[06x05] June 26th, 2005

the very beginning of the nissan feature - Ian Brown, Gravy Train (NOW mix)

15:35 - 16:00 : Cinematic Orchestra - Channel 1 Suite (off the Zero 7 compilation album 'Another Late Night')
34:02 - 32:10 : Groove Armada (feat. Jeru the Damaja) - Suntoucher

Anybody know the song from 36:45 to 37:15? Richard is talking about the Maserati's "space-age tweed" interior. Sounds like electroclash.

teucer said:
Anybody know the song from 36:45 to 37:15? Richard is talking about the Maserati's "space-age tweed" interior. Sounds like electroclash.
It's right in the middle of the Amon Tobin montage, so I'd imagine it's something by him.

I'm far from an Amon Tobin expert, so Phil2dot6, have any idea?

So i guess no one knows the songs at the beginning of the DB5/EType segment?

~ 12:03 - 12:40
~ 13:07 - 13:23

any one what the 53:53-57:27 music is, i thought it might have been the Rock but it isnt. still sounds really Michael Bay movie style

KryptonZone said:
I think I heard the soundtrack to Plunkett & Macleane, Craig Armstrong's - Escape. It was on before too... I'll get the timecode later... ;)

Got it... Watching it for the 2nd time... The song at 35:34-36:45 (sorry for the wrong display on the screenshot... :oops: is the one mentioned above... Craig Armstrong... etc

tg26jun05.jpg

PS. LETS ALL VOTE FOR MEATLOAF JUST TO PISS JEZZA OFF FOR FUN! :D

in the 35:34- craig armstrong escape song you can hear a cello that is alternating high and low. i have heard a similar song either on Top Gear or in a movie or movie trailer/preview. I have uploaded another sound clip from Philip Glass CLICK HERE FOR SOUND CLIP that also has this same cello sound. Can anyone figure out where this type of song is from? I was thinking it was either from Top Gear when they are reviewing a car (like the classical song when they review the Aston DB9) or from a part of a movie at the end where loose ends are tied up and they revealed a plot twist or something but I can't think of it!

teucer said:
Sounds like you already know the answer.. Philip Glass uses that figure everywhere. Try the Kronos quartet

well i'm trying to figure out where i heard this - whether it was from top gear or a movie. however, when i search for it i can't find anything which leads me to believe it might not be phillip glass but something similar i heard either in top gear or in a movie i saw.

jpmfan said:
anyone know the music from 53:53-57:27 when jezza is been shot? sounds like something from a Michael Bay movie
If I am right, you can get that jusic from the soundtrack for the movie "Heat".. The one with Al Pacino & Robert De Niro

ah ok, is there any specific track or is that music kind of a theme in each other the tracks throughout the album

EDIT: Just listened to the previews on amazon.com of the soundtrack and none of them are the song used during the army shooting part.

I don;t have the CD with me right now... one of the few I left back home in Blighty, but I believe it is/was track 14.... From the movie, it is the piece right before they hold the last bank raid, where half of them get wiped...

I think Zenon has the right track listed!

teucer said:

Seconded!

Forget who the stig is, I want to know who in the hell the Top Gear's soundtrack guy(s) is!!! These guys make the show...

teucer said:
I'd bet a dollar on Boards of Canada. It's not on 'music has the right to children', though.

37:25 - 38:01 Craig Armstrong - Duel
19:51 - 20:18 Craig Armstrong - Rebecca

And a correction:
zenon said:
35:34 - 36:45 - Craig Armstrong - Escape
That's exclusively from 'Hanging'. 'Escape' is the one with percussion.

vasu said:
So i guess no one knows the songs at the beginning of the DB5/EType segment?

~ 12:03 - 12:40
~ 13:07 - 13:23

The first is Barry Adamson's "The Big Bamboozle," but the second is not him and I don't know it. Other Adamson clips:

15:17-15:30 - "The Man With The Golden Arm"
17:04-17:25 - "The Man With The Golden Arm" again
19:37-19:49 - "007, A Fantasy Bond Theme"

Finally found out what that track is. It's;

The Cinematic Orchestra - Channel 1 Suite

:D

shifty said:
Finally found out what that track is. It's;

The Cinematic Orchestra - Channel 1 Suite

:D
What time is it played at?