[03x08] April 3, 2012

Hang on, what?

I thought it was seven episodes and a clip show.

says who?

No one said anything about a clip show for S2 that I remember.

Rutledge had said something in his interview with Jalopnik that they split season 2 into eight and eight. Since rips were only released here of the first seven episodes, I had thought that episode eight was a clip show, and assumed the same thing for episode sixteen (or, in this case, season 3 episode 8).

Oh, right, silly me. Why did I think there were only seven? :?

"Worst Cars"

Description:
The guys buy each other what they think is the worst car in the country and set themselves a challenge; Tanner travels to England to find out just how fast a brand new supercar with no official top speed can go.

Zonda R, perhaps? (Only car I can think of that doesn't have an official top speed.)

Zonda R, perhaps? (Only car I can think of that doesn't have an official top speed.)

If the SSC Twatawattle has made it to metal, it wouldn't really have an official top speed, but that would be tested here rather than in Britain; ditto the Venom GT. Besides, any Zonda wouldn't really be "brand-new" unless you really stretched the definition, which these ads do have a tendency to do. The pedants, of course, would have an issue with any Zonda being called a "supercar", but that's not worth bringing up.

The Venom is made in England so....

And they have a boner for Hennesey, so that's a possibility. I hope not. There's something about the Venom GT I don't like, other than the fact that it's been inappropriately touched by the Texas con-men.

I hope it is the Venom :)

Also they only make like 10 a year so if they did feature it on the show it would make a lot more sense to film it near the factory.

It's the Noble M600, I bet. It's been in the show's intro all season (half-season?). The Lexus LFA was in the intro last season, and it was tested by Tanner as well.