[04x09] July 25th, 2004

logo said:
Hell i drive rwd in snow.. :D who wants awd? :p

1994 Z28 LT1.... that was the reason I left RWD for the winter. I have never been scared driving in snow ever until I took that car out in a light dusting. 2 miles was more then enough to convince me the Z28 was having a home in the garage until spring :D

^^ Same here, I got caught out in my 93 Firebird Formula with Bridgestone S-03 tires on them in a light dusting once too.
People were honking and such because I wasn't able to get going at all on level ground at a stop sign. :shock:
I drove home at about 25mph and even at that speed it was "extremely unpleasant", especially on a big hill with a corner in it.

ESPNSTI said:
^^ Same here, I got caught out in my 93 Firebird Formula with Bridgestone S-03 tires on them in a light dusting once too.
People were honking and such because I wasn't able to get going at all on level ground at a stop sign. :shock:
I drove home at about 25mph and even at that speed it was "extremely unpleasant", especially on a big hill with a corner in it.
And that was because of RWD? Nothing to do with trying to drive with high-performance summer tires on snow??? With S-03's, I'd expect a car to slide downhill on snow even if the parking brake is on.

I drove my RX-8 all winter, here in Ottawa where "dusting" is something you do inside your house, and I had no problems at all. Of course, I use winter tires in the winter and summer tires in the summer.

Mouse said:
And that was because of RWD? Nothing to do with trying to drive with high-performance summer tires on snow??? With S-03's, I'd expect a car to slide downhill on snow even if the parking brake is on.
Sssst! Of course I know that, it just seemed more dramatic that way :lol: .

The reason that I was driving on summer tires was that it was practically still summer! (It was a sudden freak weather change).
Regardless of that I've heard plenty of people mention that new style Camaros and Firebirds are terrible in the winter.

Anyways, the main reason I want AWD in the winter is so that I don't have to feather the throttle :mrgreen: .

I was running winter tires.... Blizak (sp?). It had no traction at all even starting in 2nd -4th it still wouldnt go. On the plus side if I was interested in driving sideways like a crab then this was the car to do it in and the other plus were the brakes. It wouldnt go for crap in the snow but it would stop like a champ.

hmm.. this episode kinda boring imo.. sif talk about convertibles!!
neways.. looking forward to the next episode.. C6 :D *drools*

it was kinda, meh. the SLK part wasnt that great and they didnt put it on the track, BOOOOO!!! :evil:

all in all with one last ep to go next sunday i think this has been a great season and cant complain overall. even if there was one not so great ep and EVEN if the last ep is a snooze.

i was talking about Top Gear, not 5th Gear. :wink:

which season was better than this one?

i know that was weird. the whole cool board can be confusing, right at times, wrong others but its fun overall.

Tanner65 said:
They said the Ford GT was uncool! What's up with that?!

If its a cool , fast car odds are it will be under uncool.

Its a big game of 'you thought we were going to do A but we did B!' I really dont care about the cool wall.

The reason it's uncool is because of the people that own them... thats why they said that right before doing the uncool thing. Should be sub zero but I guess since its out of the reach of everyone except 28 people and the only ones that own them are stiff executives that probably don't even know how to drive.

justin syder said:
i was talking about Top Gear, not 5th Gear. :wink:

which season was better than this one?

I was talking about TG too :roll:

5G season wasn't that bad

I'm in agreement on the cool wall. Of course, they called my 3-series uncool, so I'm biased. :)

As for the guy who asked about the 'wintry' music, the only thing I could figure out was that it's something classical. There's nothing but orchestral instruments. Not a lot of help, but hey, it's something.

just wondering...who said it's going to be teh C6?

he said a 6 litter vette, that could be from 1979 vette with a big ass engine...

Raider007 said:
just wondering...who said it's going to be teh C6?

he said a 6 litter vette, that could be from 1979 vette with a big ass engine...

Impossible, current vette has a 5.7l (346 cid, ls1) v8, the new LS2 engine is 6 litres. The corvettes with the big blocks from the 60s/70s are 427 ci, 454 ci (7+ liter engines) and the small blocks are 350, 327, 302. Nothing in six liter form.

^^^ i never said it was a production car...
i said it could be a vette from like any generation with a motor swap...
they do have those...so no, it's not impossible...

my friends firebird has a 7.5 liter engine in it...doesn't mean it came stock that way...

It is going to be a pre production c6, the LS2 which is the six liter engine is brand new and no one has it yet to put into old cars. We've barely seen the dyno graphs... I'm %100 sure it isn't some old bored out to six liters small block.. it just isn't. They wouldn't have it on the show... Hell I've never even seen a c5 on there but I know Jeremy has driven them.