• Total voters

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Please stay on-topic. :)

My thoughts:

Meh. Got off to a really great start but I actually fast-forwarded through the entire way too long football segment and wasn't impressed at all with Adam's invention.

You missed out.

As a car enthusiast who loves [and understands] [American] football, the football segment had me entertained through and through. Had me thinking of ways of somehow setting something similar up.

As a former commuter who used to commute nearly an hour each way to work, the third segment hit home for me. I WISH I could do half of what Adam did to Tanner's car. Thank goodness my current commute is only 9 miles through mild traffic and nice areas now...and for only 3-4 days a week, too. :)

All in all, one of their best episodes yet. For me, that is.

The invention segment was too short, much like the one Rutledge did. I would have liked to see more of the football segment as that was absolutely entertaining.

Also, I would have rather seen Adam test the 2005-era Ford GT race against Rutledge in the 550. At least Adam admitted that his driving skills needed work.

After re-watching the 150mph challenge, it looked like Tanner's 9-3 was in pretty bad shape from the start, so I'm not terribly hurt by it getting banged up in the football segment. They could have also used a different 9-3 (Remember the pickup truck challenge with the monster truck race?).

EDIT: There's probably still an episode next week - Counting Cars is set to take over the Tuesday 9PM slot in April. They also showed a quick teaser of next week's at the end of this episode.

Last edited:
Was okay, but the football segment dragged on.

Loved seeing and hearing the original GT40.

The GT40 was the peak of the American car history. This episode was one of the worst TG US episodes ever. Yuck!

I liked all the stuff with the Ford GT and the Ferrari 550, that was good stuff but I'm not sure about the car football those car matches don't really seem to work without the gigantic car sized ball. Didn't really like the bit at the end.

where's the torrent download link for this episode?.i cant find it.

Torrent is now up in the usual places *cough* TPB.

Weakest episode of the season. The GT40 bit was great. One of my favorite cars too. I think this episode also showed why TGUS doesn't need the Stig, Tanner is more than enough driver that it doesn't really make sense in the narrative. I think if they do a UK/US crossover that one of the challenges should definitely be Tanner vs UK Stig. Lots of potential there.

Football, eh. Never liked any of the auto sports. I'm sure they are fun as hell to participate in, boring to watch.

Last segment was just fair. I did get a pretty good laugh at the paint roller ASS HAT. :)

I wonder what was off with the GT ie the smoke? Didn't seem like anything let go but that was a good amount of smoke from something. The squid gun and the horn are things I want on my car :)

The football thing was a bit lame. Those segments always seem like fill. Have seen the soccer and rugby segments on TGUK enough that this is a bit stale.

All in all entertaining. Not the best but not that bad.

The GT40 was the peak of the American car history. This episode was one of the worst TG US episodes ever. Yuck!

I agree. The music ruined it yet again. Whoever's in charge of the sound design on this show needs to be tarred and feathered, then thrown off a bridge in a barrel of acid. It's not just not improving the show, it's actively ruining it when you play music over the noise from the GT40 and the Ferrari when they're on the track. I'm seriously fucking mad at the production team for how bad they are at this. A group of special ed 3rd graders would do better than they would. And it's even more of a shame since this show has some serious potential now. :mad:

was gonna give it a 6, but because of those high school photos it earned a 7 lol....

rut looks like me little brother some years ago haha

Loved this episode. The car football was genius.

9/10 for me.

Didn't like the football bit. Seemed to drag on for ages. The rest was just ok. I'd say weakest of the season.

Y'know... I started this ep with a "this is gonna suck" mind but somehow, I ended up really liking it! The bit about Adam and the GT40 was really heartfelt, Adam laughing at Rut's "Ferrari as a gift from when you're sleeping with the babysitter" had me in stitches (To be honest, I just love Adam's cackle. He laughs for real, just like James May :)).

Football felt a little long, but that's because I'm not a football fan.

Now "Anti-douche" car prototype was hilarious! Tanner's "Oh my Gawd! D:" when Adam fired the squid cannon was awesome :D

Now, on to the low points:

Please, PLEASE take the sound director and fire him! Lock him in a locker, make him drink oil! WHO IN THEIR RIGHT FUCKING MIND PUTS STUPID MUSIC OVER THE SOUND OF A RACING V8??? :shakefist:

Even with that, still 8/10

I wonder what was off with the GT ie the smoke?

Probably just burped some oil out of the breather while under a high G load, which then found its way onto the header. The GT40 uses a fairly unique crossover exhaust that has a few of the runners very close to the breathers on each valve cover.

The actual race cars had catch cans to prevent that sort of thing.

I think this episode also showed why TGUS doesn't need the Stig, Tanner is more than enough driver that it doesn't really make sense in the narrative. I think if they do a UK/US crossover that one of the challenges should definitely be Tanner vs UK Stig. Lots of potential there.

But Tanner *won't* be going up against the Stig. He'll be going up against James May. ;)

But Tanner *won't* be going up against the Stig. He'll be going up against James May. ;)

You know, just the other day, I told a friend that I wanted to see Adam and Rut choose, in that inevitable special, to take on competitions they might not be ideally suited for, specifically to save Tanner for use against "James" in the finale.

I can just imagine Adam snarking, "Yeah, see, unlike the last two times, WE actually WATCH your show..."