• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

[06x05] June 26th, 2005

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Discuss here. :)

Last edited:
The ep wasn't that bad actually, I thought it was pretty cool. That last segment with the Merc and the Boxster is not the most... useful test but it really was quite fun. :lol:

I thought the season sort of started off okayish then it went a bit flat... But I think it is coming back a bit now :D I mean they had Damon Hill! :D

I'd have thought Hill would have been even faster. Can't wait until the big race next week, been looking forward to it since i heard about it. Always my favorite parts.

wasnt there supposed to be and "armoured car"? i saw it in the synopsis in the pre-ep discussion...

the slk/boxter bit was hilarious!!!

Great ep., everything I've come to love about Top Gear.

Informative + entertaining.

The race telemetry was :lol:

Great Great Episode, 2 former F1 racers, and everything else, just Brilliant. :thumbsup: :mrgreen:

Anybody else notice that air-duct type thing running into JC's chair's headrest?

Loved the SLK/Boxster segment, notice how they used single shots almost exclusively as opposed to spray-n-pray? Not that I expected any different from real soldiers.

Am looking foward to the SLR race next sunday. :thumbsup:

A good ep, apart from that DB5 and E-Type- part. I didn't get the point in that... Ok, maybe that you can upgrade your classic car with a lot of money and still won't work as a everyday car. Beautiful cars though, both of them.

I hate the Murano, the way it looks. I haven't driven it, so can't tell anything about that. But if Jeremy Clarkson likes how a Nissan drives, it has to be good. :blink: And it was tested by the most trendiest presenter in Top Gear, James. He has to be, he used 50 Cents music in his video. :eek: 8)

The handsfree kit- thing was hilarious! :D And the Evo 9's new design.. :lol: Did you notice, there's somekind of tube in Jeremy's "news seat's" headrest. Aircon?

The Maserati Grand Sport looks beautiful... as Maserati's always do. And I like the fact that they've got the Grand Sport right. At least Maserati now has one car that works. :p Loved to have one someday..

"Porsche design - the least a man can get" - JC :lol: Still like the Boxster more than the SLK. And I don't think it's just for people who can't afford a 911. It's a great car and a great looking one too. Well, not just a car - it's also a big 3.2 litre telephone. :) You can have the SLK only with an automatic gearbox and you can't turn the tracktion control off.. and I think the SLK looks more vulgar and cheap than the Boxster, as Jeremy pointed out.

Jail80 said:
Did you notice, there's somekind of tube in Jeremy's "news seat's" headrest. Aircon

I did.

Yeah, I think it was in last week's too. Wonder what's up with that...

Viper007Bond said:

If you look at the guests forehead, you see its quite sweaty. Perhaps it gets very hot in the studio, so JC rigged up some A/C?

Man whats with the fading effect of the video at the ending part... makes me dizzy.. :bangin:

1st post.

Not sure about the aircon for JC, did look very warm in the hanger though.
Really enjoyed Damon going round the track in the Liana. It nearly matched the time of the DB5 :/ . And what about the boxter! It looks bloody awful but it can stop well, looks like it would be the choice for a motokhana.

The Nissan looked OK, but they sound pretty nice (350Z running gear) as I heard one in the states.

I used to prefer Hammond as the host, now I just want to have James May as a best mate, the bloke has some seriously good taste in cars. It doesn't have to go fast, but it's nice if it feels/looks/sounds like it. Oh, and it must ooze style, not w@nk.

Jasruler said:
Viper007Bond said:
If you look at the guests forehead, you see its quite sweaty. Perhaps it gets very hot in the studio, so JC rigged up some A/C?

OR.... maybe Jeremy is sooo impressed about the aircurtain, that you get in the SLK (the one that blows warm/cool air in to your neck) that he desited to have one of his own. :D

Has to be an aircon.

Or maybe it sucks up all the smoke from his gazillion cigarettes a day :)
Most likely A/C tho :p

Are all the epidsodes mixed up atm, coz here and TV guides said Davina McCall would be on, not that im complaining bout Damon Hill being on :D. And i though richard was meant to get shot at in an armoured car?
Nvm, cant wait for nxt weeks episode, THE RACE. Its a shame i already know what the race is, and in what car.....

Shadowness said:
Are all the epidsodes mixed up atm, coz here and TV guides said Davina McCall would be on, not that im complaining bout Damon Hill being on :D. And i though richard was meant to get shot at in an armoured car?
Nvm, cant wait for nxt weeks episode, THE RACE. Its a shame i already know what the race is, and in what car.....

Well, those are from a Beeb guy, who just gives us info as they come along. Its not 100% accurate, but hey, it serves pretty well as a reference.

And the race. First we saw spoilers here, next was the trailer. Not really a shame, I'l rather go for the process than the result these days. :)

About the old cars. I know that Eagle can fiddle with the E-type, but does anyone know who does the same with the DB-5?