[03x08] December 21st, 2003

Just to update this thread with that elusive song we were all looking for (that was found back in the [03x05] thread):

48:22 - 49:05: 7 Hurtz - 3 Sisters

31:45 - 32:29 - The White Stripes - The Hardest Button to Button
i don't think it's right:? the tag puts me right in the middle of a studio segment

24:55 - 25:37 - The White Stripes - The Hardest Button to Button

Music from 38:45 -> 38:58

Music from 38:45 -> 38:58

I know its an old thread now but can anyone identify the 60's music playing from 38:45 to 38:58 when Clarkson finally drives the Audi after getting ready.:):)

10:25-11:05 Air - Sexy Boy -- Hammond flying & Nissan.
11:08-11:22 ? - Fly me to the moon -- Still Hammond. Unknown band.

BBC Prime rip.

This has got to be one of the most barren TG threads here!! Anyway, here are my requests if anyone is listening:

32:30 - 32:50: ??

And here is another request for 48:22 - 49:05. That track is hot!!

Answering my own question. Shazam FTW!
32:30 - 32:50: Groove Armada - Dusk You & Me

Damn track.....

Damn track.....

The same mystical track was played in the PREVIOUS episode.

NOBODY knows what it is. Well what is it?????

It was played at the beginning and during MG XPower test and in this episode it was played at the beginning of James' Jaguar XJ-lite test.

Please does anyone know what it is?

And NO, it is NOT plastic dreams, and it probably wasnt for quite a while now so can someone just please say it?????

It is at about 20:00 minutes in.

Last edited:
Hopefully someone can help me out and has come across this too. going by the timings above, its 26:18 - 26:31 and on here and most of the Top Gear episodes its the White Stripes track, however I have heard a different track being used at this point (it would appear its not used on the BBC prime recordings) but cant find out what it is... Ive only been able find a clip of it here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkDuSPrBRGE (Starting at 1.23 youtube timings) - I've also head this played on the same episode on a Dave repeat. Would be eternally grateful for anyone who can point me in the right direction...
(by the way have tried Shazam and Soundhound with no joy)

38:58 - 39:39 - 7 Hurtz - 3 Sisters
41:29 - 42:16 - 7 Hurtz - 3 Sisters

There's a sort of hypnotic keyboard piece that plays around the 33 minute mark and again about a minute and a half later (during May's Aston Martin piece - the second time takes place just before the show returns to studio and James says, "Their loss is our gain..."). Is this studio music? If not, can anyone identify it? Your help is greatly appreciated.

P.S. The same tune is also played briefly on That Mitchell & Webb Look during the Dreamy Pastures Insurance sketch, if this helps anyone identify the piece. Again, thanks.

Last edited: