[07x02] November 20th, 2005

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
If you've seen it, discuss here.

RS4 - fucking love it

damn good overall, cept for ian fuckin right and a slight drop with the BRG history (but interesting ntl)

and the cayman - nice surprise :mrgreen:

(I like the way it looks........ :? )

waiting for the rip :woot:

Background thing was a bit dull. And I didn't get what the remote control car stuff was about, looked like quickly put together, dunno. Was funny to watch, but somehow I couldnt really see the point.

Anyway, sweet episode.

Didn't expect that guy with such an agressive style, running wide all the time etc, to come in that high on the list.

RS4 was nice, too bad they didn't show the lap of it on the track. :(

Yikes!

Yikes!

The RS4 bit...gah that's a car!

What piece of music is playing when he jumps off the cliff? It's one used regularly on TG, there are two chords (it's classical) and a triplet rising arpeggio every second time the melody goes around...it's used whenever something amazing happens

L

Really enjoyed the Cayman review - I love it when they let Clarkson loose on a car. I laughed out loud when he said the bit about rabes. I wonder who scripts his stuff, it's very well researched :)

Ian Wright got on my nerves somewhat - but he's a dirty southerner so it's to be expected :p

Was quite a Clarkson orientated episode really, but I often see that as a good thing. The other two's section was pretty dull. Though it amused me when the BMW sent the camera flying.

Re: Yikes!

Re: Yikes!

Good start (Cayman), good end (RS4) crap filling in between.

Psychobiker said:
What piece of music is playing when he jumps off the cliff? It's one used regularly on TG, there are two chords (it's classical) and a triplet rising arpeggio every second time the melody goes around...it's used whenever something amazing happens.

I think it's on one of the Matrix soundtracks.

I've Teh Matrix and Reloaded soundtracks....I'm not convinced though. Will have a listen. you know the piece I'm on about, quite ethereal

i loved the way they used a camera arm on the cockourse, there director was good on the camera work but a stupid stupid mind....

also after watching top gear and harry potter tonight, ive decided i want to be a camera man,, what a sweet job that would be...

goes off and looks in the jobs section.....

A 7/10 for that episode but still very enjoyable, the RS4 sequence just goes to show that TG has some of the best editors and directors about :)

As for the music, there's a forum for that sort of question... But ifyou can't wait, from your description it sounds like "Speed me Towards Death" by Rob Dugan

No problem :)

Along with 'Molossus' from Batman Begins it seems to be one of their favorite tracks...

God, that soundtrack is fabulous! I've got a kilowatt of gear in my living room, with a 15" sub tuned to 25Hz....the Batman Begins soundtrack is quite something with that

our keyboard player and I went through three bottles of wine last night perusing her compositions....not unlike some of Dougan's stuff. Cross Rob D with The Piano soundtrack...bingo

Psychobiker, please use the edit button instead of repeatedly posting after yourself. ;)

And you can't make new threads in the "What's That Song?" area, only reply to existing ones. I just made a thread for this episode though: http://forum.finalgear.com/viewtopic.php?t=8289

pdanev said:
I didn't get what the remote control car stuff was about, looked like quickly put together, dunno. Was funny to watch, but somehow I couldnt really see the point.

What was the point of the Caravan Conkers, or the Car Darts etc.

Just a little light-hearted vehicular destruction for entertainment value

It would seem he does it himself. He mentioned off-camera at the recording that they had recently been nominated for an Emmy award for "Best Unscripted Programme" and Clarkson cringed over how much time he spends pouring over a computer writing the show.