[06x03] June 12th, 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
CrazyCavia said:
As per Jeremy's instruction would all Dutch people please go to the following URL:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/driving_song/

And vote for the Golden Earring with Radar Love. Thank you.
I'm Belgian & not Dutch, but that would be close enough for any Brit, so I did a bit earlier.

I enjoyed this episode more than the last actually. Especially the final scene was absolutely superb & quite predictably something to come up at some point on Top Gear.

I am really looking forward to this episode. anyone got any knowlegde whereas when the torrent will be out?

tomorrow prolly ... where in Norway are you from?

haz

If you examine the previous threads, you'll see that it usually happens around midnight to 1am Eastern Time, 9 to 10 pm Pacific Time.

There is sometimes a 700MB torrent by another group, and it may or may not be earlier, but since it is larger, it might not finish any sooner for you anyway.

Upload started 30 minutes ago, 3 and a half hours left till the upload is finished :)

nice thanks for the update

FerrariEnzo said:
Considering the stig's effort in the Enzo and the effort in the MC12, it is fair to say that the enzo is at least as fast, or faster.
Not that you're biased or anything. :lol:

FerrariEnzo said:
If they rather would have redone the testtrack, or run the car for 2 laps at least, the differences would show.
I'm not sure what you mean by "run the car for 2 laps at least." To my knowledge, every car is run multiple laps so The Stig can familiarize himself with the car, and then the fastest lap is shown, just as is done with Star in a Reasonably Priced Car.

SPG900 said:
Small complaint: it's Wiesmann, not Weismann. Not only is it spelt wrong on the TG site, Jeremy also pronounces it as Weismann throughout the review, writes Weisman or something on the lap board and then, oddly enough, gets the pronunciation more or less right just once at the end. Pretty careless.
So far as I can tell, Jeremy's not actually particularly good at pronouncing a lot of foreign [to him] names, and he certainly can't spell whatsoever. I'm trying - but failing - to think of the other really noticeable time he's pronounced a car's brand completely wrong, over and over [and I'm not just speaking of regional variations].

The 700MB versions have a higher bitrate for both video and audio.

In the case of the video, there is only a minor difference, because the bitrate of the 350MB version is close to being enough.

In the case of the audio, the 700MB version is noticeably better - but that's aminor part of the file size difference.

You could make a 450MB file that was equivalent to the 700MB version (mainly because a lot of TG is just sitting in the chairs talking, which doesn't require a high bitrate).

bobzilla said:
People generally say the 700MB one isn't as high a quality. It's just not compressed as well.

I've never heard that.

I've heard "The 700MB isn't any better" and perhaps you remembered that.

It's certainly never been worse than the 350MB versions.

Here's a comparison of the two versions for the first episode of this season:

Top Gear - [06x01] - 2005.05.22.avi;AVI;5/23/2005;"XVID Mpeg-4";"16:9";512x288;Video bitrate=721;"Lame MP3;freq=44100;audio bitrate=92;

top.gear.s06e01.ws.pdtv.xvid-m00tv.avi;AVI;5/23/2005;"XVID Mpeg-4";"16:9";640x352;Video bitrate =1505;"Lame MP3";freq=48000;audio bitrate=121;

3278 said:
SPG900 said:
Small complaint: it's Wiesmann, not Weismann. Not only is it spelt wrong on the TG site, Jeremy also pronounces it as Weismann throughout the review, writes Weisman or something on the lap board and then, oddly enough, gets the pronunciation more or less right just once at the end. Pretty careless.
So far as I can tell, Jeremy's not actually particularly good at pronouncing a lot of foreign [to him] names, and he certainly can't spell whatsoever. I'm trying - but failing - to think of the other really noticeable time he's pronounced a car's brand completely wrong, over and over [and I'm not just speaking of regional variations].

Yeah. "Veryon" instead of Veyron, and his Murcielago is off im sure.

The best TG rips I've ever seen are the 350 MB versions of the Top Gear Xtra episodes from 2002-2003. They're better than the 700 MB ones I've seen. Whoever made those is pretty damn good.

GraemeH said:
Yeah. "Veryon" instead of Veyron, and his Murcielago is off im sure.
/That's/ it. I was thinking of his horrible butchering of Veyron. Not that he does "Tuareg" or "Paradua" very well, either, but that's semi-intentional. ;)

sweetride01 said:
I believe the 700mb version is just up. Why is it 700mb though? Excellent quality?
No, the 700mb version has boobies. 350mb boobies, to be exact.

Cruzz563 said:
Upload started 30 minutes ago, 3 and a half hours left till the upload is finished :)
Out of curiousity, upload /where?/ Isn't this being distributed via bittorrent?

Status
Not open for further replies.