[03x04] March 6th, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

alclark

Car(s)
96 Honda Accord LX w/ 3 pedals
"Continental Divide"
The guys set out to conquer the Rockies in soccer-mom vans.

Last edited:
I'll venture a guess and it might have to do with the brief scene of the trio on a mountain pass. Who drove the Ford Aerostar?

crapgear.jpg

An Aerostar, a Voyager, and an Astro.

I'd bet that whoever was driving the Astro ended up being the winner. Isn't that based on the same platform as trucks like the Tahoe and Suburban?

I'd bet that whoever was driving the Astro ended up being the winner. Isn't that based on the same platform as trucks like the Tahoe and Suburban?

That looks like a Chevy Blazer or S10 to me.

You might be right, I just immediately thought "cheap van challenge" and older Astros are like, really cheap.

The mirrors look like they're from an Astro too. They're thick and long.

You might be right, I just immediately thought "cheap van challenge" and older Astros are like, really cheap.

Looking at it more closely, I think you're right. The headlights look more like those of an Astro than a Blazer/S10

Nah, that was the White Van Man Challenge. These guys are clearly doing something offroad.

My money's on the Rutster!

The Failstar I* appears to be the largest, oldest, and most inappropriate vehicle in that picture. That screams out "Adam".

* - During my sad-ass Ford-owning period, I owned two Failstars: an Aerostar followed by a Windstar.

Mini-van challenge. Interesting. My money is on the Astro in the off-road challenge. My dad had a GMC Safari -- a Chevy Astro with GM badges. Those things are built like tanks and can take alot of punishment.

i imagine that all these vans could have 4WD since the look of each van were from a generation that had 4WD as an option?

The Aerostar and the Astro are RWD/4WD, while the Voyager (and other related Chrysler minivans) is FWD/AWD.

Astros and Aerostars aren't exactly "soccer mom" minivans, but a Voyager definitely qualifies. I'd rather see them destroying Odysseys, Siennas, maybe a Pontiac Montana. Does an Aztec count? I'd love to see one of those pushed off a cliff "accidentally".

Status
Not open for further replies.