03:34 - 04:15 - Ian Brown - Solarized
04:39 - 05:19 - Ian Brown - Solarized
05:23 - 06:03 - Van Hunt - Seconds of Pleasure
06:05 - 07:39 - Ian Brown - Happy Ever After
07:40 - 08:19 - Ian Brown - One Way Ticket to Paradise
08:19 - 08:51 - Katherine Jenkins - Vide Cor Meum
08:53 - 09:06 - Ian Brown - One Way Ticket to Paradise

The Stig?s Lap:
09:49 - 09:56 - Ace - How Long (Has This Been Going On)
10:13 - 10:18 - Ace - How Long (Has This Been Going On)

James Dean?s Lotus:
12:59 - 13:10 - Billy May - Man with a Golden Arm
13:23 - 13:41 - Billy May - Man with a Golden Arm
13:49 - 14:27 - Asa-Chang & Junray - Hana
14:37 - 14:57 - Willie Bobo - Trinidad

Vauxhall, Chrysler & Jaguar Shootout, Pt. 1:
25:21 - 25:37 - Groove Armada - Madder
25:37 - 26:20 - I Monster - Stobart?s Blues
26:30 - 26:43 - Deep Dish - Flashdance (Raul Rincon Remix)
26:50 - 27:25 - Dark Globe - Feed
27:56 - 28:22 - Rob Dougan - Left Me For Dead (Instrumental)
28:22 - 28:49 - Primal Scream - If They Move, Kill ?Em
28:55 - 29:02 - Primal Scream - If They Move, Kill ?Em
29:32 - 30:11 - Rob Dougan - Left Me For Dead (Instrumental)
30:19 - 30:37 - Massive Attack - I Am Home
30:40 - 31:26 - Rob Dougan - Left Me For Dead (Instrumental)
31:27 - 32:02 - Samuel Barber - Agnus Dei, Op. 11 Adagio for Strings
32:02 - 33:36 - Curve - Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus
33:42 - 34:01 - Curve - Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus

Ice Cream Van Jump:
44:33 - 44:47 - The Finn Brothers - Edible Flowers
45:06 - 45:43 - Barry Adamson - Can?t Get Loose
45:46 - 46:25 - Jon Spencer Blues Explosion - Rivals

Vauxhall, Chrysler & Jaguar Shootout, Pt. 2:
48:15 - 48:51 - Craig Armstrong - Ruby
48:51 - 49:16 - Curve - Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus
49:17 - 49:35 - The Cinematic Orchestra - Dawn
50:07 - 51:01 - Curve - Missing Link
51:01 - 51:24 - Rob Dougan - I'm Not Driving Anymore (Instrumental)
51:31 - 52:24 - Death in Vegas - Death Threat
52:24 - 53:20 - Meat Beat Manifesto - 10 X Faster than the Speed of Love
53:20 - 53:47 - Craig Armstrong - Ruby
55:38 - 55:54 - Craig Armstrong - Rebecca
55:54 - 56:28 - Curve - Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus

found by going to: www.extrememusic.com.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup the 911 song bit is definetly one that I'm sure we'd all like to know. Wish Top Gear and 5th Gear would post a music credits.

HELP! :p

I'm looking for 2 songs in this episode.

1. The song starts at 31:30 when the cars are on the beach
2. At 32:04 when the military plane comes to deliver the Jaguar

Can anybody help me?

Thank you in advance :wink:

Re: TG - October 24th, 2004

Re: TG - October 24th, 2004

zenon said:
06:22 - 08:19 - Ian Brown - One Way Ticket to Paradise
This song has finally been identified! All thanks to MXM who identified it in the December 13th episode of Fifth Gear!

Nice work MXM! :mrgreen:

Lets keep discussions of the song to here, but Captain Morgan is right: the Ian Brown's 'One Way Ticket to Paradise' is in the segment, but there is atleast one other song mixed in to it as well. I'm currently listening to the segment over and over tyring to figure this out. Hopefully I'll have something by the end of the night. :)

zenon said:
Lets keep discussions of the song to here, but Captain Morgan is right: the Ian Brown's 'One Way Ticket to Paradise' is in the segment, but there is atleast one other song mixed in to it as well. I'm currently listening to the segment over and over tyring to figure this out. Hopefully I'll have something by the end of the night. :)

Np, I initially posted in the episode discussion because that's where most of the comments surrounding the "find" was. I'll post here if I find anything else.

I've got the times split up now between the two songs. Atleast we have half of it identified. :p

Downloaded whole album. It's pretty good actually.
One other song that is in that review is Hapily Ever After from same album (Solarized). It begins at 06:50, than it mixes into "ticket to paradise", while JC talks about greatness of Carrera S :)

I was in the process of downloading the whole thing... beat me to it. :mrgreen:

zenon said:

If you do find or make same instrumental thingie like the one from the TG, please PM me :wink:

It's a combination of (instrumental bits from) One Way Ticket to Paradise, and Happy Ever After. If you want it, you'll have to mix it yourself. :p

SPG900 said:
If you want it, you'll have to mix it yourself. :p

cursin.gif

But, it looks like we have a winner. I'll go find a copy of this song...

ADDED: I really agree with the UK review of Ian Brown's album which said that the vocals ruined "One Way Ticket to Paradise." Anyone with remixing equipment want to give this one a shot?

Ok, I've started work on an extended version of BOTH songs. Wish me luck... :|

EDIT: It's not working. Stupid Nero won't let me save anything to even 128kbps, to say nothing of going higher than that. Quality sucks ass. Someone else is going to have to do this. :evil:

Captain Morgan said:
I really agree with the UK review of Ian Brown's album which said that the vocals ruined "One Way Ticket to Paradise."

Now that I listened to this album couple of times, I agree. At first it sounded interesting and original, but now vocals are a little annoying :|

I take it none of you guys are Stone Roses fans then? I absolutely love the song with the vocals and wouldn't want it any other way. Everytime I hear Ian Brown's voice I get transported back to the glorious day when I first heard the Stone Roses. :mrgreen:

I'm not a big Stone Roses fan, but lately I've been listening to a lot of indie music and much to my initial horror I found myself enjoying Stone Roses. I've liked a lot of Ian Brown's recent work though tbh, he does a lot of clever work, like FEAR. He also reminds me of my first Leeds Festival experience where people were going around with MR BROWN on their necks or something silly, to commemorate his latest video at the time.

Bump! :)

3:37-4:15: Ian Brown - Solarized

Anyone figure out 33:04 yet? (When the Jag drives off the plane, and when the Monaro does its 'victory lap')

** Man what is Ian Brown's problem? lol. The instrumentals for 'One Way Ticket To Paradise' and most of the other tracks on that album are awesome... and the vocals ruin every single song! 'Happy Ever After' is great, but too short. Bah, wasted potential. I've been meaning to try to mix together some combination, but a lot of the good parts have vocals over-lapping.