[03x16] April 2, 2013

sushant.008

Car(s)
suzuki swift sport
"Viking Trucks"
The guys head to Iceland to try and prove to the locals that American trucks still have what it takes to conquer the world.

i dont see this working..american trucks never work in rest of the world..not expecting too much from this episode..may be another epic fail!;)

well .... most icelanders dont use american trucks

to heavy and WAY to expensive to run

this wont work.

this wont work.

Most trucks in Iceland are actually ridiculous, just a few from my trip there a couple years ago:

http://n736ra.minus.com/mzmgSBQU3HkLu

For the TGUK Pole trip that Hilux was customized my an Icelandic company, they need ridiculous trucks for the stupid deep snow and rivers you have to cross to get basically anywhere, I think this could be an awesome episode/test of just how tough a stock GM/Ford is.

this wont work.

Does your country still exist after the filming of the episode? It does? Then it worked.

Based on the preview after last week's show, these are heavily modified.

I posted a reply but it was my first post and it had a link so its in mod land, but do a google image search for icelandic trucks, they are ridiculous...way more so than american trucks, I think it will be an awesome episode!

Edit: and apparently the trucks they're using were bough from Arctic trucks, the same company that outfitted TGUK for their jaunt to the pole. The fun thing about Iceland is there are roads through the interior that simply don't have bridges, or are in such deep snow that you might need a rig like that just to get home.

Last edited:
Does your country still exist after the filming of the episode? It does? Then it worked.

What they are trying to achieve in this episode wont work.

prove to the locals

Well, most locals, there are obviously certain people who like American trucks over Japanese.

But we mostly use Jap. cheaper to run, lighter so they dont dig into the snow.

here are 3 Dodge Rams on 54"

but it really dont want to argue

Last edited:
What they are trying to achieve in this episode wont work.

Who cares? You survived a visit from Americans. It's been a while since we got out of Keflavik, so you're not used to compensating for Americans anymore. I don't care about the trucks accomplishing what they are supposed to be doing. This is Top Gear. They're not supposed to. But an American TV show? That makes your volcanoes look like a dip in the hot springs.

Well, I won't go into details, but it's NOT a disaster. In fact, I say it's the most epic TGUS has been. I'd even dare to put it up there with the Polar Special.