[03x02] August 21st, 2012

[03x02] August 21st, 2012

• Total voters

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Felt a little too scripted for my liking.

As for the Peel, even though it was a "ripoff" of Clarkson's bit, I still think it was pretty damn funny. Best part of the episode.

I honestly thought it was a hilarious episode. I say it's one up to the Police Car challenge since I feel that the end results were more genuine in this one. I've driven an iQ, so Rut had it coming.

This was a pretty solid episode. Was laughing a number of times.

The trio are really starting to interact more as friends than as co-workers.
The show is progressing nicely, and I have to agree with some of us here that the show is better off without the studio segmets.

8/10 (would have been 9 if it wasn't for the extensive episode recaps after commercial breaks, something History needs to work on)

Decent. My hate for IQ and Fortwo makes it a 7 instead of 8.

Terrible commercial break placement. The last break should have been after the small cars challenge finished, and not halfway through the Peel Trident segment.

I kinda liked this episode. Though I hate the Smart car.

I liked the episode so I'm giving it a 7 but I share some complaints with others

Terrible commercial break placement. The last break should have been after the small cars challenge finished, and not halfway through the Peel Trident segment.

It was brutal!

Felt a little too scripted for my liking.

One of my bigger complaints last season. This was also one of my complaints with the last series of TGUK.

extensive episode recaps after commercial breaks

These are really annoying me.

I did enjoy the episode, I like how the hosts are getting along and appear to be more natural together. I think the production levels are starting to really come together. I also think they are doing a better format that doesn't feel as forced or disjointed.

Decent episode but not as good as last week. I mostly didn't like the stereotypical southern hunter/hillbilly stuff. Those peeps are getting old in car shows and it ended up being filled with pointless tasks for the small cars that were setup to fail. I think they could have gone a different direction with the micro car comparison besides seeing if they can be used as offroad hunting vehicles in a swamp. At least they didn't put six of them in a rink to place hockey or soccer.

7/10

Oh and not sure why finalgear hasn't put up the rip yet. It came out last night. Just look at your usual bit sites and get the one from ettv.

Last edited:
What did I like?

Well, Adam's rant at losing the tug-of-war was pretty entertaining. You'd never get any of the UK Trio to blow up like that. ;)
Rut in the Peel Trident worked all right too. Setting up the Peel in a different context than the Clarkson original did make for a fair bit of difference -- it also brought back memories of Old Top Gear with Clarkson going shopping in an original Mini. (And that moment on the railway tracks worked as genuine suspense.)

gave it a 6(wouldve been a 7 if it werent for the dead stuff lol)

Not only the same thing sort of thing repeated within the US episodes, but besides the Peel, many of us would have seen something not unlike the 'gator-on-the-roof moment before too. I try to ignore these UK d?j? vu moments when voting, however, their 3 car evaluations seem at risk of being just a list of silly tests that might have made us giggle first time around in TGUS. I'd kind of like a little substance now and again - like getting Stiggie to throw them around the track.

Not only the same thing sort of thing repeated within the US episodes, but besides the Peel, many of us would have seen something not unlike the 'gator-on-the-roof moment before too. I try to ignore these UK d?j? vu moments when voting, however, their 3 car evaluations seem at risk of being just a list of silly tests that might have made us giggle first time around in TGUS. I'd kind of like a little substance now and again - like getting Stiggie to throw them around the track.

Yes, this is beginning to stray from being "top gearish" and more into a car show on history. I have no issue with it, its a good show but the brand is not being represented anymore. Its very cleaar that they didnt "pick" those three cars but rather "picked from" those three cars.

Yes, this is beginning to stray from being "top gearish" and more into a car show on history. I have no issue with it, its a good show but the brand is not being represented anymore. Its very cleaar that they didnt "pick" those three cars but rather "picked from" those three cars.

Well, they're trying something different with the first six episodes of this season by staying away from the studio and attempting to cement their own identity this way, which I can't fault them for. Look how many different yahoos here have condemned this show for "ripping off" TGUK all the time. It's going to be a bit hit-or-miss, and the studio segments and track will probably be back for the last ten episodes after the break.

By the way, Sik, it's good to see you back.

I enjoyed it. It was pure entertainment but that's ok. I love how Adam blew up at the tug of war bit, and some of the lines.

Germany, Japan, and Italy. Have you heard of World War II? Is that a band? Yeah, they big tour across Europe.

That was hilarious. The guys felt very natural as well.

I also like how they aren't trying to be a carbon copy of TGUK and the challenges/themes are becoming more different. If I want to see TGUK I'll watch TGUK.

I like how the Peel segment served as a nice contrast to Clarkson's review of the P50.

Well, they're trying something different with the first six episodes of this season by staying away from the studio and attempting to cement their own identity this way, which I can't fault them for. Look how many different yahoos here have condemned this show for "ripping off" TGUK all the time. It's going to be a bit hit-or-miss, and the studio segments and track will probably be back for the last ten episodes after the break.

By the way, Sik, it's good to see you back.

There needs to be SOME level of "ripoff" but not to much. Just enought to show the brand. My point is that im not seeing any in this series. I get what you mean about the studio segments but they need to get back to those. Also, would love to see (but never will because of sponsers) a cool wall or something like that.

Also, thanx (+1) i tend to come and go alot these days.

Last edited:
Also, would love to see (but never will because of sponsers) a cool wall or something like that.
I don't know why this gets keeps getting repeated because it isn't true. They have slammed or made fun of pretty much every manufacturer so far and it hasn't been a problem. They don't seem to be bending to any advertisers as they shouldn't. A cool wall is the least of advertiser's worries. It isn't about weather a car is 'good' or 'bad'. Hell the cars the presenters get (going by UK rules) automatically means the car is 'uncool'.

I don't think the studio bits being dropped is a bad thing, not because I don't like them, but the hosts just aren't that comfortable doing it and with the 42min runtime, they don't have the time for filler. Finding the format that works best for a US audience that will keep them on the air is ok by me. Especially if it means we won't ever have to hear "take it away stig" again. :)