[06x09] July 24th, 2005

weird. out of a bunch of luxury sedans the bmw does the slowest lap due to handling problems... let's hope this is just an exception to the rule that german cars handle well. :)

Where's the mini?

Where's the mini?

Hey where's the restoration rip off winner mini? Wasnt it supposed to be in this series? Whats up with that?

Re: Where's the mini?

Re: Where's the mini?

agreen182 said:
Hey where's the restoration rip off winner mini? Wasnt it supposed to be in this series? Whats up with that?

i agree: wad up wid dat?

altough the restoration ripoff really was a ripoff - they chose a mini to restore instead of that probe16!

Lol, yea but like they said it wouldnt have been possible to restore that thing, SOOO much money! omg that would have been so expensive

agreen182 said:
Lol, yea but like they said it wouldnt have been possible to restore that thing, SOOO much money! omg that would have been so expensive

But it was only a mini.. it can't be that difficult. Imagine if they had to restore the probe from a clockwork orange! And I want to see the HSV :( although there was kinda one on the last episode... I'm almost certain the Dubai cop car was a VT/VX Commodore.

fnp said:
I'm almost certain the Dubai cop car was a VT/VX Commodore.

forget 'almost certain', it *was* a commodore, a VX in fact
http://img86.imageshack.**/img86/8072/untitled44ls.jpg

and no, that bonnet isn't carbon fibre

I believe his objection to the volume control button 'changing the channel' isn't so much because he didn't know which one to push, as much as BMW have gone against common convention and put the volume buttons on the left instead of on the right which seems to be the de facto standard.

I mean, BMW could also put the clutch pedal on the right and the accelerator on the left... it's doable, but not 'normal', and makes no rational sense to be different.

NTM

jarborra said:
GraemeH said:
I would have expected [the M5] to be quicker around the track though.

I know. I thought it was kinda strange the M5 was beaten by the Evo VIII and all.

http://img50.imageshack.**/img50/9308/m5speed0ty.jpg

Do we know what the laptime of the previous M5 was? I know it had 107bhp less but in its day it was touted as being faster than the F360...or was it the F355?

http://img11.imageshack.**/img11/6927/m5logo7xu.th.jpg

Still, it is an awesome car and if it weren't for the looks it would replace the previous M5 on my "must have" list. They're only ?20,000 second hand now (for our American viewers, ?20,000 is approximately $35,000) so maybe the old 7er will be traded in soon.

:lol:

The M5 may have been "beaten" by the FQ 520 xc90580q3oruskgnkg but look at the cars it did beat...Lotus Exige and a Ferrari 575 w/ the handling package (GTC). You have to remember the M5 is a luxury car as well...so you can put up those numbers while sipping a cafe au lait and have a couple of friends riding in comfort with you. As for the Evo....at the end of the day its an over glorified Lacer, when that turbo goes out all you have is a 2.0 four pot (and that turbo will have problems with as much boost as its pushing). In my opinion the M5 wins on all fronts except for looks.

P.S. Yes, I know I am biased...but I'm not the only one on this forum who is.

That's FQ 320 ;) They have sloppy handwriting, that mistake is made alot :lol:
The thought of 520HP from a 2.0 litre, turbo 4 :shock:

And do they have to be rebuilt often?

I know it's very possible, I guess I was talking about the reliability aspect.

Oh I know, I was inquiring about the 600+HP 1.8s ;)

That was an awesome episode, especially the M5 I would love to press that M button at this minute.

Ali said:
does anyone have may's phone number so i could call him and ask for the audi-girl's number?? :mrgreen:

Did you notice the number plate on her car wasn't blurred? Just contact the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency and your of to a good start. :lol:

Hades said:
Ali said:
does anyone have may's phone number so i could call him and ask for the audi-girl's number?? :mrgreen:

Did you notice the number plate on her car wasn't blurred? Just contact the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency and your of to a good start. :lol:
Then you can call her number from outside her house, in the bushes, with a camera. :wicked: ;)