[04x06] June 13th, 2004

Hi!

Again, a nice episode. :)

Btw, I'm a German and I can actually pronounce squirrel and Vanquish! :wink:
Later in the show Richard tried to pronounce "Norschleife", that was very funny! According to what he said it would be written "Nordieschliefe". :lol:

Oh, and I think the Cube was only beeping because the door was open. :roll:

cya
Oli

They were way too harsh on the Cube anyway. I've always liked the design, and having a bench in front is just great, especially for cruising with the missus.

it's not that bad seriously.. looks better than an Aztec or Element.. atleast it's cute

oliB said:
Hi!

Oh, and I think the Cube was only beeping because the door was open. :roll:

Of course that's what it is. My car makes the exact same beeps when the key is in the ignition and the door is open. I think Jeremy was just trying to find even more wrong with it.

Hi everyone.

I really want to watch this episode but i can`t download it through torrent cause my isp have blocked all torrent traffic. :evil:

So i was wondering if there is any other way to get a hold of this episode, and future ones.

So if anyone can dcc, or send it via IM or any other way, give me a reply or send me a PM.

I would be much grateful. :)

The cube looks like a concept car.

I don't mean to offend anyone here but I'm not a fan of american cars. They seem to always want everything to be 'bigger'. I mean many american cars have like 6 litre engines but only being able to do 0-60 in 7 seconds while doing 10 miles to the gallon.

I see this car series on the discovery channel called 'Rides'. Very nice show but american oriented. They were talking about people making custom cars and this guy made his car 1500bhp and all sorts. What's the point of all that power if it can only go on a straight line!?!!? It really pisses me off. I never understand proffesional drag racing. It wastes fuel, damages the ear, and gives me herpes.

"Rides" pisses me off. Nice cars being "pimperized" (yes, I made that word up).

I agree with you zyran, most of the US cars are either made fat or get fat when they arrive at our shores. Americans like big and heavy... its no wonder the SUV sells as well as cars here. I was thinking when Richard and Jeremy were doing the "cars we dont get" segment If we did that list for the US the "keep" bucket would be full.

GM however does seem to be catching on slowly. The CTS and C5/C6 Corvette would be good examples as well as the GTO (even though it wasnt their idea...lol). I have never had great respect for the Corvette until the C5 was released in 97. My father's Z06 is just amazing. The ride is a bit rough and the interior has a low end feel for a $50,000USD car but it corners like its on rails and its 405hp 5.7L pushrod V8 accelerates like crazy and it still can manage 34 MPG on highway runs in 6th gear. I cant wait for a road test of the C6.

i agree with you zyran, im a big fan of squuueeeeeeeezzing ever gram out of car and sticking a hot poker up the arse of my engine to sqqqqqquuuuueeeezzzz ever horse out of it. Tis why im a big fan of Caterham cars, not many other cars can give a porsche a run for its money with a 1.8L vauxhall engine.

But even then i think cars like DB9 and teh SLR are great cars as they are lean (low in fat) but are still fast as hell, and have good practical uses (eg u can do ur shopping or go traveling in it for long distances)

RenaultFreak: my mate has that clio, it is a bad little puppy, and he scares me when he drives alla'aggro

great episode :)

hmm... does anyone know the name of the song that began playing during the CTS review? the guitar strumming song... i've heard it before but can't figure out who sings it
:(

Vines - Ride

It's the first single on their new album Winning Days. It's fairly decent.

Renesis said:
Not me...

but seriously Jeremy was dumb.. the Solstice is awesome

Yeah, but it is kinda weak for the amount of displacment (and this is a trend on american cars, look at the 4.6L ford V8 reviewed on topgear last week. When BMW is making 333hp out of a 3.2 V6, making 25 percent less from a 4.6 V8 is kinda sad.

ALSO

Does anyone know the song that was played in the first half of the Clio review?
Thanks in advance,
SpetsnazOP

SpetsnazOp said:
Renesis said:
Not me...

but seriously Jeremy was dumb.. the Solstice is awesome

Yeah, but it is kinda weak for the amount of displacment (and this is a trend on american cars, look at the 4.6L ford V8 reviewed on topgear last week. When BMW is making 333hp out of a 3.2 V6, making 25 percent less from a 4.6 V8 is kinda sad.

ALSO

Does anyone know the song that was played in the first half of the Clio review?
Thanks in advance,
SpetsnazOP

170 and 220HP from 2 liters that's not bad