the last thing they do?

Gave a 7. Lake Eyre i thought was pretty good, but the interview was bland. If they actually gave it another 15mins of runtime like the UK, fit in a test run of the three cars on the track for kicks, dumping warne and doing a multi car test to fill up the power lap board, that would have been great.

Ewen needs to loosen up, he's way too stiff in presentation and he's got to stop laughing so much!!!!!!!! Shane fits the role nicely being your bogan with a sense of humour while Pizzati.. well, he does suit the power test but he should stop trying to be funny. I reckon Wazza would be a great partnering to Shane because both can crack serious one liners, Shane is the common sense (ish) bloke while Waz provides the kookiness and unpredictibility to the show.