OOps I screwed up.

03:33 - 04:01 - Ian Brown - Keep What Ya Got

I don't know what 04:38 - 05:10 is.

50:48 - 51:19 - The Spencer Davis Group - I'm a Man

peagiddy said:
zenon said:
peagiddy said:
42:05 - 42:16 - TV on the Radio - Staring at the Sun
That is a great song from a very very great band. If anyone is looking for some new music to listen to I would highly recommend TV on the Radio's album 'Desperate Youth, Blood Thirsty Babes'.

You're right. I dig this band very much. I was very enthused and a little shocked to hear it on an episode of Top Gear! I thought I had left iTunes running in the background...
I had the exact same reaction when I heard My Bloody Valentine. The only places I've heard My Bloody Valentine outside of my own CD collection is in the movie Lost in Translation and in Top Gear. My eyes literally bulged and my jaw nearly hit the floor when I heard it in Top Gear.

There is someone lurking within the BBC with some seriously good taste in music.

19:11-19:40 and 20:31 - 21:28 - Johann Strauss II - An der sch?nen, blauen Donau (On the Beautiful, Blue Danube), waltz for orchestra, Op. 314 (RV 314)

and the 51:42 - 52:36 bit is a classical piece by Claude Debussy, Suite bergamasque, for piano, L. 75 "Clair De Lune". Might be incorporated in the Song Angelica though, haven't heard it... :)

16:02 - 16:44 - Good lord this section is hauntingly spooky! Probably from another soundtrack which means its going to be hard as hell to ID, but if anyone knows it please put me out of my misery!!

HeJo said:
19:11-19:40 and 20:31 - 21:28 - Johann Strauss II - An der sch?nen, blauen Donau (On the Beautiful, Blue Danube), waltz for orchestra, Op. 314 (RV 314)

and the 51:42 - 52:36 bit is a classical piece by Claude Debussy, Suite bergamasque, for piano, L. 75 "Clair De Lune". Might be incorporated in the Song Angelica though, haven't heard it... :)
Is 'Lamb - Angelica' at 51:42 - 52:36 incorrect then?

Also, do the titles for the songs have to be as long as they are? I sort of shortened the name for the Strauss piece... is there parts of the name that are more important to have than others?

19:40 - 20:16 Alan Silvestri - Burn it Down!

Wow, that's the 3rd time they've used music from the Van Helsing soundtrack this season.

zenon said:
Also, do the titles for the songs have to be as long as they are? I sort of shortened the name for the Strauss piece... is there parts of the name that are more important to have than others?

Sure, I guess "Johann Strauss II - On the Beautiful, Blue Danube waltz" is sufficient. :)

And I think Lamb by Angelica is wrong because the bit is unedited from the original and afaik Angelica pieces are "modernized". I'd say it's Claire de lune from some popular classics album!

03:05 - 03:30 - Goldfrapp - Forever

Still Searching!

Still Searching!

Hi everyone,

New to these forums so thanks for having me! Hope to be able to make a contribution at some point - especially as my fav music seems to be cropping up in Top Gear more and more these days (Boards of Canada, Aphex Twin, Amon Tobin, Autechre etc)

Sorry to dredge up this episode - it's over a month old now, I know, but I just CAN'T find the details of a track that I'm desperate to get hold of. I don't have a copy of the episode in digi format (and to be honest, I have no idea how you guys timestamp the tracks so accurately - do you measure the time elapsed from the start of the opening credits? From the END of the opening credits? Anyway...)

The song I'm after was used in the DB9 article and was around 25 seconds long. It begins IMMEDIATELY after Hammond says the word "wobblier" when describing the feel of the convertible DB9, compared to the Hard-top. I've used Amazon to 'preview' all the tracks currently listed in this thread, for that segment, but I know it's not Groove Armada and most of the other listings don't sound like the snippets on Amazon AT ALL.

I have a WAV of this particular bit of the segment (digitised by a friend on another forum,) which is here: http://www.lensflair.org/topgear2.wav

I hope someone can help me!

Cheers!

Andy

I?m sorry - i dont have the episode here and can?t look at what time the searched song is... It is during the Aston Martin sequence with Richard and sounds like uh hu huuu.... :lol: Do you know what i mean? If yes.... compliments...

Bye, Wolfy

Re: Still Searching!

mad_dr said:
Hi everyone,

New to these forums so thanks for having me! Hope to be able to make a contribution at some point - especially as my fav music seems to be cropping up in Top Gear more and more these days (Boards of Canada, Aphex Twin, Amon Tobin, Autechre etc)

Sorry to dredge up this episode - it's over a month old now, I know, but I just CAN'T find the details of a track that I'm desperate to get hold of. I don't have a copy of the episode in digi format (and to be honest, I have no idea how you guys timestamp the tracks so accurately - do you measure the time elapsed from the start of the opening credits? From the END of the opening credits? Anyway...)

The song I'm after was used in the DB9 article and was around 25 seconds long. It begins IMMEDIATELY after Hammond says the word "wobblier" when describing the feel of the convertible DB9, compared to the Hard-top. I've used Amazon to 'preview' all the tracks currently listed in this thread, for that segment, but I know it's not Groove Armada and most of the other listings don't sound like the snippets on Amazon AT ALL.

I have a WAV of this particular bit of the segment (digitised by a friend on another forum,) which is here: http://www.lensflair.org/topgear2.wav

Cheers!

Andy

Dude, it IS "Hands of Time" by Groove Armada. It's the same song used in the taxi ride scene at the start of Collateral (the scene with Jada Pinkett Smith and Jamie Foxx). If you look on the Collateral soundtrack, you'll find the song there.

Re: TG - [06x03] - June 12th, 2005

Re: TG - [06x03] - June 12th, 2005

Classical music ponce that I am, I know that 22:05 - 23:39 is Tchaikovsky, from the Nutcracker, but to my shame I don't know exactly which piece from the Nutcracker suite it is.

And at about 55 minutes (my timecoding doesn't seem to match yours) just before the brass band stuff there's a tiny fragment of the end of Faure's Pavane, Op. 50.

thank you

thank you

I would like to thank all the people who took the time to identify most of the TG songs: in the last months I have bought the original CDs of the Aston Martin DB 9 race and I am not only happy to have listened back to the whole songs but I have discovered new authors that I like a lot.

Again a big thank you! :thumbsup:

AM

thumpr said:
mad_dr said:
Hi everyone,

Cheers!

Andy

Dude, it IS "Hands of Time" by Groove Armada. It's the same song used in the taxi ride scene at the start of Collateral (the scene with Jada Pinkett Smith and Jamie Foxx). If you look on the Collateral soundtrack, you'll find the song there.

Does anyone konw the time for this?

fussychicken said:
16:02 - 16:44 - Good lord this section is hauntingly spooky! Probably from another soundtrack which means its going to be hard as hell to ID, but if anyone knows it please put me out of my misery!!

Big Thanks to Saad from ep 8x00 who gave me the clues I needed to find this one!!!

16:02 - 16:44: Cliff Martinez - Maybe You're My Puppet (Solaris OST)