[07x01] November 13th, 2005

Hm, so Vanessa Mae is off the topic. :)

I left few messages on some forums to just now. Waiting for replys now :).

(I'm about the 18:20 song) :D

ranger_dood said:
Has anyone tried doing the UK phone thing? We have some UK'ers around here... I'm hitting up everyone I know, but that style of music isn't always popular in the states.

I've tried the UK service, www.shazam.com which allow recognition of songs by putting your mobile next to speaker.

It didn't recognise the song for 18:00 - 18:40.

I used the extracted version I got from the Ford UK site:
http://media.putfile.com/Ford-uk-microsite-loop

So I'll just have to keep trying... I'm asking more people (like a crazy person)... have you heard this? are you sure? :mouse: :think:

Maybe Top Gear could provide a small subtitle when a song comes up during a car vid sequence so we can recognise the song. Maybe even include the songs in the credits... actually that would be one hell of list and I don't really want the pristine view of the cars demonstration on screen with a tacky banner at the bottom!

hmmm... anyone recognise what song and artist this is from?

SubieMY05

SubieMY05 said:
ranger_dood said:
Has anyone tried doing the UK phone thing? We have some UK'ers around here... I'm hitting up everyone I know, but that style of music isn't always popular in the states.

I've tried the UK service, www.shazam.com which allow recognition of songs by putting your mobile next to speaker.

It didn't recognise the song for 18:00 - 18:40.

I used the extracted version I got from the Ford UK site:
http://media.putfile.com/Ford-uk-microsite-loop

SubieMY05

Hey guys i,ve been watching this thread for a couple of days now and thought i'd say Hi - I,m sorry to say that from last sunday ive been sending email after email to topgear, the bbc, top gear magazine, all manner of Ford divisions (I even told them I have a new focus "very happy with it ;) ") but no response!

I have touted the music to a number of people (DJs mostly) with the music on the loop (Sterling work from Subie by the way :thumbsup: ) Isn't there more on the Ford Microsite though,

Edit- There are two loops I think, one is what you get on the main screen at the Ford site (Intro) - Click on Interior and you get taken inside the car where a second very different loop is played (the drums/bass kicks in a bit more) - could be useful to have both.

W1LLGB said:
Edit- There are two loops I think, one is what you get on the main screen at the Ford site (Intro) - Click on Interior and you get taken inside the car where a second very different loop is played (the drums/bass kicks in a bit more) - could be useful to have both.

Actually when I disassembled the flash site the music is all in one track (or in the same swf file). That means that when moving from outside of the car the flash site loops the first part of the song track and then when you move inside the car the flash site loops to the second part of the song track. Very intelligent way of assembling a seemless soundtrack in flash.

The site has been assembled really well.

If only I knew who the hell put it together ?!?! Even in the source code there is no credits to who built the site... amazing... usually there is at least something hidden away.

After listening to the Aston review again (07x01=18:00-18:40) the song track seems to continue even further than the ford uk microsite.

Maybe approaching those who are listed in the Top Gear credits could yield better success than emailing Top Gear's public address?

BTW W1LLGB nice avatar... who is she? She seems to have a perky personality. :lol:

SubieMY05

Re: TG - [07x01] - November 13th, 2005

Re: TG - [07x01] - November 13th, 2005

Volred said:
zenon said:
00:45 - 01:48 - Franz Ferdinand - Do You Want to (unknown mix?)

We're getting closer:
Franz Ferdinand - Do You Want to Erol's Glam Racket Mix is close but not exactly there

Franz Ferdinand - Do You Want To? (Max Tundra Remix) That wasnt it.

As I said earlier, it sounds like:

Franz Ferdinand - Do You Want To? (White Remix)

(featured e.g. here as 'Do You Wanna').

BTW W1LLGB nice avatar... who is she? She seems to have a perky personality.

SubieMY05

That would be "Our" Charlotte Chuch - Not exactly Britains greatest export but watching her drunken stumble from angelic child opera prodigy to bouncy pop star P155 head has been a source of amusment to us all in the Uk -

Anyway back on topic I'm going to try some more direct emailing when I find out who does the sound editing on this Sundays show - I must admit when I first saw the Ford website I thought that the 18.20 top gear music must have been commissioned by Ford for the site and that Top Gear had just bootlegged it - (Top Gear researcher finds track on Ford web site and swipes it - seems reasonable!!)

But your right - there is more of the track there on top gear - Im also sure that in addition to the violins there is some singing (operatic) which presumably will rise in loudness and go on somewhere (hopefully).

(This track does remind me of another which took me ages to find though - Declamation by Chris Payne - a great piece of music used in loads of stuff but turned out to only be 68 secs long...gutted)

It does have a bit of a hybrid sound to it but then again thats been checked. Who knows, maybe its unreleased. I just keep getting frustrated because when I found this forum I was so excited but now it seems like my favorite songs from every episode are the only ones no one can find. :cry:

20:12 - 21:08 (as the Aston's hood shuts to the intro of the M6)

The good... I bought this song on iTunes :mrgreen:

The bad... I didnt back up my iTunes purchased music when I reformatted :cry:

No clue what song it is but I'm looking

MrMan said:
The 18:20 song is what I've been looking for since they had it with the Pagani Zonda Roadster

I can only recall the PZR bit after they emerge from the tunnel, and that song would be Azzido da Bass - Dooms Night.

Luckily for me, I study at a campus that has a lot of music and music composition students on it (Trent Park @ Middlesex - YEAAAAHH!!!) and i've offered ?50 to anyone that can guess the name of the 18:20 track and the artist. So far - there are 13 very grumpy stoners wandering around checking vinyl collections :lol: :roll:

fordsierra4x4 said:
Luckily for me, I study at a campus that has a lot of music and music composition students on it (Trent Park @ Middlesex - YEAAAAHH!!!) and i've offered ?50 to anyone that can guess the name of the 18:20 track and the artist. So far - there are 13 very grumpy stoners wandering around checking vinyl collections :lol: :roll:
oh thanks :thumbsup:
?50 :shock:

FWIW, the instrumental Kanye West Remix thingie is available on Limewire. It's much better to not hear him ruin the music! :lol:
W1LLGB, your avatar is awesome! :p

Doesn't the 18:20 song sound very very much like hybrid? I mean, I checked ALL of their albums and couldn't find it. However, there may be a collaboration, single or anything that we missed...? Still nobody with contacts at Ford? ;-)

Cheers

P.

whizz said:
fordsierra4x4 said:
oh thanks :thumbsup:
?50 :shock:

Yes, ?50. I'm that desperate. Besides. If i find out what it is before any of you, i can always blackmail you all for a fiver each :lol: :roll:

I'm a huge Hybrid fan and I must say it does sound a lot like their stuff. However I haven't heard it on any of their albums or live sets that I have. Has anyone tried posting it up over at hybridized.org? I've heard that community knows pretty much everything about the group.

EDIT: I also have an e-mail into ford and haven't heard anything back from them yet.

Who ho! I know one! haha

26:18 - 26:44: Hybrid - Blackout

Also dying to know the following like everyone else....
18:20 - 18:45 - I agree this almost *has* to be Hybrid, but I still don't know it!
20:12 - 21:08 -