[06x07] July 10th, 2005

That Super8 film effect in the Sagaris segment was superb -- does anyone know if they really used ancient super8 cameras or if it was all post-proc?

Too bad I don't like the Sagaris' styling, because it seems to be the best TVR, engineering-wise.

And the other segments were great too (I fast-forwarded through the star interview -- is it worth watching?). But, cynical bastard as I am in real life, I found Richard's comments on Jeremy's illness a bit too mean and not entirely in good taste.

Oh, and was anything remotely as sexy in the hands of the Stig as the Sagaris in the Hammerhead?

Twas a good episode, no doubt, Love the sagaris, and I personally had no problems with Hammond's taking the piss out of Clarkson, guess its just another one of those british humour things (we all take the piss out of each other), then again I am a guy who took the piss out of a mate when he was worried he had testicular cancer... I would have felt really bad if he actually did! :D

Great Ep.

Couple of reasons why.

1. Jeremy lost a race WOOO!!! haha

2. He did a fancy "On that Bombshell" which no doubt pissed off people here haha

3. Everything else was good :p

Tocantins said:
Look it! http://www.ddavid.com/formula1/nurburg1968.htm
Now,do a 10min08sec lap in a van.... :twisted:
Hheheh, Jackie Stewart did 9min and 54,2sec...

Well, she may be a fast driver, but she is definitely not 14 sec slower in a van then Jackie in his F1. When F1 was driven on Nordshliefe they drove a longer course then what people do on their "open laps" today. But noone can argue that that wasn't a fast lap in the van :driving:

About the episode in general I found it great. However, I used to be a Hamond fan, but after that tasteless comment to Jeremy I kind of lost respect for him, shame really. Maybe it was written in the manuscript, but I don't think things like that belong on a show like topgear, making fun of peoples length is okey, but this is serious.

Barneby said:
I used to be a Hamond fan, but after that tasteless comment to Jeremy I kind of lost respect for him, shame really. Maybe it was written in the manuscript, but I don't think things like that belong on a show like topgear, making fun of peoples length is okey, but this is serious.

that's kind of what i thought at first too. but then i thought about it. clarkson is the bigwig of the show, so he'd have final say on the scripts, especially if it included people taking the piss out of his back. so that made me think that the chances of clarkson becoming wheelchair-bound are actually very, very slim (a lot less than 5%), and that it was done just to spice up the coolwall segment.

i mean, hammond has been working with clarkson for, what, 4 years now? and even if he doesn't like him personally (which we have no evidence of), he has to acknowledge that jezza could get him the arse any time he wanted to, and without his popularity in top gear, he wouldn't he opening the durhamshire tractor show.

i just can't see him making fun of clarkson unless it was all planned and okayed.

Finally finished watching the ep.

I thought it was a great episode - the race between Jeremy and the runner was really entertaining. The tribute to the Trannie Van was excellent and the lap with Sabine - I think it was summed up best when they were talking about people in their porsches getting overtaken by a girl driving a van! Priceless.

The comments by Richard were a bit in poor taste but like others have mentioned that would have most likely been scripted. Otherwise we may not see Richard on any more episodes! Where was James though???

another greap ep - loved all of it.

and I think I must have a Sagaris...

as others have said - transit passing bikes on the 'ring - :thumbsup: to sabine

By the way, were I'm the only one who had the sound so loud so I noticed the car-alarm going on at 1.22 into the show. A very UN-topgearich mistake. :p

Also the intro sound on the sagaris clip appears to be from the GTR game or am I misstaken, sounds very familiar.

I didnt see any problem with hammonds comment - if JC were not cool with it do you think he would have let it go on that much? I think its all in good fun (they all knock eachother all the time, JC tends to do it most!)

Chupacabras said:
I didnt see any problem with hammonds comment - if JC were not cool with it do you think he would have let it go on that much? I think its all in good fun (they all knock eachother all the time, JC tends to do it most!)

Exactly. They like each other and that's what men do :-x.

Chupacabras said:

Yes, I understand completely. I don't think JC in any way was hurt since it probably was scripted, but I (and note, this is In My Opinion) got a bad taste in my mouth seeing that and eventho JC was cool with it I don't like those things in the show. But since some of you found it hilarious I gues I'm in no place for arguing.

Ah well, I guess it was scripted. I don't think they take the risk of improvising all that kind of stuff on a tvshow with millions of watchers. And as Jeremy doesn't let pass a single occasion to laugh with Hammond and his short length, it was only normal that Hammond did something back.

Yes, I understand completely. I don't think JC in any way was hurt since it probably was scripted, but I (and note, this is In My Opinion) got a bad taste in my mouth seeing that and eventho JC was cool with it I don't like those things in the show.

I agree. It was still funny, but very much on the edge there. I actually wanted to stand up for Jeremy for once and throw in a "Watch your mouth, Hammond. Do you have any idea how much it hurts to get a wheelchair smashed into your legs??" And trust me, it does hurt. I've been hit a few times during karate practice with disabled women (not even full power) and it wasn't funny.

The rest of the cool wall had me in stitches though, and the ep itself was good.

Cactus said:
That Super8 film effect in the Sagaris segment was superb -- does anyone know if they really used ancient super8 cameras or if it was all post-proc?

I guess it was just some "Aftereffects" filter :)

Barneby said:
By the way, were I'm the only one who had the sound so loud so I noticed the car-alarm going on at 1.22 into the show. A very UN-topgearich mistake. :p

Well, it really couldn't hear it in the 700 MB one...

Buba

Great episode ... I've been waiting for Super-Sab on the N?rburgring for months :thumbsup:

Thank you top-gear, thank you Sabine ...

I would like to see her on the show from time to time, but I'm german, so i'm biased :lol:

She seemed a little bit overexcited ... I had the oppertunity to being driven arround the Nordschleife by her in a BMW M5 last year (Renn Taxi - race taxi) ... she was much cooler than. She was joking while the passengers (including me) were desperately trying to hold on ... great fun ... and maybe a bit quicker than 10 minutes ...

I'll try again on the 9th of october this year in the new M5 ... with Sabine as driver, if I'm lucky.

I love her, too

D'oh
Homer

What do we think of the slits (or what you may call them) above the front wheels of Sagaris. Open, closed or completely removed ? I liked the open ones more and if they where too open for stuff to come through I would have proposed a grille of some sort. But just plain leaving the gaps closed was the worst you could do.

Yeah... closed vents are just stupid. Either make them functional or get rid of it.

A good episode,
I laughed out loud when Sabine took her belt off to make the tranny go faster. :lol: