[06x04] June 19th, 2005

46:10...the theme song from Monday Night Football (NFL) here in the States...was on ABC (Indy 500 brodcasters), will go to ESPN

BMW 3 Series Song

BMW 3 Series Song

So there are a few songs playing during the 3-series test...however, there is one tat is decidedly a cover of kraftwerk's computerliebe... it plays right after he talks about the dash being flatter than a stalk of celery...the car is on the highway and it satrts playing. Does anyone know who this is by and where I can get it? Thanks.

ummm stupid question...since i dont use P2P sharing music apps...is there a possibility of somehow gathering these songs to the episodes...and have them for download? :) ty

well i suppose that "Amon Tobin - 5 Ton Mantis" is on nr2 then since it's the only free spot left. =)

While I imagine nobody wants to know, during the bit with the guys' mothers include several occurences of Don Harper's World Of Sport March (from ITV's World Of Sport in the 1970s) and Heavy Action by Johnny Pearson (better known as the theme from Superstars). I'll edit in some times when I find them (mainly because I'll have to download the episode first - I'm a licence-payer, so I have no quarms about downloading BBC content :) )

They are both available on a CD called "The Great Sporting Experience", while most of the stuff is light classical, there's stuff on there like the themes from both ends of Wimbledon, the BBC snooker music (Drag Racer) and Soul Limbo from the cricket.

I'm sure I heard something during the 3 Series test which sounded very similar to Computer Love by Kraftwerk, played on guitars. Again, times will follow once I've downloaded the thing.

Also, this is likely to be a stupid question, but what is the title music? I know it's gone through several versions in its time.

PS - there's no "e" in "Matt Monro" :)

cjcf said:
While I imagine nobody wants to know, during the bit with the guys' mothers include several occurences of Don Harper's World Of Sport March (from ITV's World Of Sport in the 1970s) and Heavy Action by Johnny Pearson (better known as the theme from Superstars). I'll edit in some times when I find them (mainly because I'll have to download the episode first - I'm a licence-payer, so I have no quarms about downloading BBC content :) )

They are both available on a CD called "The Great Sporting Experience", while most of the stuff is light classical, there's stuff on there like the themes from both ends of Wimbledon, the BBC snooker music (Drag Racer) and Soul Limbo from the cricket.

I'm sure I heard something during the 3 Series test which sounded very similar to Computer Love by Kraftwerk, played on guitars. Again, times will follow once I've downloaded the thing.

Also, this is likely to be a stupid question, but what is the title music? I know it's gone through several versions in its time.

PS - there's no "e" in "Matt Monro" :)

Don't know what it is, but you can get it here.

Right Click and Save As...

Ta muchly. :D

Seems the thing sounding like a Kraftwerk cover was Talk by Coldplay.

Times for most of the mothers segment, and some tracks:

44:30 - 44:45
44:45 - 45:16 Laurie Johnson - The Professionals (unknown remix)
46:08 - 46:44 Johnny Pearson - Heavy Action (theme from Superstars)
47:02 - 47:08 Johnny Pearson - Heavy Action
47:12 - 47:28 They Want Efx
47:30 - 47:49
47:54 - 48:18 Matt Monro - On Days Like These
48:27 - 48:36 Cross The Tracks
48:52 - 49:32 [1]
50:45 - 51:21 Soul Bossa Nova
51:21 - 51:54
51:54 - 52:06
52:07 - 52:35 Moon River
52:44 - 53:50 Bob James - Angela (theme from Taxi)
53:50 - 54:00 Matt Monro - On Days Like These
54:00 - 54:26 Don Harper - World Of Sport March
54:33 - 54:57 South Bank Orchestra - Black Beauty
55:14 - 55:42 Johnny Pearson - Heavy Action
55:46 - 55:58
57:20 - 57:24 (I don't reasonably expect anyone to get this, but it's there)

[1] This is the gallery music from "Vision On" - no idea what it's called.

kronkite said:
dailo said:
47:12 is actually MC Jin - Learn Chinese
No it isn't.
Jin sucks and he stole that beat from Das EFX.
And it actually sounds more like the Das EFX version to me anyway.

when i first heard it, i thought Jin, but i dled Das EFX, and i still think its Jin

[edit]dled a diff version, and Das EFX is correct. sry[/edit]

bellows said:
well i suppose that "Amon Tobin - 5 Ton Mantis" is on nr2 then since it's the only free spot left. =)
34:50 - 35:28 - Amon Tobin - Four Ton Mantis :thumbsup:

35:35 - 36:00 - ???? I'm almost sure it's the OST of the commercial for the Old Audi A3. It's a short movie made by David Lynch :)

50:45 - 51:21 - Quincy Jones & His Orchestra & Roland Kirk - Soul Bossa Nova (Original Mix) - this song is available in Austin Powers OST :D

57:20 - 57:24 - ???? I'm almost sure it's the OST of the commercial for the Old Audi A3. It's a short movie made by David Lynch :)

Coddington said:
57:20 - 57:24 - ???? I'm almost sure it's the OST of the commercial for the Old Audi A3. It's a short movie made by David Lynch :)

You got that on 4 seconds and about 3 notes? :eek:

Oh, and to answer a question I asked before, it seems the answer was in another thread here (damn hard to search for a name you don't know). The opening theme is indeed a reworking of Jessica by The Allman Brothers Band. Just heard the original 7-minute version :mrgreen:

I searched for amon tobin - 5 ton mantis, and only came up with a song called 4 ton mantis, are you sure it's called 5 ton mantis? (incidentally, four ton mantis doesn't sound like the CTS-V 11 minute song we were looking for) :|