[04x06] October 29th, 2013

[04x06] October 29th, 2013

• Total voters

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Overall an interesting episode because they actually go to Canada, but what bothered me is the VW Cabrio used by Rut. It goes from a white 1999 Mk4 to an black Mk3 after the boat conversion. Its similar to Adam's Chrysler Town & Country being changed to a different generation model in the season 2x12 crossing the Continental Divide episode. Do the producers of this show not think a car buff could easily spot this inconsistency?

Also a waste of a decent Plymouth Conquest...

I give it a 6 because of that.

Last edited:
One thing I hate about TGUS is that these guys never bother showing us how these cars are build. Do these 3 presenters know how to modify a car or simply use a nearby car shop and make it done by professionals? I really miss the TGUK's "Q-THE-MUSIC" and cocking about in the workshop. The episode was OKish though. First two challenges were funny. But Tanner acted like a pussy and went off the boat cuz he was hungry or something. And what happened to Adam's car? It sank from nowhere! 6+1 for the camera shots. A 7 from me.

Did Tanner say right after he hit the lake" That's what I'm talking aBOAT"? ;P

Do these 3 presenters know how to modify a car or simply use a nearby car shop and make it done by professionals?

The latter. Same as the UK "builds". They just have more time to mess around in a given ep, so it's easier to fit stuff like that in.

Anyway, a solid ep. 8/10. The "naval battle" was hilarious.

Nice episode. What really bothered me was Rut's car model change, but the many funny moments and incredible camera work made up for it.
What happened to Rut's boat in the middle? Did it overheat or run out of fuel? Why did Tanner leave like that? It just seemed like an asshole move, even for Top Gear Presenter standards. I'm glad they finished it though and made it. This whole challenge felt very real. 8/10.

Last edited:
I thought it was a good improvement over last weeks. Tanner's attempt at "Jackie Chan'n" the entry into his Turboat was pretty funny. The water fight was definitely worth it but sadly I'm sure that is what caused both cars to sink so fast. Adam's probably got in enough water to just break the surface plain causing it sink immediately. It looked like it caught everyone off guard with how fast it went down. Overall I was impressed that they made it across. Tanner bailing via boat looks to have been a producer decision. The car wasn't exactly doing well with 3 people on it and the boat that came to pick him up was probably one of the larger support boats in the area holding crew. They just wrote in that he called and acted like they were his buddies. Just playing up Tanner's persona.

Good episode I felt. The land challenges seemed largely superfluous and we may have been better served with some "build time." The naval battle was very funny indeed and I agree with above that I don't think anyone expected Adam to go down like that... the camera shot wasn't ideal, for one.

Also, we get Tanner's "persona" and don't need the boat exit to play it up anymore. As with the UK amphibicar, it seems like a real achievement when they reach land and I wish all three presenters had been there for that.

Looooooong time final gear-er, first time with a forum account/post - the 10th anniversary inspired me I suppose =)

Good episode I felt. The land challenges seemed largely superfluous and we may have been better served with some "build time." The naval battle was very funny indeed and I agree with above that I don't think anyone expected Adam to go down like that...

I agree restartSTIG. Also, glad that Rut's 'car' made it and Tanner's sank! lol A few words & taunts on camera about Adam's epic fail would have been nice though. One of the better episodes for me. I also liked last week's motorcycle trip. 7/10

I always wondered do those cars on TGUK and US have bouys on a line attatched to them, or some other way of pulling them back up to the surface after they've sunk? It seems pretty bad for the water quality if they leave cars full of gas and oil in them on the bottom of the lake.