[06x09] July 24th, 2005

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
No discussion on downloading it, speeds, etc. are allowed here or anywhere else for that matter too.

Besides that, feel free to discuss the episode here. Mind you, this is a spoiler thread, so stay out if you haven't seen it. ;)

Renesis said:
If I see a mention of download speed I'll castrate someone.

If you need any help, PM me! :thumbsup:

omg wth my torrent si stuck at 0kb what does i do!?!?!

;)

Even though the GPS voice was obviously overdubbed for comedic effect, i was killing myself laughing when he was trying to make comments about the car and kept being interrupted. I would have expected it to be quicker around the track though.

That Audi woman owned James in road test skills. Hot.

m5.jpg

M5!! SICK!! I've been waiting for top gear's m5 review for a while, it was worth it. Those guys do a great job of cutting and editing these clips.

I liked richard and jame's scooterman car reviews. I liked james sparring with the owners of the cars, specifically the audi woman.

good episode!

I liked this episode much more than the previous ones. They were good too, but this one was much better. Never once during this episode did I pause out to see if I had any new messages on MSN or anything like that. Had me riveted to my screen. The "Audi Woman" was nice so was the M5. And, the stig almost died!

Did anyone watch "Top of the Pops" before Top Gear? Clarkson was guest presenter with the lovely Fearne Cotton. He had the M5 there too.

Anyways... I think this is a great episode considering last week's one was rather dull after the brilliant F430.

Chris Evans was absolutely amazing! I don't see many crazy folks doing what he did, and so well too! :lol:

...And Hamster and May in full leather biker suits... That's actually kinda disturbing... Still good to know about services like that though (I didn't actually know they had that...).

GraemeH said:
I would have expected [the M5] to be quicker around the track though.

I know. I thought it was kinda strange the M5 was beaten by the Evo VIII and all.

http://img50.imageshack.**/img50/9308/m5speed0ty.jpg

Do we know what the laptime of the previous M5 was? I know it had 107bhp less but in its day it was touted as being faster than the F360...or was it the F355?

http://img11.imageshack.**/img11/6927/m5logo7xu.th.jpg

Still, it is an awesome car and if it weren't for the looks it would replace the previous M5 on my "must have" list. They're only ?20,000 second hand now (for our American viewers, ?20,000 is approximately $35,000) so maybe the old 7er will be traded in soon.

:lol:

hmmm for once im gonna say, not the best episode haha!

Nah still enjoyed it!

I felt the scooter taxi thing, fell a bit flat to the end... but otherwise.. ITS BLOODY top gear!....

anyone realise how many episodes we have left :( so sad.... sad sad sad....

magnaman said:
anyone realise how many episodes we have left :( so sad.... sad sad sad....

How many episodes do we have left?? Usually there are 10 to a season but I've seen the number 11 being bandied about these boards...

I have 3 DVDs will the first 9 episodes so it'd be good if I'd get at least 2 to stick on the 4th DVD. (I only have a single-layer DVD-5 burner I'm afraid).

Oh, and I've gotta say, I loved the use of the Back to the Future theme when they were attempting to roll the old crappy Ford. It brought back the 80s for me.

Yes me too! when the back to the future song came on, i straight away went.. THIS IS AN AWESOME part of the show :D haha 88 miles per hour... well 60 but anyway :D

i think there are 2 more episodes left.. i think... and that plain sucks!

jarborra said:
GraemeH said:
I would have expected [the M5] to be quicker around the track though.

Still, it is an awesome car and if it weren't for the looks it would replace the previous M5 on my "must have" list. They're only ?20,000 second hand now (for our American viewers, ?20,000 is approximately $35,000) so maybe the old 7er will be traded in soon.

:lol:

Damn, that's pretty cheap. Out here in the states a used 2001-03 M5 will still run you about upper 40s- high 50s.

Is this the last show of the series?

No, there's at least one more left. I wonder when they'll be back?

I quite liked the ScooterMan segment, that's a pretty idea for a business.

One of the best 5 episodes ever I'd rather say. I have been laughing a lot and it did not happen for the whole series 6 to me. It was great. It was back to Top Gear old fashion: lots of cars, nice jokes, great guest (I do not like Chris Evans at all but he looked a nice person with Clarkson so I am changing my mind).

I love the bit about the news... terrific

Great stunts + Guinness award!

Hammond and May in the best form for a long time.

As I said, a great episode indeed. The best of this series most certainly for OVERALL content.

Ciao

don't forget the BMW M5 is a heavy saloon car with rearwheel drive !
and for that its damn fast even faster then the CLS AMG (but the CLS is better looking)

It was a good episode - did anyone notice the date on the cert for the car rollover (March 2005) and also that the 3 ?1500 Porsches were in the background on the run up.

There are at least 2 more episodes,as there will be 1 on the 7th of August aswell as next week

wescx said:
Put me down as another fan of the "Audi woman" :D

Yeah I'd say she was hot as! Put me down for a few of these :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I loved that scooter film haha that was awesome.

oh and BTW I'm posting this while Star in a resonably priced car is on haha..

oh poor golf man... thats not nice to point him out saying he has a "poor look"