[05x05] November 21st, 2004

Well, at least spell his name right ;) :p

also correct the time for the scorpion's. It might not be a good song, but I'm sure it's not so bad that it's actually -10mins long :p

Well, on Jimi Hendrix's Electric Lady, there is a track titled Voodoo Chile (track 4) as well as a track called Voodoo Child (Slight Return) (track 16). As far as I can tell, the clip played in Top Gear is the later track (Child).

The 'Chile' track was about 15 minutes long and took up nearly the entire first side of the Electric Lady LP. :p The 'Child' track was around 5 minutes and is the more common version of the song. No one really knows why Hendrix ended one with an 'e' and the other with a 'd'.

Edit: I just saw your post and realized what I did Overheat. :shock: I'm really disapointed with myself! :oops: That's pratically as bad as saying 'Loo-ee' Armstrong instead of 'Loo-is' Armstrong! ... Excuse me while I go shoot myself in the mouth.

lmao zenon! :D

It's ok really, somtimes I get mixed up with the spellings of the great guitarist gods too. Esp the Jims' :D (damn u mr led zep ;))

Clapton was in Derek & The Dominos. So of course it's on the Clapton box set. :wink:

Why the hell didn't I get that one! :shock: Didn't even realise there was a Bjork song in there. Oh well.

*disappointed at self*

(awesome song btw)

Yeah I was really surprised no one got that yet. Great song and a great album.

328DTM said:
Has anyone figured out what the song is from 3:17-3:50 when the Morgan's being driven?
Nope. Once it is identified it will be put up in the list on the first page of this thread.

It's one of only a few unanswered songs for this episode though. With how fast we've answered the others it hopefully won't take too long. Everyone keep their ears out looking. :)

Umm, sorry to be such a nitpick but I beg to differ from the DJ Ti?sto version of the Adagio for Strings. You see, I adore the Ti?sto-version of it but I think that's not the exact one in the episode (altough better than the one that there is). Ti?sto has much harder samples and sort of "doubled" theme going on whereas the episode version doesn't.

I offer William Orbit - Strings for Adagio (at least that's the id3 tag I've got it in) as the exact one.

No, by all means, we want the exact song that played. :)

The music that plays at 18:06 is from "Gladiator"

The last two weeks during the skateboard race and the Discovery hill climb they played music from "The Lord of the Rings"

I can find the exact tracks if it is pertinent :wink:

I psoted this in the episode discussion, so I feel guilty bringing it up, but I'm really curious about the 16:50 song, just because I swear I've heard it before, but I just can't place it.

Overheat said:
Why the hell didn't I get that one! :shock: Didn't even realise there was a Bjork song in there. Oh well.

*disappointed at self*

(awesome song btw)
Actually, there's another: "Hyper-Ballad" off of the album "Post". I'm not working from the Viper rip, but, from the start of the episode, it's 54:00 (Sabine: "Micheal Schumacher from Britain") to 55:00 (Jeremy: "Break, then break again after the hill").

This is a great idea to put it in one topic :)
Much easier to find it.
But I'm slightly desperate now, since the only song unknown still still is the one from Jeremy doing his lap in 9.59 :(
doen't anybody know it?

46:30

46:30

how about 46:30, jeremy's first solo lap.... that song has a great beat!

ESPNSTI said:
Didn't a lot of people do Layla (the slut :lol: ), I thought Eric Clapton did a version too.

Hehe, well Eric Clapton played in Derek and the Dominoes, Cream, and of course, Eric Clapton.

It's by technicality his song, so he can do whatever he wants with it.

Lots of great music in this episode.

Yeah, I'm back now.