[03x03] August 28th, 2012

[03x03] August 28th, 2012

• Total voters
Gave it a 7(+). Like many, I wasn't impressed with the ad agency or the commercials, but the rest was pretty good. Looked like all four of them in the double-decker race were genuinely having fun. Overall, I was entertained, and that is what it's all about, isn't it?

4. Didn't they do this exact same challenge in the first season? Only with more ripping off of the UK version?

- - - Updated - - -

4. Didn't they do this exact same challenge in the first season? Only with more ripping off of the UK version?

Seriously fucking go away.

Didn't you do this exact same commentary for the first and second seasons? Only with even more repetition of your own words?

Uh, NO...
They did not do this in the first season...nor the second season...and unless I SOMEHOW missed an episode, the UK show hasn't done this either.

You really are a Top Gear UK fanboy, aren't you?

No he is a troll.

33188d1302130092-molly-dee-how-i-lo.jpg

I enjoyed it. Didn't care for the ad segment to much but it was short and less drawn out than what TGUK did with the Scirocco. The other challenges were fun and I liked how Rut bought the Merkur. Someone locally has one, funky little car. There's actually an Allante for sale at a Cadillac dealer nearby, bet that'll be there for a while.

Solid 8

Silly question here.
Why on earth would someone who hates a TV show watch it in the first place, much less go on a message board to criticize it? I don't like Dog The Bounty Hunter. I won't waste my time watching it, much less go on A&E's message board and complain. That seems stupid to me.
I like TGUS, and will continue to watch it. Sure, there are parts that could be better, but overall, it's good, and it is getting better.
Some people just have too much time on their hands, I guess.:rolleyes:

Why on earth would someone who hates a TV show watch it in the first place, much less go on a message board to criticize it?
Attention. If we disagree, we're giving him attention. If we talk about him, we're giving him attention. If we negrep him, we're giving him attention. And even better, if we call him names, well, that means he's gotten under our skin! It's not artful enough to really be a "troll", but the same basic motivations apply.

So instead... the show! I feel many of the segments related to the cars were rushed. They spent seconds, it seemed, in the ad agency. The commercials seemed a bit rushed, too. Since they didn't manage to pull off the ad agency segment, anyway... just drop the thing and give other segments more time.

Not sure why they included the ad agency interview (skit), since it was one of the least popular TGUK episodes. I guess they learnt one thing from it, however, and trimmed it right down. Still, for someone who enjoys even repeats of TGUK (Ad agency excepted), I find TGUS still entertaining, and despite an ocassional yawn, it's tending to get even better.

When they get around to the inevitable TGUK vs. TGUS episode, I'm thinking they might bring the 10-series with them. Either that or figure out a way to use a Pinto for the bottom configuration to scare the Brits.

How about a nice powerful 78 Mustang II on the bottom and something sporty like a 78 T-Bird on top to provide shade and just the slightest hint of instability :mrgreen:

Attention. If we disagree, we're giving him attention. If we talk about him, we're giving him attention. If we negrep him, we're giving him attention. And even better, if we call him names, well, that means he's gotten under our skin! It's not artful enough to really be a "troll", but the same basic motivations apply.

I'm just offering my opinion. Gotta have some measure of dissent here and TGUS isn't all sunshine and lollipops.

I'm just offering my opinion. Gotta have some measure of dissent here and TGUS isn't all sunshine and lollipops.

Opinions are like assholes, and you have an annoying insistence in showing us yours at every opportunity. There are other websites where I can see annoying opinions about TGUS, or someone showing us their asshole. tg.com usually has enough of both for anyone's satiation.

Dissent in the form of constructive criticism is perfectly welcome and provides some good talking points and alternate viewpoints that some might not have considered. Dissent for the sake of dissent, which is what you're providing, is simply annoying and non-productive, and distracts from substantive discussions of what's wrong. You have never, and I mean never, provided anything more constructive than "Fire Rut," which isn't going to happen. This is why you're regarded as a troll. You've been told this and just not bothered changing because you think you're "edgy". No, you're not. You're just a dickhead.

Dissent in the form of constructive criticism is perfectly welcome and provides some good talking points and alternate viewpoints that some might not have considered. Dissent for the sake of dissent, which is what you're providing, is simply annoying and non-productive, and distracts from substantive discussions of what's wrong.
Thanks for saying it better than I would have, The Spie.

Re: [03x03] August 28th, 2012

Anyone feel it's lacking for the actual car tests? I like these adventure segment but I think they should still do reviews. They did some fairly good ones in seasons one and two.

Opinions are like assholes, and you have an annoying insistence in showing us yours at every opportunity. There are other websites where I can see annoying opinions about TGUS, or someone showing us their asshole. tg.com usually has enough of both for anyone's satiation.

Dissent in the form of constructive criticism is perfectly welcome and provides some good talking points and alternate viewpoints that some might not have considered. Dissent for the sake of dissent, which is what you're providing, is simply annoying and non-productive, and distracts from substantive discussions of what's wrong. You have never, and I mean never, provided anything more constructive than "Fire Rut," which isn't going to happen. This is why you're regarded as a troll. You've been told this and just not bothered changing because you think you're "edgy". No, you're not. You're just a dickhead.

Now, this is true. You must not have any personal fulfillment in your personal life if you insist on logging on here and ranting on how you think TopGear US is a waste of air space and then trying to convince us that you're right and no one should ever question you and your lack of any valuable insight.

If I were a moderator or admin on here, I would just ban you for good since all you want to be is some sad, attention grabbing, troll. But it would be best if you just not provide any of your opinions, since all you do is repeat the same, worthless shit over again. You can continue to be the closeted fan of the show that you are, but we'll continue to point out the fact that you're sad and pathetic for every worthless critique you post up on here.

Anyone feel it's lacking for the actual car tests? I like these adventure segment but I think they should still do reviews. They did some fairly good ones in seasons one and two.

They'll get back to that when they get back to the studio for the second part of the season. The first six episodes will be challenges, then there'll be a break, then they'll get back to El Toro for "normal" TG.

I gave it a 7. It was my first time watching any TG series in a while but hearing about it on Autoblog's Podcast made my curiosity pique. I liked it and for the most part the guys personalities meshed a lot better than season 1, all of them are likable, and I like how they're confidently doing their own thing compared to the UK version, even down to the title sequence.

I didn't know they sold so few of the SVX...I knew it was a super slow seller but not that slow. My grandma bought new a purple 92 SVX that she (stupidly imo) traded in for a Pathfinder Armada. I thought it was a super cool car, especially the window system and the interior.

I'd love to show her this but she's in Florida :p

Last edited:
Which I am not.

Really? Every single remark you've made about TGUS contradicts that.

If I wish to keep it short, that is my prerogative.

And by "keeping it short", you're not making your point clear. That is, if you actually have a point to make.