[05x06] July 8th, 2014

• Total voters

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Please stay on-topic. :)

Extremely rare 10. Thought the concept was going to suck, but it was quite good. Lots of fun little moments between the hosts, too.

Back to the old I win a challenge, you win a challenge but instead of some ridiculous Tanner gets the prize at the end it finished with a Pikes peak run which was reasonably good minus the dub step which I think makes it an 8 rather then a 6 or a 7.
I couldn't help but ponder the better cars they could haven chosen instead the Ferrari FF, BMW M5, Range Rover Sport...

Good episode. Could have done more with Pikes Peak challenge.

In 2013 Simon Pagenaud took a 550bhp Odyssey up the hill

This is what we have been missing from season 2 and 3 where it hit it's stride. No outright winner and no placed gags. All genuine challenges. Hopefully they saved the best for the next half of the season if it's anything like this. Great watch.

Bravo! Is all I can say... Great Episode, Pikes Peak was very interesting, perhaps the best race yet!

Great episode! I really wish we didn't get commercial breaks/recap in the middle of the Pikes Peak race. That would have been epic as a standalone segment from start to finish. Biggest issue with american broadcasts. Even watching the torrent with no commercials, it breaks the pacing because they end up doing a recap after each commercial.

I did have a good laugh at the robotic baby spitting out cheerios at Tanner.

One of my biggest regrets from living in CO is that I never drove up Pikes Peak. I'll have to go back.

Great episode! I really wish we didn't get commercial breaks/recap in the middle of the Pikes Peak race. That would have been epic as a standalone segment from start to finish. Biggest issue with american broadcasts. Even watching the torrent with no commercials, it breaks the pacing because they end up doing a recap after each commercial.

I did have a good laugh at the robotic baby spitting out cheerios at Tanner.

One of my biggest regrets from living in CO is that I never drove up Pikes Peak. I'll have to go back.

Happily, they cut all that crap out on the DVDs. The episodes lose another 2 minutes but it flows MUCH better.

That was really a great episode, and shows that there might still be hope... The puking baby was hilarious too

Great episode, I am disappointed with the van overall. The guy that did it should have realized that 1029 is way too much power for FWD, especially with that weight. It should have been RWD or AWD. It was also obvious that Rut was either driving it wrong, or being overly cautious.

Last edited:
Could also be that the van was de-tuned for the show... owner might not have trusted Rut with all that power.

Alternatively, power claims could have been grossly exaggerated (more likely)

Great episode, I am disappointed with the van overall. The guy that did it should have realized that 700 is way too much power for FWD, especially with that weight. It should have been RWD or AWD. It was also obvious that Rut was either driving it wrong, or being overly cautious.

I imagine it's a combination of all the above. Rut knew that it had too much power for the drivetrain and chassis, and he also probably knew how expensive that thing was, which made him even more cautious.

Great episode, 9/10 easily. I get that they have to mock each others cars, but at least saying something nice would have been welcome, that Merc is awesome.

Loved the episode - plus the "classic Adam" when he busted his tire with a knife. LOL'd at that!

- - - Updated - - -

When they introduced the topic I thought "FF" but not the right car I realized! Then I would have chosen maybe an X5M.