[05x02] October 31st, 2004

the more the merrier :D :D c'mon guys :)

haz

I'm putting out 50kb\sec upload... I think we need some more seeders though. We're splitting 150kb\sec between 130 people right now. :( Come on Sith, we need you!

ah, nice mate :)

haz

zenon said:
We're splitting 150kb\sec between 130 people right now. :(
Great thing about the BT protocol tho is that when I upload a piece to Person A, they can upload it to others and I don't have to send that piece to everyone. So, theoretically everyone could be able to download at 150KB/sec minus those who just got on and are downloading all of the parts we've already uploaded off other people.

Problem is that there are bandwidth hole - those who download more than they upload.

2 seeds, 203 peers BTW. :lol:

coming strongly at 30 - 35 KB. Noticed some funny thing, i'm connected to a 100 peers and 22 (23 inc. me) is from Finland, so pretty good efford from the small population country :) .

JMM said:
coming strongly at 30 - 35 KB. Noticed some funny thing, i'm connected to a 100 peers and 22 (23 inc. me) is from Finland, so pretty good efford from the small population country :) .
What's your connection's max download speed? Connecting to too many people can perhaps slow down your download speed.

JMM said:

I'll up the number to 24 since I just hopped in...

Slow at first, but now I'm getting steady 140+ KB download. Uploading at ~70

no one seems to want to leech from me :(
i'm only uploading at 4k, and i have my bandwidth wide open...
maybe when i switch to seeder it'll change...
please...someone take my bandwidth...i'm willing to share

It's good to hear people are getting decent speeds. :) BitTorrent is a great piece of software for doing things like this. We're at 2 seeds and nearly 250 peers right now. :shock: The cult of Top Gear is growing. :D :lol:

My 56k download the show in 12 minutes. That was a nice episode. Mmm wait no I haven't downloaded it yet.

I just started the download on my desktop back in my dorm room, which is connected to the enormous (several _terabit_ per second) MIT pipe.

I'll try to keep seeding until late tonight.

Viper007Bond said:
What's your connection's max download speed? Connecting to too many people can perhaps slow down your download speed.

My max DL speed was actually raised this weekend from 1M to 2M, I think the reason for slow download is that i'm connected only to a 100 seeds/peers and they can't provide me more speed, but that's OK i'm in no hurry :) .

^^ Nice! Sounds like you could hit some pretty ridiculous upload speeds. Welcome by the way. :D

JMM said:
Viper007Bond said:

My max DL speed was actually raised this weekend from 1M to 2M, I think the reason for slow download is that i'm connected only to a 100 seeds/peers and they can't provide me more speed, but that's OK i'm in no hurry :) .
Ah, okay, good. :) I'm still trying to find the optimum connection limit for my connection. I'm on 1.5mbit/896k and I have it set to 50/torrent max, 150 total max.

On a side note, a third seed, jinmin803, just hoped on as we passed the 300 peer mark. :shock:

thanks zenon for the welcoming

i had a huge problems with a router and it didn't let me write anything here, all I got was "this page contains no data" error. Turned out that it was broken, but now i have a new one and it's working greatly.