[04x06] June 13th, 2004

Usually 10 episodes per series, 2 series per year, and there are (only :cry: ) 4 episodes left of the 1st series of this year.

meh ok episode. the guest i thought was hilarious and the review of the clio was interesting (how it goes around corners on three tires is awesome). otherwise.. so-so. can't wait for the next series.

thanks for another great video, viper and VUK! :)

Excellent, thanks Viper. Downloading now. Pity there won't be any Top Gears for a while though :(

There will be, just no newly aired ones. ;)

I think it was a very low blow to bring up the Aztek...lol. 9 out of 10 Americans dont even want it :lol:

Sort of wish Richard had driven the CTS-V but I have to agree that the interior is a bit cheap for a car of this price range/luxury level. That seems to be a problem area for many higher end GM cars if you look at owner surveys. Then again they did pay considerably less then they would have for a European or Japanese car targeting the same market.

I wonder why GM decided the CTS wouldn?t be sold in the UK?

Likwid said:
I wonder why GM decided the CTS wouldn?t be sold in the UK?

they can't be bothered to make it right hand drive

Yeah.. it wouldn't be worth it to invest to make it RHD for a pretty small market

Yeah, I gotta agree. I liked the looks of that Solstice too. I can't figure Jeremy out sometimes.

But he's dead-on with the SSR. I think that's the ugliest Chevy product out there right now.

I actually sent in an e-mail to them saying that no one likes the Aztec over here either...

IMO, the ugliest car ever!!

Viper007Bond said:
I actually sent in an e-mail to them saying that no one likes the Aztec over here either...

Good one. DId you tell him just exactly what type of operation you're running? :mrgreen: You shoulda circulated it, and we coulda sent it with like 50 names or something.

I was happy to see Jeremy point out my biggest problem with the Mustang though. I can understand the current Mustang because its based on the 25 year old Fox platform. The new Mustang however still retaining the solid rear axle is just B.S. Its a cost savings Ford says but I know more then a few people that would pay extra for an independent rear suspension.... I believe, as I do with drum brakes, that old tech "money saving" parts dont belong on your companies performance car.

That was the main reason I got rid of my Z28. Even after upgrading suspension parts it still was a bit tail happy in corners with uneven pavement. That was the big factor for some of my friends that purchased a WRX, RSX Type-S or another performance car over the Mustang GT.

SiR_dude said:
Viper007Bond said:

Good one. DId you tell him just exactly what type of operation you're running? :mrgreen: You shoulda circulated it, and we coulda sent it with like 50 names or something.
Uh, no. The idea behind flying under the radar is that you actually stay under it...

Likwid said:
I was happy to see Jeremy point out my biggest problem with the Mustang though. I can understand the current Mustang because its based on the 25 year old Fox platform. The new Mustang however still retaining the solid rear axle is just B.S. Its a cost savings Ford says but I know more then a few people that would pay extra for an independent rear suspension.... I believe, as I do with drum brakes, that old tech "money saving" parts dont belong on your companies performance car.

Well put, and I completely agree. I was hoping they would put in an independant rear suspesnion, but from what I've read, they did it because most of their owners are more of a drag racer type. I currently own a Mustang but I wouldn't want another one (especially with a solid axle).

off-topic: Just curious, do you own an Evo VIII or are you just a fan of one (referring to your avatar of course). I'm planning on getting one for my next car.