[07x01] March 21st, 2005

Wow, great speeds, thanks to everyone for seeding it, i loved the boxter vs z4 part! :thumbsup:

No czech :). I understand some of it :).

Hey when does Top Gear Start again? I heard that the Veyron will probably be in this season..cant wait :thumbsup:

Buba said:
My guess: The M models pee pretty bad on a boxster S...

Buba

That's debatable. That debate doesn't belong into this thread, but I'm still going to form a list of the pros and cons. Keep in mind that the cars I'm talking about here cost about 25 000 euros, are about 4-6 years old, have 50 000 - 95 000 km on them and are equipped with leather seats and the usual stuff you might want to have in a car like this.

Ofcourse the M cars are much more powerful, more versatile, usually have more features and equipment and all in all, they offer much better deals as they have "more bang for the buck". However they look almost like an ordinary sedan or a coup?. The M3 E46 Cabriolet could come into question, but I'm afraid those won't be cheap enough for me to acquire in about 1? years.

The Porsches aren't so powerful, but then again, they don't consume so much petrol. As the M5 gulps about 15l/100km, the Porsche can be kept at a modest 8-10l/100km level. I think that translates into about 18-22mpg versus 26mpg. I would be running the car on a quite modest budget, so if I can get any savings, I want them. The point of the whole purschase is that I would bring a car from Germany pretty much tax-free (The Finnish car tax is about the highest in the whole world), keep it for 3 years which is compulsory for every tax-free car imported here. Afterwards I would sell it and get something more reasonable. That's another big plus for the Porsche, as they keep their value somewhat better than BMWs. I'm sure the Boxster S would satisfy my needs of horse power and ofcourse... A Porsche is always a Porsche. :mrgreen:

I have thought this through countless times and I have reached a conclusion that the M5 will be the car to get, if there isn't anything better. There are lots of used M5s on the market and I can always find just the right one for me. But, if I get my hands on a VERY nice Boxster or an M3, they might just pull through. So, it isn't as simple as one might think. :roll:

Porsche need more commitment i think. You probably will not use it at winter, because it's low, mid-engined (although it could be fun :)), cabrio, and I wouldn't punish such car driving it at winter. And M5 will work as any other BMW. Although I think M5 wouldn't be cheap repairing and servicing either, but what Porsche-dealers charge is crazy :) But again, they are so well built, it's not gonna be braking down very often.. if at all. And I'm not sure if you will want to sell such nice toy after 3 years :)

Nitemare said:
Mischief007 said:
No czech :). I understand some of it :).
:mrgreen:
good! how did you learn it?

I speak Polish. Both languages are pretty close. Almost anything from eastern europe is pretty close...:lol:

Haha. I actually understood it too. I speak Ukrainian, and it has some similarities with Polish (only uses cyrillic alphabet). I guess Czech is pretty close too :)

how do i maximize my upload speeds? whenever i download it goes up to 200kb/sec but whenever im seeding it- its only 22kb/s- how will i increase it?

mykogwapo69 said:
how do i maximize my upload speeds? whenever i download it goes up to 200kb/sec but whenever im seeding it- its only 22kb/s- how will i increase it?

Wrong place to post this...

try technical or look in the problems forum.

hokie's right, and do a search in the problems forum before you post :)

Re: ahoj ?

Nitemare said:
tomas.flegl said:
TechZ said:
download and seed :)

i just left it seeding on teh Uni pc :D
asi si z cech tak ti musim bohuzel oznamit ze jestli mas pripjeni pres CDMA tak mas problem a vetsina veci ti nepujde
ahoj!
on neni z cech ale z Bahrainu, to co vidis v jeho podpisu je TVOJE pripojeni, ne jeho :bangin:

wow I didnt understand any of that, anyone mind translating :(

The original poster should translate. I don't want to take anything out of context. :) As close as Polish and Czech are, there are always words that will make you go...huh... :)

Ok ... :blink:

I don't know who was seeding this thirty minutes ago but I started the torrent and went away and when I came back ...

:shock: "completed in 6min. 26sec." Must've been more than 500Kb/sec to be that fast !

'Going to watch it now. :tvhappy:

A nice episode. And the quality (as everyone here has said) is marvellous! :bow: Vicky's stunts were great! But who's that Jon Bentley guy? Is he new or am I just so blind that I haven't noticed him in previous episodes? :?

Im getting awesome speeds over here.. 490kb/sec.

So many aussies in here too.. Thanks VUK & the final gear team!

TechZ said:
wow I didnt understand any of that, anyone mind translating :(
it's just that tomas.flegl saw your nice PHP scripted signature, and he thought that shows your IP and ISP, not his :) he has a CDMA connection via a mobile phone, which is relatively fast but a lot of stuff including torrents doesn't work with it