[06x03] June 12th, 2005

The Cayman bit was great, the pool bit was too predictable. Great tests of the Wiesmann and the TVR.

The Maserati Bora segment was great, I had never heard of this car before, but I'm in love with it now!

that Maserati Bora is beautiful... and the V8 sound :woot: ... ok episode so far, but no episode so far in this season has got me laughing as much as the porsche segment from last series... well except for the guest from the last episode

and who was that guest in Gone in 60 seconds btw?... is it that raymond calitri guy?

Undisclosedpower said:
Did anyone else notice clarksons comment during the poll bit?

Jeremy: I know this program is watched in holland, they dont pay their... SNIP

Im asuming what he was going to say there was tv licence, maybe a refrence to all you people theifing our good quality TV!!! (Not that I care, the more people getting to watch Top gear, the better :)) Seems to me he doesn't mind :)

If you watch closely after the audience laughs after the drugs bit, Richard says "woops!", probably referring to Jemery mentioned the whole non-paying bit.

I thought this episode was the best so far this season. Really funny. Didn't bother to watch the guest right now though. All in all alot of fun.

marcos_eirik said:
DonPenguino said:
Ok, now I'm just plain confused. How exactly does one start the Tuscan 2?
Twist the key, then push the start button...

tIMG_0574.JPG

Twist the key.. where ?!

does anyone know the music they're playing at around 24min:0-30sec?

-x-

about the ep,
I think the hamster was a bit wrong about the DB9 Volante. After all, we don't like Astons because they are the best/fastest cars. Just look at all the videos when JC compares Astons with Ferraris! Yes, the Ferrari is a faster car, it has a better gearbox etc, but the AM 'wins your heart'. So I'd rather have the AM then the Merc or the Boxter or any other cabrio. :)

andyhui01 said:
and who was that guest in Gone in 60 seconds btw?... is it that raymond calitri guy?

Yeah that was him.

when jc is talking to dr who, they talk about him getting his license in jan 04, and how he's had it for 14months.

the show was taped back in february?

wouldn't it be cool if someone from the forum, quite a few live in the uk i guess, wore a shirt with finalgear.com on it and stood somewhere in the front? guess it would only be for the 8th or 9th season though.

downloaded hewrong thing, a f=file that has loads of unknown iles and a 1 min video from an episode!! :x :x :x :x :x :x

skulker said:
when jc is talking to dr who, they talk about him getting his license in jan 04, and how he's had it for 14months.

wouldn't it be cool if someone from the forum, quite a few live in the uk i guess, wore a shirt with finalgear.com on it and stood somewhere in the front? guess it would only be for the 8th or 9th season though.

They wouldn't allow that I think.

skulker said:

i always thought that the actual video segments are done way previously, but the studio parts are done much recently. probably only a week or two in advance...and also they have the guest and have them do their lap on the same day.

eMule

eMule

Regarding downloads, I'd just like to add that there is still a world beyond torrents...

I used to get torrents (using Azureus)...until anything invovling torrents mysteriously stopped working on my computer. I started trying Kazaa again, but it has been iffy for a while now, so then I went back to using eMule, which I did find pretty useless when I first tried it a year ago or so, but now there are a ton of people using it.

I've found more episodes of Top and Fifth Gear on eMule than I have using Kazaa and torrent programs combined. In fact, I've seen every episode now, which I used to think I wouldn't be able to. And as for new episodes, I can always expect to be able to start downloading late Sunday/early Monday and have it completed early Tuesday, if not sooner.

boafan said:
^why not??? now, we are just fan club... :shock:

Yeah but this way it's free advertising, what if you work for let's say IBM and want to do some promoting...

I think on the whole this was a good Episode...

Apart from the Rolls Royce thing at the end that was just cringeworthy and I hated it. :x
It was so obviously a complete set up with actors and JC (also acting).

To my mind, until now "Most" top gear segments have had at least a ring of truth and honesty about them, even the Smart Forfour on the beach with Hampster peeing in a bag...

But this was nothing more than a comedy sketch and not a very good one at that. [/rant]

Jostyrostelli said:
Yeah but this way it's free advertising, what if you work for let's say IBM and want to do some promoting...

ohh! I never thought of it that way.. well its still worth a shot. Man that would be so damn cool

GTV V6 - it was acting??? I was shocked when I looked at that guy who had a ribbon thing around his neck... I thought he was going to snap :|

waleedz said:
downloaded hewrong thing, a f=file that has loads of unknown iles and a 1 min video from an episode!! :x :x :x :x :x :x
no that's the right one, you just need to learn how to use those files. unzip the very first one.