[04x08] November 12th, 2013

[04x08] November 12th, 2013

• Total voters
Nice idea in concept, but poorly executed. The challenge to see whose car got the most pictures taken didn't seem very accurate, as they admittedly just guessed. The drag race seemed promising, but I think an actual quarter mile drag would have been a lot cooler than a 0-60. The standing mile race really had no concept of speed. Didn't even give us a good look at their speedometers. And the final challenge with the Stig was just plain stupid. I wasn't even sure who actually won that.

Was hoping Tanner's run in the SLS would be more entertaining, but it was just a bunch of bland shots of him going down switchbacks. Was hoping to see some massive drifts in the rain, but not so much.

We can probably all agree that the Saleen was the best car there though, right?

Was hoping Tanner's run in the SLS would be more entertaining, but it was just a bunch of bland shots of him going down switchbacks. Was hoping to see some massive drifts in the rain, but not so much.

Tanner was trying to go 10 miles in under 10 minutes. Drifting would have slowed him down. However, the coverage of the race was bad.

I think the Saleen S7 was probably the only realistic choice as an "American Supercar" though I would have brought the twin turbo version. As for the others? Ummmm one British and the other a rich mans track car? Why not a Viper? Ford GT? Corvette? SSC Ultimate Aero? Hennessy Venom?

Personally I cant wait to see a Falcon F7 or SSC Tuatara
830351_459295897471067_1197485888_o.jpg

6094103668_7bcd036fbe_o.jpg

Last edited:
Solid ep for the mostly car review vs. screwing around format. It was nice to see someone drive a SLS competently rather than just burn the tires off. I rather wish they'd used a Ford GT rather than the Rossion, as it likely would have won everything without trying very hard. Perhaps that's the reason.

Not sure why they didn't mention SSC.

- - - Updated - - -

Ummmm one British

The Rossion is pretty much entirely built in Florida, has a Ford Duratec in the back, and the rest is mostly Mustang and Focus bits. It's fair to call it American made in all respects-- more so than Jezza implying the GT40 was built by the Brits, anyway.

What should have disqualified the Rossion, though, is that they're sold without an engine/gearbox and need to be registered as a kit car.

Last edited:
Massively disappointing! The Vector W8 only got a minute or so of footage and Rutledge basically just read from the Wikipedia of the car.

My rating dropped to 6 as soon as the Veyron was called a Veyron Supersport. And from that on it didn't relly recover, which is sad because they were on such a good run with the second half of season 3 and the beginning of season 4. The last 2-3 episodes however have been rather meh though.

Huh, while I don't think this is their best all around episode I thought it was awesome to see all of those cars in one episode. I quite enjoyed it.

So-so episode. Once again my biggest beef, is the terrible challenges. The footage was okay, music was good, they were funny, and it was entertaining. Finally, why pick those cars? Of all the choices they had, why those?

The race between US vs Eur was pointless. They should have let the stig make a run in all six cars and then score them, though I imagine not a single American car would have won. The pictures taken... How lazy do you have to be to not write down every time someone takes a picture?

I mean you can't really let adam drive the merc at the end of the series, but do they have to make it so obvious they are letting him win?

By coincidence, this week's Fifth Gear had a segment on the 1000 hp Mustang. While it's not a great looking car, I was more impressed with that segment than anything in this TG episode. 5 out of 10.

Huh, while I don't think this is their best all around episode I thought it was awesome to see all of those cars in one episode. I quite enjoyed it.
Same here, it was filled with cars we rarely or never get to see.

The camera work did seem off this week. Everything at the Honda proving ground was rough and not well planned out. The final film looked great for the most part. That yellow merc on pitch black asphalt looked amazing.

The photo op on Rodeo looked legit, that is what pretty much all the tourists do there. Well, legit until Adam's bit...and of course the actual counting.

Overall I liked it.

Same here, it was filled with cars we rarely or never get to see.

The camera work did seem off this week. Everything at the Honda proving ground was rough and not well planned out. The final film looked great for the most part. That yellow merc on pitch black asphalt looked amazing.

The photo op on Rodeo looked legit, that is what pretty much all the tourists do there. Well, legit until Adam's bit...and of course the actual counting.

Overall I liked it.

Same for me.

They ruined what could have been a genuinely great episode. This show is definitely taking a nosedive.

The Europe vs US competition was bullshit. The pairing was all wrong, Tanner (the only decent driver) raced the slowest European car against the quickest car from the US. Now, I get that they had to go "yaay, 'murica" at some point with those cars, but that was a weird way to do it.

IMO, it should have been :
Saleen vs Aventador
Rossion vs 911 GT3
(that other topless car) vs Ariel atom v8

The 10 minute 10 mile segment was stupid as well. On a closed section of the road which was that smooth and that wide, I could (EFFORTLESSLY) do 10 minute, 10 miles on my 200 Duke. You don't need a SLS for that.

Last edited:
I really like the fact they no longer have a test track. The mothership rarely does road reviews of cars any more, it is almost all on the test track.