[06x03] June 12th, 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
bartboy9891 said:
Janus said:
i think i knew about 5 of stars before they were on top gear and Christopher Ecclestone is no exception. who is he?

Simon Cowell
Patrick Stewart
Christian Slater
Lionel Richie
Jordan
Jamie Oliver

thats it. 6 people. everyone else i had no idea who the hell they were, and most i still dont know.

I think you need to be in England to know who a majority of the people are. Most of them are from English T.V. shows and are household names over there.

Richard Whiteley ? Has hosted a very long running English game show called Count Down.
Johnny Vegas, Harry Enfield ? Both English comedians.
Jonathan Ross ? Hosts just about ever other bloody show in England.
Geri Halliwell ? Ex Ginger Spice
Tara Palmer-Tomkinson ? Ex celeb hottie and media whore.
Gordon Ramsey ? Famous chef.
Sir Cliff Richard ? VERY famous English singer.
Jodie Kidd ? Model and actually ONE HELL OF A DRIVER!
Jay Kay ? Lead singer of Jamiroquai and an avid collector of cars, although not a very good driver.
Ronnie O'Sullivan ? Snooker world champ.

They are just a few that I spotted and can remember.

Don't know if this has been said (I didn't see it when I read through the posts) but I'm guessing that the "splash" in the pool will be him driving the car into the pool that they briefly show in the "what's coming this season" segment of this seasons first episode. I'm also guessing that this will be some kind of homage to the rocker (whose name escapes me at this moment in time) who drove his Rolls Royce into a pool at a party.

Patrick Stewart (captian on Star Trek: Next Generation, and Professor X on Xmen the movie) was on TG once

Very good, but you must have somehow slipped over the Patrick Stewart bit in the first of your quotes??? Otherwise I really can't make any sense out of your post ;-)

Buba

andyhui01 said:
what about Carol Vonderman?.... I've seen her face before on some show but I forgot what

countdown? thats pretty much the only show she's on...

Buba said:
bartboy9891 said:
Janus said:
i think i knew about 5 of stars before they were on top gear and Christopher Ecclestone is no exception. who is he?

Simon Cowell
Patrick Stewart
Christian Slater
Lionel Richie
Jordan
Jamie Oliver

thats it. 6 people. everyone else i had no idea who the hell they were, and most i still dont know.

I think you need to be in England to know who a majority of the people are. Most of them are from English T.V. shows and are household names over there.

Richard Whiteley ? Has hosted a very long running English game show called Count Down.
Johnny Vegas, Harry Enfield ? Both English comedians.
Jonathan Ross ? Hosts just about ever other bloody show in England.
Geri Halliwell ? Ex Ginger Spice
Tara Palmer-Tomkinson ? Ex celeb hottie and media whore.
Gordon Ramsey ? Famous chef.
Sir Cliff Richard ? VERY famous English singer.
Jodie Kidd ? Model and actually ONE HELL OF A DRIVER!
Jay Kay ? Lead singer of Jamiroquai and an avid collector of cars, although not a very good driver.
Ronnie O'Sullivan ? Snooker world champ.

They are just a few that I spotted and can remember.

Don't know if this has been said (I didn't see it when I read through the posts) but I'm guessing that the "splash" in the pool will be him driving the car into the pool that they briefly show in the "what's coming this season" segment of this seasons first episode. I'm also guessing that this will be some kind of homage to the rocker (whose name escapes me at this moment in time) who drove his Rolls Royce into a pool at a party.

Patrick Stewart (captian on Star Trek: Next Generation, and Professor X on Xmen the movie) was on TG once

Very good, but you must have somehow slipped over the Patrick Stewart bit in the first of your quotes??? Otherwise I really can't make any sense out of your post ;-)

Buba
:lol: oops! How about Michael Gamblon(sp?) from Harry Potter

Explorerman said:
That Murano is quite a nice car. I prefer the Infinity version since it seems a little better put together than the Nissan version (I know, same company and all but Nissan has some QC issues that the Infinity division seems to have covered)
Yeah, but I think the ass of the Murano's nicer-looking. I have no idea why, but the Murano is one of the [very] few SUVs whose appearance I actually like. *shrug* No idea why.

Can't wait for the DB9 Volante. Can't wait to own one, either, but I suspect I'll have to.

Hmmm i hope TG isn't running out of steam :?

Slightly off topic but 3278 I love that song (Star Guitar)

Homer_SS said:
Hmmm i hope TG isn't running out of steam :?

Slightly off topic but 3278 I love that song (Star Guitar)

I don't think it's running out of steam at all. I was worried a bit at the end of last season when they talked about nothing being in the pipeline faster than the Enzo, and then early in the season the Maserati has already teared them down.

The challenges like the 1500 Porsche and others are good bits, though I could potentially see them getting old after awhile, but they'll be more enjoyable than the continued car vs. train/public transit races they're doing. I loved the DB9 vs. Train episode, and the Scaglietti vs. Airplane was interesting, albeit predictable. They are good, well executed segments, but I want something fresh and original, that's why I absolutely loved the 5 per side football challenge in the Aygos.

There's a lot of good cars to review and Top Gear will always make that fun and enjoyable. They may eventually run out of ideas for new and fresh segments, but Clarkson, May, and the Hamster never seem to get boring.

I've noticed a trend in the show since it started in 2002 to this season. They now have much less time devoted to the news or interacting in the studio, and all the pre-recorded stuff is much more elaborate than it used to be. It's not really a bad thing as I like most of the stuff they do off-location, but it's something that should be noted.

Considering the stig's effort in the Enzo and the effort in the MC12, it is fair to say that the enzo is at least as fast, or faster. When the stig drove the enzo, it wasnt immaculate, small slides occured, though they did with mc12 too, they were more frequent with enzo, so no matter how you put it, 0.1 of a second is really too close to say. If they rather would have redone the testtrack, or run the car for 2 laps at least, the differences would show.

I'm too much looking forward for tomorrow morning, when I'll wake up I'll be able to watch TG after 2 weeks! Guys, I'm getting addicted!

MixtriX said:
andyhui01 said:
what about Carol Vonderman?.... I've seen her face before on some show but I forgot what

She used to present How2 aswell!

There'll be a couple of people on here that used to watch it.... It was awesome!

Small complaint: it's Wiesmann, not Weismann. Not only is it spelt wrong on the TG site, Jeremy also pronounces it as Weismann throughout the review, writes Weisman or something on the lap board and then, oddly enough, gets the pronunciation more or less right just once at the end. Pretty careless.

mr_diss said:
MixtriX said:
andyhui01 said:

She used to present How2 aswell!

There'll be a couple of people on here that used to watch it.... It was awesome!

I'll pretend I don't know what you're on about :p

You do really :p.
And she's fit. For her age.

Good ep today, lots of laughs and good cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.