[05x08] December 19th, 2004

24:04 - 24:40 Nine Inch Nails - at the heart of it all

track 7 on Nine Inch Nails - 1995 Further Down The Spiral

Hey

Who knows what the song at this time is

12:40 - 14:13

?

I would love to know the song that starts at about 10:00. It sounds a lot like Zero 7, but not quite. Sounds like a cool song to me.

I'd really love to know what the track is that plays before and after the bobsleigh run. Here are the time positions for it:

25:29 - 26:37
That's "Speed Me Towards Death - Instrumental" by Rob D(ougan)

If anyone here is proficient at sound editing and could reduce the speech and engine noises, someone in the UK could use the "2580" service and try and find out what the music is.

There's a company in the UK that runs a service where if you hear a piece of music that you like but aren't sure what it is, you dial 2580 on your mobile phone, hold it to the speaker for ~20 seconds and, if it recognises the music, it sends you a text message telling you the song and artist.

It actually works very well but the trouble with Top Gear is that you don't often get 20 seconds of music without dialogue or engine noise ;)

^ We have it in Canada now too. Atleast we do in Vancouver with the Fido network. I haven't tried it yet but it sounds interesting.

I think if I ever try it, it will be to try to prove that I know songs that it doesn't. :p :music:

yea after 10:00 definately Edge Hill by Groove Armada, great song!!

anybody know the song that plays at 6:19 - 7:07? please tell me, i'll be very greatfull :unsure:

the 12:40 - 14:13 was also in a movie called layer cake. If anyone wants to find out th name of the song go check the OST of the movie its probably there.

Thanatos said:
the 12:40 - 14:13 was also in a movie called layer cake. If anyone wants to find out th name of the song go check the OST of the movie its probably there.

Here's the soundtrack listing for Layer Cake, I haven't seen it yet:

1. Hayling - FC Kahuna
2. Opening - Ilan Eshkeri
3. She Sells Sanctuary - The Cult
4. Can't Get Blue Monday Out Of My Head - Kylie Minogue/Ulterior Motive
5. You Got The Love - The Source (featuring Candi Staton)
6. Drive to Boatyard - Ilan Eshkeri
7. Junky Fight - Lisa Gerrard
8. Making Plans for Nigel - XTC
9. Ordinary World - Duran Duran
10. Ruthless Gravity - Craig Armstrong
11. Four To The Floor (Soulsavers mix) - Starsailor
12. Drive To Warehouse - Lisa Gerrard/Ilan Eshkeri
13. Aria - Lisa Gerrard (with Michael Gambon)
14. Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood - Joe Cocker

The Doctor said:
If anyone here is proficient at sound editing and could reduce the speech and engine noises, someone in the UK could use the "2580" service and try and find out what the music is.

I went to college for audio production, but it's really hard to take out sounds and leave the msuic intact because the same frequncies will be removed from the music. It works best if the sounds are in a completely different range than the music, but stll, the music won't sound perfect afterwards.

It's track #6, Drive to Boatyard. Alas, it's only a 1:21 song, but remains exquisite even in its shortness, as some would describe Richard Hammond. How's that for a first post, eh? 8)

^^ Damn, that sounds like a good soundtrack! Joe Cocker, XTC, The Cult... :woot: I've never even heard of the movie, but I want to see it for the soundtrack alone.

Correction:

06:15 - 07:15 - The Doves - Seas Song
06:19 - 07:07 -

06:19 - 07:23 - Doves - Seas Song

08:31 - 08:50 (Jeremy playing music to drown-out noise) - Deep Blue Something - Breakfast at Tiffany's