zenon

00:43 - 01:11 - Nada Surf - Paper Boats
03:25 - 03:39 - Orbital - Transient
03:56 - 04:33 - Nada Surf - Mother's Day
35:21 - 35:57 - Shapeshifters - Lola's Theme
36:27 - 36:48 - Massive Attack - Be Thankful For What You've Got
37:29 - 38:22 - Scissor Sisters - Comfortably Numb
38:25 - 39:05 - Grace Jones vs Funkstar Deluxe - Pull up to the Bumper
39:09 - 39:32 - Aimee Mann - What the World Needs Now ?
40:03 - 40:41 - Jamiroquai - Black Capricorn Day
41:21 - 42:33 - Juno Reactor vs. Don Davis - Mona Lisa
49:58 - 50:30 - The Dust Brothers - What is Fight Club?
50:32 - 50:48 - Prokofiev - Troika
52:58 - 53:29 - Four Tet - As Serious as Your Life
54:06 - 54:47 - Rob Duncan - The Final Fight

found by going to: www.extrememusic.com.

Last edited by a moderator:
35:27-35:57 - Shapeshifters - Lola's Theme
38:25 - 39:05 - Grace Jones vs Funkstar Deluxe - Pull up to the Bumper

Um, he's not trying to be funny. :|

Coddington is creating clips of all the requested songs so that people can easily download it and listen to it rather than finding or downloading the episode and flipping through it. If anything, you should be on your knees thanking him. :p

that didnt help me, i can simply play a film myself, but the point is to knew the title of the song, not to download alternative mp3 :|

AML said:
that didnt help me, i can simply play a film myself, but the point is to knew the title of the song, not to download alternative mp3 :|
I'll be a bit more blunt here then. He didn't put the song up for you. You obviously can't identify the song yourself, so he put the clip up for every other person on the forum so that they can help you.

Say someone doesn't have this episode, yet is quite good at identifying songs. For them to be able to help you out they will have to go out and download this entire episode just to hear the one clip. That is obviously quite a bit of work and bandwidth just to help you out in identifying one song. With the amazing work Coddingdon had done, they would just have to click on the link to that MP3 clip, listen to the song and then try to help you out.

I'm not sure if it is just that you don't understand the system or that you are very ungrateful, but if you think about it hard you'll realize this is helping you out a tonne.

aha, so that is going on, i didnt knew that this track is only for help, sorry, my mistake, now can we proceed to searching this 54:06 - 54:47, i'll be very greatfull

The X-Type music sounds like its from a film around the time the clip came out time guessing. I looked at the First letter on the plate as that corisponds to the year the car was registered. It is and X which is for 2000. So im guessing to check film scores for big budget films that came out in 2000. Films with epic sounding scores.

Hey, can someone please help me by telling me what is the song that the stig plays when he's driving in the CL65?

Tsubasa_mage said:
Hey, can someone please help me by telling me what is the song that the stig plays when he's driving in the CL65?

Top Gear 2004 series four -9
-- July 25 -- Alannah Myles - Black Velvet

Check the "other song requests" thread for the entire list of the stig's music

DOes anyone have any idea on the track starting from 36:50, when Richard and James meet the shephard? It's lyrics (not featured in the actual clip used in the Top Gear episode) go like "And I should know what I know... err... but I don't?" in a really dumb voice :)

Just an idea... You can put that text on google, followed by lyrics...

and you can correct yourself with the "edit" button. ;)

bihus said:
Just an idea... You can put that text on google, followed by lyrics...

Yes, except since this single line is all the "lyrics" this tune has, I doubt it's featured in any lyrics archive... So I'm still looking for help.

bihus said:
and you can correct yourself with the "edit" button. ;)

never noticed that one :oops: