[04x09] July 25th, 2004

oh thats how he gets them...i'm at 50%...waiting waiting..oh 51%...uploaded like 200 MB and DLed 150 MB -_-

Next week's ep is the tenth one in this series, so its probably going to be the last ep in a while

I wonder what JC has to say about the C6 Vette since he leaves it last. I have a feeling that he is going to like it, bar the interior.

Can't wait to see the C6 on their track... Do you guys think it'll beat the CL65? I'd think so myself, but we'll see..

this ep is GAAAAY!! any other info on the next ep other than the C6?

i think they should devote some time to the stig.
all the guests talk about how cool he is, but he
gets less than 1 min of time per show...sucks i
think. give him more stuff to do =]

Long time lurker, first time poster...

Does anyone else find it intersting that Ben Collins, often rumored to be the new white "fresh" Stig made the appearance on the whole parachuting into the car segment?

Seems kind of funny to me. Not sure if they are hinting that he is, or that he isnt the Stig...:?:...but i still found it interesting none the less.

I liked the episode actually. The guest was just awsome. I felt bad about his wife though , they knew eachother for so long.

I really cant wait for the C6. Ive talked to a few dealership owners who have actually driven the car and they said its handeling is slightly better then the current Z06 but the ride quality has been made more comfortable. Aside from the interior and some of the styling (ive read some euro reviews that made statements that the new headlamps are too 360'ish) I think JC will give it a good review.... not an overwhelming review but a good one. I think the late review is a timing issue as there havent been any real reviews of the car yet.

Loved the X Type review as well. Ive already made my mind up for getting the MR Evo as soon as they hit the US dealers but that piece did get me thinking about winter traction in an STi or Evo vs something like the X Type or an Audi (with proper tires of course). It seems that the X Type with its "simple" AWD system did a good job and I was curious how the Evo with its space shuttle technology AWD system and high pitched engine would stack up.

I think Jeremy hates the car, he never liked corvettes "Only go fast in a straight line", but I wouldn't be surpised either when he's excited about it, he is a person who admits it if he's wrong.

Likwid, as the Evo and WRX are used as rallycars (Sweden also) I think the traction on ice/snow will be at least as good as an X-type...It obviously depends on the tyres you're using, but that seems to me as a major switch you're making....from "rally/streetracing" EVO or WRX to "Comfortable cruiser" X-type or Audi (A4)...

The down-side to the STI in winter driving is the fact that you can't seem to minus-size the tires (narrower tires, smaller diameter rim) very well, because of the size of the front brake calipers (I suspect the EVO might have the same problem).
This is a minor downside though, even with wider tires and a larger diameter rim than you'd normally want to drive in the winter, the STI still behaves very well (provided you have the right tires).

I'm really kind of surprised Jeremy didn't mention tires, considering that's THE most important part.
The stock tires on the STI for example, are awful in the snow. The manual mentions four, five times that you cannot drive them in the snow, and believe me, they are horrible even in a little bit of a hint of snow.

Personally I bought a set of dedicated winter rims (Compomotive TH3) and tires (Nokian WR) that seem to work very well.

Thats what got me thinking was the Jag was running stock tires and was doing very well.

As for the Evo I do plan to run basic steel rims in the winter or if I cant find them cheap rims. I ran Semprit 50 series winter tires on the Z24 this winter and must admit they were wonderful for the width and kind of surprised me. Those Germans can do anything... even wide winter tires ;) :D

Ive converted the show to SVCD to run it over to my parents house. They have been looking for a nice AWD car and I think the Jag fits the bill for them.

One question.... Ive heard the Mondeo name several times with the Car and the Noble's engine.... can someone tell me if in fact the Mondeo was known as the Tarus in the US?

The mondeo is a ford contour in the us.
There will have to be more than one more episode because they still have the test the Ferrari 612

Contour SVT representin. I really wish they would have tested my car on the show , but it got no publicity even when it was out.

me thinks...the jag got a good review cuz its british, plenty of cars with good traction in snow, if i recall correctly the evo before the MR had an option for the snow, so the MR should have it too. Hell i drive rwd in snow.. :D who wants awd? :p

unless they changed the interior of the C6 (assuming that's the car), they are going to rip into the interior...all chessy looking plastic...