[07x01] November 13th, 2005

I've got to say the funniest bit for me was the Stig coming through on the luggage conveyor belt and then getting wheeled off by Jezza - pure hilarity! :D

Now my 2 cents about the show.

It was funny but I wouldn't say it was that good nor was it bad.
I have missed it alot but they still need to work on their acting abit more or stop having Hamster act suprise when told about the car name and then he start showing inside of the car like he knew all along about it.

It's just too stupid.
Have JC do the showing the inside or explaining something and let hamster and May act suprise like they didn't know it.

Even thou they know it.

Car reviews was porly done.

They need to take hints from FG.

That should set you all on fire.

What can I say? Just another fantastic episode of this great show. Not the best, just because it lacked variety... but that happens when they do these segments where they take the three cars to the Isle of Man (or Iceland for instance).

The Isle of Man part was hilarious though... Stig coming in on the carousel at the airport... Richard's inside-out umbrella... :D Couldn't stop laughing...

I'm sort of pissed about the Aston not impressing them as much. I love that car... despite never having drive any of them, the Aston's looks would just prevent me from buying the M6 (wouldn't even consider the 911).

But who was the Start in a Reasonably Priced Car guy? Totally boring, and I usually like the guest segments.

You know what excited me the most though, the previews. Looks like they're gonna do away with shit segments and just pack the six episodes with the best of the best.

The smack in Finland must be top notch mate. 8)

Scud said:
Now my 2 cents about the show.

It was funny but I wouldn't say it was that good nor was it bad.
I have missed it alot but they still need to work on their acting abit more or stop having Hamster act suprise when told about the car name and then he start showing inside of the car like he knew all along about it.

It's just too stupid.
Have JC do the showing the inside or explaining something and let hamster and May act suprise like they didn't know it.

Even thou they know it.

Car reviews was porly done.

They need to take hints from FG.

That should set you all on fire.

what an excellent episode!!! i cant wait to see the 10000 pound supercar challenge....

and overheat!!! thanx a ton man you rock!!!!

fantastic epsiode, had my head on my desk laughing so hard, yet also very interesting. Not surprised Hammond and james choose the 997 over the amv8. Also not surprised Clarkson didn't give in... i wouldn't have either. I'm soo happy TG is back! I can't believe these guys... giving eachother the finger, calling eachother cock, saying '10 of the 13 worst cars are french, no wonder they're burning them right now.' I love it! I only hope they stab at Fifth gear :evil:

I thought the Paris joke was a little cheap, even for Clarkson. Perhaps he should have said something like "You know all the cars being blown up in Paris, it's because they're so horrid." It would probably have been safer, but still, funny.

Well that was certainly worth the wait, I'm still amazed that they manage to produce a show that appeals to petrol heads like me AND that's funny enough to get my girlfriend and parents to tune in.

Thought they got the three car challenge verdict right, by most (all?) dynamic measures the Porsche is the best car, but if you don't like the image (or looks) of the 911 the other two are fine substitutes. But they were right about the M6 though... given that sort of money to spend on a car I'd be at the nearest BMW dealer placing the order for the M5 (or possibly waiting for the next-gen M3) then putting the rest of the cash in a very big envelope and sending it to Arial... :mrgreen:

To be honest, there's not a lot I can add to what's already been said. The upcoming shows look great, the presenting team just keeps getting better and better as do the production values. One thing I did want to say though... considering we know just how bad JC's back is at the moment am I the only one who found that to be a very impressive showing? Just wheeling the Stig out of the airport had to have been a nightmare, let alone getting through what looked like two days hard driving of cars that haven't got the softest suspsension in the world.

justvisiting said:
Electrastar~Indochine said:
Lastly, allow me a girlie moment, I wish that Jeremy, James and Richard could all find a barber by next week and get a bloody haircut each!

that was the very first thing i noticed.. except i actually like richards hair.. jeremy i expect it from(he needs all the hair he can get).. but may.. why..

anyways..

that was a fantastic episode.. the editing is.. seriously getting better and better. all the traits that make top gear,..topgear.. were put on steroids.

i was extremely disappointed in the astons noise though.. its sounds so rough.. and un-classy.. i wanted a even more aggressive DB9 sound, maybe like the DBR-9. the low range grunt sounds fine, but the higher revs sound.. choppy. that review makes me reconsider getting it in the future..

also.. does the ascari look different from the one the tiff reviewed?? it seems so much faster.. and cleaner... it looks fabulous. also why did tiff say it was like a ferrari360?? seems pretty damn quick.

The Ascari is exactly the same as the one Tiff drove on FG apart from the interior is different.

S_S

speed dodici said:
fantastic epsiode, had my head on my desk laughing so hard, yet also very interesting. Not surprised Hammond and james choose the 997 over the amv8. Also not surprised Clarkson didn't give in... i wouldn't have either. I'm soo happy TG is back! I can't believe these guys... giving eachother the finger, calling eachother cock, saying '10 of the 13 worst cars are french, no wonder they're burning them right now.' I love it! I only hope they stab at Fifth gear :evil:

Personally I'd say the entire episode was a stab at Fifth Gear :p What better way to reply to the "airfield circuit" jabs than to take three of the most desireable sub-?100k cars in the world and drive them flat out in the real world with visibility of roughly zero feet? How better to show Fifth Gear's 'new' format has missed the point than by having one of the best set of studio sections I can remember (only marking it down for lack of "Jesus is here!" comments :lol: ). And all three presenters seemed so utterly at ease and ready to throw jokes and insults around the place the whole thing came off as very natural indeed, somewhat the opposite to fifth gear's interactions.

Having said all that I actually enjoy Fifth Gear, I just wish they'd try something different with regards to the format of the show instead of copying what's already succesful.

I was also on the floor after I saw James' facial expression while Richard and Jeremy were talking about early day motions.

Just finished watching it, couldn't stop laughing, all those beebs in the guest segment, the umbrellas and the next episodes looks bloody brilliant too.

Yup, I can't wait for Richard to bottom out the Zonda. :twisted:

Shit hot episode love it. I reckon that Ascari is bloody beautiful. TBH after watching that, I rate it just as highly as I rate the Koenigsegg, that's saying big big things because I rate the big K more highly than the Zonda. It's amazing, and to beat the McLaren SLR in patchy damp conditions, well it's certainly fast fast fast. IMHO Hammond was a little harsh on it for not having the 10 year old styling. That is part of what endears it to me. It's understated, yet it has just enough drama to be business. Love It.

Back to the ep, did anyone else notice that this time around they seem to have higher production values and nicer editing. The writing seemed to be better too. Which is big because it was excellent before. I even didn't mind Hammond doing a full review on the track by himself! And LOOK!! He's learned to powerslide!!

I agree with him on the Ascari... it doesn't elude much sense of drama. Not only does it not have outrageous styling (e.g. Zonda), it doesn't even have pretty design (e.g. Carrera GT).

I disagree, it's very pretty.

Well looks are subjective. I chose the wrong word though... I'm not saying the Ascari is ugly, it's just bland... in the same way the Golf GTi is bland. It's boring.

Did anyone catch what was written on the bit of paper JC had at the very end of the show, reflected into the monitor? It might be the one he used to make hammond and may shut up earlier...

edit: ugh, blind. I was looking away for the couple of minutes before the very end :( Ignore me.