[06x10] July 31st, 2005

Yeah I agree with you on some parts but the fact that its easier to drive fast in an F1 isn't really so...

Yeah they have all that shit in the cars but all that does is make .3 of a second a massive margin...

F1 is more technical driving and the V8's are more... well dare I say it... more "racing" driving.

Nice image of the Stig, don?t you think so? ;)

http://img332.imageshack.**/img332/8454/topgear06x1020050731vukrip0002.jpg

Don't say for an instant that V8s are harder to control. They go soo much slower than an F1 car it isn't funny. They're a full 30 seconds slower around the Albert park Circuit!! The reflexes you need to drive a V8 pale in comparison to an F1. Don't get me wrong, I love the V8s and I too, Merc SL, stand in the red corner, but an F1 car is far harder, far faster and they have the BEST drivers in the world in them. BTW, it wasn't Mick Doohan who opened his pockets, it was David Campese. Campese did help Mark get over there and get started in Europe, but sponsorship from Fosters and other companies, mostly Australian ones, pulled him through. The point I made about the sponsorship is that Mark didn't have the massive backing of the European corporations that all the european drivers get. Lowndes and Ambrose did run out of money, that's true, but do you know how you run out of money over there? You run out of talent, which in turn runs you out of ability to attract sponsorship.

The other point I'd like to make is that in my earlier argument, I stated open wheelers, not specifically F1. You have to drive in plenty of other open wheel categories to even get a shot at F1 all of which vary in technical spec. but one thing is certain, not all allow traction control. Speaking of which, I think he proved his throttle control ability at the wheel of the Liana on the episode of TG this here thread is dedicated to. At some point especially if you are low on the money your talent has to pull you through and Webber's did that in spades. The best comparsion that can be made is when he was testing for Renault. His times consistently were faster than Giancarlo Fisichella's times, on worn tyres when Fisi was using the newies, but he didn't get the big seat because of A: Contracts and Openings, and the big one, B: Lack of sponsorship money to bring to the team.

It must be said he hasn't had a good run since he hit F1. Occasionally he has had a good run, for instance, qualifying in Malaysia last year and on one occasion, in the wet in Brazil was able to go toe to toe with Michael Schumacher in the Jag which was grossly inferior to the all conquering Ferrari. Overall, though, his luck hasn't run with him, and while 90% of racing is skill, the other 10% is luck and especially in F1, where the tolerances are so minute, if you don't have all 100%, you're toast. :shock:

Leppy said:
Yeah I agree with you on some parts but the fact that its easier to drive fast in an F1 isn't really so...

Yeah they have all that shit in the cars but all that does is make .3 of a second a massive margin...

F1 is more technical driving and the V8's are more... well dare I say it... more "racing" driving.

There's a reason for this. The difference between aero grip and mechanical grip. Take the wings off a car, and the racing gets better. Look at time. The more aero influenced racing is, the less overtaking there is. That's why i'm all for the new technical regs in V8s. Sure it might make them slower, but who cares? They'll be a hell of a lot more entertaining to watch.

osabros said:
it wouldnt be that hard... the problem is that on the back of the t-shirt is a picture of the stig standing and i have no idea where i can get a picture like that that i can print on a shirt...

The episode where the white stig is introduced, there's a shot of him standing on a podium with his arms folded like the shirt they gave webber. I'm sure someone could screen-cap it and silhouette it in photoshop for putting to a shirt.

How HOT was the girl over Jeremy's left shoulder duing the interview with Mark Webber???!!!?? It was quite a distraction for me

meh, audigirl was much hotter
http://img247.imageshack.**/img247/1360/bscap0038zl.jpg

but that guy in white behind her - he's GIGANTIC!!!

karmavore said:
How HOT was the girl over Jeremy's left shoulder duing the interview with Mark Webber???!!!?? It was quite a distraction for me

Mate, it was for me too!! I've never been interested in the audience b4. But yes, i wouldn't want to f.. (you know the rest) with that guy behind her...

Is it just me, or is there a lot of Aussies around here... and as it also just me, or do a lot of people comment on the attractiveness of various chicks on the show...

Maybe I need to get some sleep.

karmavore said:
I thought the chick over Mark's shoulder was better :) If he didn't go home with at least one of them I'll be deeply disappointed and declare him unaustralian ;)

when he gave mark webber the shirt, he said make sure micheal dosent see it, he hasnt been spending all that time in the red, hes been spending a little too much time here, know what i mean????

MY QUESTION IS WAHT DOES HE MEAN???? I dont want to start another who is the stig debate, but is he suggesting that schumi is the stig????

^ That is exactly what he was saying.

denali said:
when he gave mark webber the shirt, he said make sure micheal dosent see it, he hasnt been spending all that time in the red, hes been spending a little too much time here, know what i mean????

MY QUESTION IS WAHT DOES HE MEAN???? I dont want to start another who is the stig debate, but is he suggesting that schumi is the stig????
he was joking :roll: