[04x02] September 6th, 2011

[04x02] September 6th, 2011

• Total voters
As for Yanks not seeing anything funny, WELL the WORLD does not understand American humor, so GSY. It is made for Australian's... NOT America.

Wow! Such anger. Um, I think if you re-read the posts here, you'll see that most Aussies were disappointed and most 'Americans' (and other nationalities) liked it well enough. In fact, check my post (#31) above to see that reflected. So, thanks and GSY too! :)

Unfortunately for TGA, anything said at this point is just a war of words. The real evidence was the show itself ? and the viewers have already voted on that by turning off in significant enough numbers for the axe to fall.

Personally, I think the blame lays with all parties involved. Channel 9, Freehand and BBC Worldwide. They underestimated the level of intelligence that viewers can cope with and paid the price.

Has it been confirmed that their won't be another season?

I know it has been taken of the air until the rating season ends, but if Nine's contract with the BBC for TopGear UK is dependent on it, then they may have to make some more next year. Keep in mind that they never ended up showing all of last year's series either, but it still came back this year.

Has it been confirmed that their won't be another season?

I know it has been taken of the air until the rating season ends, but if Nine's contract with the BBC for TopGear UK is dependent on it, then they may have to make some more next year. Keep in mind that they never ended up showing all of last year's series either, but it still came back this year.

It is pretty obvious that channel nine doesn't want to air Top Gear Australia (2 seasons cut short out of 2 attempts) and this article on Car Advice suggests it has been terminated.

I know nothing about the TV industry, but I doubt the contract between nine and bbc worldwide is as simple as "you must produce and show top gear australia". I'm sure there are plenty of clauses related to ratings, time slots etc that would provide nine with legal provision to kill it.

Last edited: