[06x02] May 29th, 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
WARNING: 56K!

And what about a stylish coupe from Volvo?

No, it's not the Hideously Ugly 262 Coupe, no it's not the Ugly 480 and nor the Sexy C70.

Actually, is looks like just a merely 2-Door Saloon - but since it was designed by the Italian studio Bertone, so that makes it "Stylish".

The Volvo 780 - Based on the Volvo 740/760 Series, built from 1985 to 1990.

Volvo%20780%201985.jpg

Only 8.518 were made - It's a very rare car - Volvo's last Rear-Wheel-Drive Coupe.

JizJizJiz said:
patrick10 said:
sounds like a good episode on a good day. not only is it my b-day but i also graduate from high school :thumbsup: looking foreward to the mc12

Hey, where in Ohio are you? I graduated high school in Ohio :eek:.
in northern ohio like 30 min west of cleveland. my high school is elyria catholic. 6 days! :mrgreen:

After viewing last episode i'm pretty sure witch cars they choose.

Jeremy : Mitsubishi Starion
Hamster: BMW 6 series
James : Jaguar XJS

patrick10 said:
JizJizJiz said:
patrick10 said:
sounds like a good episode on a good day. not only is it my b-day but i also graduate from high school :thumbsup: looking foreward to the mc12

in northern ohio like 30 min west of cleveland. my high school is elyria catholic. 6 days! :mrgreen:

Ah. Elyria. I'm from Hudson.

Ultra_Kool_Dude said:
JizJizJiz said:
patrick10 said:

You mean you're both from earth! Holy shit! :shock:

Not many people in Ohio are into British television or cars that aren't from Detroit, period.

I just hope they don't skip June after this episode, like they did last year, supposedly they "ran out of money" or whatever. I wonder if they except paypal?? I'll help out the BBC. :D

porsche944T said:
I just hope they don't skip June after this episode, like they did last year, supposedly they "ran out of money" or whatever. I wonder if they except paypal?? I'll help out the BBC. :D

I think you'll find that they skipped June because of the Euro 2004 Football (Soccer) Championship. It's the largest football event in Europe with the exception of the World Cup. Like the World Cup it happens every 4 years although it is offset like the winter and summer Olympics are now.

Edit: Which means no big tournament this summer to mess up the TG schedule.

sounds like a good one! like all the rest hehe :p

There had better not be any other sports this summer getting in the way of top gear. Maybe the Aygo 5 aside football will have taken off by June, with full bbc coverage and knock top gear off the schedule :S. Though it would still be better than the Euro cup football.

Jack Dee should be a great laugh next week.

JizJizJiz said:
Ultra_Kool_Dude said:
JizJizJiz said:
patrick10 said:

You mean you're both from earth! Holy shit! :shock:

Not many people in Ohio are into British television or cars that aren't from Detroit, period.

Some of us are, though.

I was lucky enough to be in the audience for the this episode which was filmed on Wednesday, so I can tell you anything you want to know about the episode if that wouldn't be giving the game away too much...

The Maserati MC12 was the car the Stig got to take round the track, so I know what lap time it did!! ;)

The 3 coupes they buy was one of the funniest bits they have filmed, and I was in stitches...

Jack Dee was the star in a reasonably priced car, so I also know his lap time... The funniest bit was he actually had to get the stig to slow down as he was too scared!!!

dolfijn999 said:
After viewing last episode i'm pretty sure witch cars they choose.

Jeremy : Mitsubishi Starion
Hamster: BMW 6 series
James : Jaguar XJS

You are spot on!!

Hamster has the 635csi, and James May has a rather leaky V12 XJS, and you'll see what I mean on Sunday when I say leaky!!

Well, at least one car from my list got picked :p

btw - there will be no episode on June 5th because for some strange reason the BBC thinks that the general public will be more interested in watching the Euro 2005 Women's Football Championships - the plonkers! Good job they don't get paid for ratings at the beeb! lol

So no one interested to know whether the MC12 was quicker than the Enzo then, considering the MC12 is basically an Enzo with the Maserati body on? :D (A heavier body at that)

Who wants to watch women play soccer, its not like ronaldo and zedane are playing.... it'll be probably some unexperienced oldies playing uselessly, tacticlessly, patheticly, crazily....... To hell with championship.....

Status
Not open for further replies.