[06x06] July 3rd, 2005

CrazyCavia said:
Was probably shot around Antwerp with its road works.
Why did he go past Amsterdam to the afsluitdijk, when he could off gone toward Arnhem cross the border and hit the autobahn toward Denmark.

BTW, Zuiderzee? Come on buy a modern atlas guys.

Haha :lol: Yeah, I didn't get the route either. Maybe they chose a nice route, Afsluitdijk is the nearest piece of engineering they could find.

Jostyrostelli said:
CrazyCavia said:
Why did he go past Amsterdam to the afsluitdijk, when he could off gone toward Arnhem cross the border and hit the autobahn toward Denmark.

Haha :lol: Yeah, I didn't get the route either. Maybe they chose a nice route, Afsluitdijk is the nearest piece of engineering they could find.

Well the Deltawerken look more spectacular to me, especially when shot from the helicopter, but then they would have gone really off the route :D :D. But it is clever to avoid the Ruhr Area in Germany, but it's just as bad as the randstad really ;)

hajj said:
Jostyrostelli said:
CrazyCavia said:

Well the Deltawerken look more spectacular to me, especially when shot from the helicopter, but then they would have gone really off the route :D :D. But it is clever to avoid the Ruhr Area in Germany, but it's just as bad as the randstad really ;)

Yeah that would be WAY out of route, and did you notice the honking? As far as I know we don't honk THAT much on the highway..or was it just the camera that did it?

In the randstad you are just used to traffic jams, they don't really bother the people anymore i think, therefore the horn isn't used at all. They probably just edited the sounds in, or it were the Belgium's :D :D

I didnt think that Alfa was very nice. Thought it looked a bit crap. And that indian guy was right, the top of the range mondeo does look pretty damn cool.

LessThanSte said:
I didnt think that Alfa was very nice. Thought it looked a bit crap. And that indian guy was right, the top of the range mondeo does look pretty damn cool.

It does, especially the new Silver-something edition, wiht the white stripes in the rearlights.

Jimi Hendrix said:
I've just read this in another forum:

We'd loved to have put the DBRS9 round the TG track but unfortunately they haven't built a runner yet and the car we had in the studio was just a show car with no engine.

As far as the race goes, some people do get furrow browed about how we get the shots of the cars during its journey. Well, for the less mentally creative who haven't yet worked out this one, I'll let you into a secret. The interior filming and some of the tracking shots are done during the race. The more arty time consuming stuff is done on the return leg back to the UK when they've got more time to make it look nice. Next time I'll fill you in on why Coronation Street isn't a real place.

Where did you found this? This confirms my thoughts. :mrgreen:
Who wrote this, do you know?

awesome ep. the funny part was the sat nav in the SLK, wasn't even right. Turn left and Jeremy goes, no...its staight a head.

LessThanSte said:

THE MOST BEAUTIFUL CAR. come on, a ford mondeo?! :lmao:

Hey all! This is my first post here, though i've been a member for a while now, and I have to give a big thanks to Viper for ripping these epidsodes!

Wow...wut a great epidsode! Loved the DBR9, sounds magnificent.

Best thing about this episode were the quotables. Some of the stuff they said had me in a fetal position laughing!

Jeremy: "I wonder what the fastest anyone has ever been in a EuroTunnel Train. How tempting is it to just....VROOOMM....NO NO no no no...grow up."

James: "17 hours of being forced to enjoy yourself."
Richard: "YES"

James: "To our future."
Richard: "Stop doing that. Please. You can start doing nautical references if you like."

James: "I really enjoyed our day out together Richard. It's not very often I get to take someone out for a nice dinner."
Richard: "WTF?!?!?" <--- he doesn't actually say this, of course...

Richard: "If you ask me to dance, I'll stab you."

Overall, this episode was just awesome, absolutely hilarious.

Can't wait for the next epidsode!!

bihus said:
Jimi Hendrix said:

We'd loved to have put the DBRS9 round the TG track but unfortunately they haven't built a runner yet and the car we had in the studio was just a show car with no engine.

As far as the race goes, some people do get furrow browed about how we get the shots of the cars during its journey. Well, for the less mentally creative who haven't yet worked out this one, I'll let you into a secret. The interior filming and some of the tracking shots are done during the race. The more arty time consuming stuff is done on the return leg back to the UK when they've got more time to make it look nice. Next time I'll fill you in on why Coronation Street isn't a real place.

I agree, this would be more practical and explain the differences you see. Like on the bridge as someone remarked earlier... Would also know the source.

I think this ep is the best one of the season. Loved those quotesKoeing has stated. I laughed so hard when Jeremy was driving in the Eurotunnel train. I didn't even know such trains existed. surely not in the states.

Yep, probably the best episode this season. I laughed my ass off the whole way through.
That DBR9 - WOW, now if I can win the lottery I'm gonna get one of those DBRS9's

There is a train called 'Autotrain' which is a seasonal thing from the Washington DC area to Miami.

NTM

haha I loved this weeks show. Even though this is the third time around it was bags of fun. As somebody mentioned the quotes during the trip were really hilarious... Clarkson speeding in the train.. hahaha

bihus said:
Jimi Hendrix said:

I have found this here:
http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?p=3&f=23&t=190754&h=0

The guy that wrote that in PH says that it is a quote from another forum, but he doesn't say what forum