[07x01] November 13th, 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webmonkey

Former BBC TG Webmaster
In the first of a new series of Top Gear Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May head for the Isle of Man to decide which is best: the new baby Aston Martin - the V8 Vantage, BMW M6 or Porsche 911 Carrera S; car cultures clash when the Austin Healey Sprite takes on a Peugeot 307 in a hill climb challenge and a supercar - the Ascari AKZ1 takes to the track.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/

Yay, Isle of Man :thumbsup:

Raven18940 said:
Only 6?!? :(
its old news! they were a little worn out from the previous season i guess.

Raven18940 said:
Only 6?!? :(

don't worry it's more us being far more updated than normal ...

haz

amv8, m6 and 911 s. holy crap, that should be wicked!!! :thumbsup:

6 episodes just mean less filller more craziness..

m6.. oh.. it cant lose.. not this time..

but then again the AMV8.. .. better styled.. plus near equal handling.. hard to guess..
its gonna be good.. a week and 6 days left..

It's gonna be fun to watch but the test will be rubbish for 2 reasons:
the Vantage is an Aston and has to win, and the M6 is far to big to be tested against the other cars. It should have been Jag XKR vs M6 vs DB9 or some other GT-cars.

Nonetheless, i will enjoy it :shock:

OMG... Can't wait

Jeremy and Hammond will going to go for the Aston, James will favor the Porsche, and nobody will like the M6. Of course, they'll introduce some special twist where Jeremy will suddenly announce that he hates the Vantage and will drive off with the M6.

Place your bets, fellow forum junkies! :D

actually Jeremy loves the M6, this will be a little interesting.

Woo! Isle of Man!

Fun will ensue.

Blaro. How do we know that Hammond will go for the Aston? He is a 911 nut after all. I see the M6 being left in the cold, Jezza and May for the Aston and Hamster for the 997.

Jeremy and Hammond will going to go for the Aston, James will favor the Porsche,

actually it could go any way:

Clarkson wasn't incredibly bowled over by the aston in the TG Mag road test. He was pretty diaspointed about the acceleration. But he did love the noise and I think the handling impressed - although the ford-esque penny pinching in the interior irked him IIRC

May is an aston man - no doubt about it. Although he has a 911, he loves the old V8 vantage and in the november issue of TGM, he went up to bat for the aston

Hammond is a 911 man - he did the opposite of may in the same article.

however I think they both came away with the aston just clinching it because of the soul.. or something...

So here's my predictions:

M6 - phenomenal - but the idrive will piss them off as usual
Porsche - Best machine
Aston - best overal - Noise and soul will win them over.

Status
Not open for further replies.