[06x10] July 31st, 2005

avanti said:
Great episode, especially the "toys" part, does anyone have a link to the maker of the Rage buggy? How many episodes left of this series?

http://www.rageoffroadbuggies.com/race_model.htm

And I would also be a fan of Some bike reviews... 3 per season would be sufficient... Especially when they are lacking the supercar blast from last year...

Buba

Buba said:

And I would also be a fan of Some bike reviews... 3 per season would be sufficient... Especially when they are lacking the supercar blast from last year...

Buba
Thanks, according to the site they want ?11,000 + VAT for it, exclusive of engine, don't understand why they would list it without the engine. who has a spare fireblade engine collecting dust in the garage...

Have not seen the ep` yet.... In the process of aquiring it.

The people who want a ` I AM THE STIG` shirt make ...your own?

Surely they wont cost much . Black shirt , screen printing. In New Zealand where im from to do yourserlf $25 including shirt. ( screen printing embroidery shop). Thats about 8 pounds UK people.....

Anyways.

cheers

James

magnaman said:
i want the tshirt!

come on people find out how to buy em! (here in australia :D)

Just take a pic to your local t-shirt shop and ask them to make one :p

(Of course that is a joke, I'm not suggesting that you would bypass the official merchandise)

avanti said:
Ultra_Kool_Dude said:
Maybe one day they will do some motorcycle reviews.... :evil:
I really think they should, just one bike per week or every second week. Maybe not a "dry" technical review, but since both Richard and James are bikers I'm sure they would be able to make it entertaining for non-bikers too.

Yes it would be such a great addition to mix things up a bit.

They should put Jeremy on the new ZX-10R just for giggles. :lol:

BTW: Great avatar - gotta love the gixxers. :thumbsup:

avanti said:
Buba said:

Buba
Thanks, according to the site they want ?11,000 + VAT for it, exclusive of engine, don't understand why they would list it without the engine. who has a spare fireblade engine collecting dust in the garage...

A lot of those buggy builders list their gear without engines so you can spec your own. Forget the Fireblade engine, go the Hayabusa! Then Turbocharge...

Who told Jeremy that the VQ engine in the 350Z (3.5 V6) is a Renault engine?

He made that mistake back when he tested the 350Z like 2 years ago and yesterday he did it again, who has his email addy? :mrgreen: :bangin:

RenaultFreak said:

He made that mistake back when he tested the 350Z like 2 years ago and yesterday he did it again, who has his email addy? :mrgreen: :bangin:
Well Nissan is owned by Renault, and while the VQ is a Nissan engine, Jeremy is just using creative license. Hell if we want to attack people about creative license, we should start at the epicentre and work outwards: Hollywood.

Ultra_Kool_Dude said:
BTW: Great avatar - gotta love the gixxers. :thumbsup:
Thanks, its my bike, a 1988 GSX-R750. I've had it for about 2 years, it is my pride and joy :D
flyingfridge said:
A lot of those buggy builders list their gear without engines so you can spec your own. Forget the Fireblade engine, go the Hayabusa! Then Turbocharge...
I understand, but it would be interesting to know know what a "complete" buggy went for. And ?11.000 for a frame, suspension, and wheels seems outrageous to me, should be possible to build the thing yourself for half of that price, including the engine.

flyingfridge said:
RenaultFreak said:

Well Nissan is owned by Renault, and while the VQ is a Nissan engine, Jeremy is just using creative license. Hell if we want to attack people about creative license, we should start at the epicentre and work outwards: Hollywood.

the VQ was with Nissan loooooooong before they saw the french coming, that engine can't be more japanese. 8)

RenaultFreak said:
flyingfridge said:
RenaultFreak said:

the VQ was with Nissan loooooooong before they saw the french coming, that engine can't be more japanese. 8)
True but given Top Gear's weekly factual misnomers, this one just sits in the pile with the rest. It is true that Top Gear quotes facts innaccurately incredibly often, for instance, just this week it seemed Jeremy was giving BMW the credit for inventing twin sequential Turbocharging, an idea that has been around for years. Jeremy, James and Richard all do it all the time, but when you consider that Top Gear is not aimed solely at technophiles, it's a 'light entertainment' programme, (hence the kittens) it all makes sense and it's forgivable. It does need to appeal to a wider audience than just us pedantic car nut types. And because of that, it's far more entertaining.

zfzfrost said:
great episode, lots of fun stuff. I liked james's review in dubai even though I'm not too interested in the bently.. was just put together nice

Even i live in Croatia i'am now here in Dubai. I went trought that road 4-5 days ago. Going pass by on UAE roads you can see much blown tyres by side. I supose James did't know that. :)

Episode was ok, although that Davina guest was really annoying! She was trying too hard making funny comments that weren't amusing at all.

Surprised to actually see Mark Webber there. Hopefully more F1 drivers will follow. Maybe the producers can get WRC drivers to drive around the track as well, so we can have an F1 vs. WRC thing going on. I know Richard Burns paid a visit during the first season of Top Gear.

That was a mad ep :) ....quite different imo to what they normally do. I'm just waiting for my Sabine fix in the new season :woot: :bangin:

Holy Crap! That kitten bit was so fukin funny, I didnt hear anything Clarkson was saying about the diesel because I was brought to tears. Good stuff.

First post for me... i love the website, and thankyou for introducing to me to such a TV show... makes everything else look pretty... lame really... :)

avanti said:
I really think they should, just one bike per week or every second week. Maybe not a "dry" technical review, but since both Richard and James are bikers I'm sure they would be able to make it entertaining for non-bikers too.

then we would need a "leather stig" wouldnt we? :D

Flying Spur

Flying Spur

In James' review, how could he claim that the Flying Spur was the fastest four-door when last week they said the M5 could do 'over 200' sans limiter?

Re: Flying Spur

nm055 said:
In James' review, how could he claim that the Flying Spur was the fastest four-door when last week they said the M5 could do 'over 200' sans limiter?

Ah but the M5 does have a limiter, and unlike AMG if you ask M to remove the limiter they will say 'nein'. So as it leaves the factory the M5 is only capable of 155mph, therefore, the Bentley is faster. :bangin:

now thats a god episode, better than the last 2..

flyingfridge said:
nm055 said:

Ah but the M5 does have a limiter, and unlike AMG if you ask M to remove the limiter they will say 'nein'. So as it leaves the factory the M5 is only capable of 155mph, therefore, the Bentley is faster. :bangin:

but you can remove the limiter.. and now bmw dropped the limiter thing, so it will reach 200mph.. btw i thought that e class brabus was the fastest sedan.. don't take all the info from top gear too seriously, they have alot of incorrect info, I notice atleast one in each episode.