[07x02] November 20th, 2005

Is it "Rise" by Craig Armstrong??

Is it "Rise" by Craig Armstrong??

51:42 - 54:04 - Craig Armstrong - Rise

Firstly, I believe the times to be 51:42 to 55:33 (not 54:04).

If the version of "Rise" that I have is anything to go by, I'm certain this is incorrect.

On the UKTV version, it plays throughout their race up the mountain. About 35 seconds after it ends, Rob Dougan (Speed Me Towards Death) starts and they start the race back down the mountain.

This is Amazon's excerpt:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/clipserve/B000024ZOM001008/026-3808995-5038067

If you listen to the excerpt and compare it to the one used, they're completely different.

Any ideas?

In deed it stops @ 55:33 (changed that) but it is the same song as in the clip, the clip starts at 40 second in the song itself.
it is the same song, tho the excerpt clip is very bad quality and i agree it sounds a bit odd/different. but definatly its still the same song.

this song I'm looking for:

It starts about 1:40 and goes until about 2:16. I believe it's used in other parts of the episode as well. Many thanks!

hey does anyone know the song that starts at 21:05 and ends at 21:48? it sounds like a OST song

17:35-:17:51

Ennio Morricone - "Poker d'Assi"

This is from the soundtrack from "For a Few Dollars More," though it is also used in "Death Rides a Horse."

Full list for 7x02 has been added above. Please let me know if you know the remaining 2 songs.

ADDED:
Robert Plant - Tin Pan Valley
UNKLE - Blackout
Ammoncontact - Temple Jam
Bodyrockers - For One Night Only
Starsailor - Four to the Floor (Soulsavers Mix)
Graeme Revell - Premiership Medley
Primal Scream - Vanishing Dub
Braund Reynolds - Rocket
Hilmar ?rn Hilmarsson, Sigur R?s - Shave
Hilmar ?rn Hilmarsson, Sigur R?s - Helpless
Sigur R?s - Hafss?l

51:42 - 54:04 - Craig Armstrong - Rise

Firstly, I believe the times to be 51:42 to 55:33 (not 54:04).

If the version of "Rise" that I have is anything to go by, I'm certain this is incorrect.

On the UKTV version, it plays throughout their race up the mountain. About 35 seconds after it ends, Rob Dougan (Speed Me Towards Death) starts and they start the race back down the mountain.

This is Amazon's excerpt:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/clipserve/B000024ZOM001008/026-3808995-5038067

If you listen to the excerpt and compare it to the one used, they're completely different.

Any ideas?
semt-x said:
In deed it stops @ 55:33 (changed that) but it is the same song as in the clip, the clip starts at 40 second in the song itself.
it is the same song, tho the excerpt clip is very bad quality and i agree it sounds a bit odd/different. but definatly its still the same song.
Even though this was discussed a long time ago, I think it needs to be cleared up. I just watched this episode on UKTV Gold, and the music playing was not Craig Armstrong - Rise. Hopefully someone who has watched the episode on UKTV Gold (they play the show enough as it is) knows what the song is.

It might well be that they edttied different music to the UKTV Gold edition ( prolly due to copyright rules orso).
so unless there is a clip of the part you describe it will be very hardto identify

Yeah, that must be the case. I'll certainly get a recording, problem is that it's hard to tell when it'll come onto rotation again on UKTV.

anyone know where i can download Sigur Ross/Hilmar Orn Hilmarsson's "Shave" for free? ive been looking everywhere but i cant seem to find a place.

Season 7 Episode 2: Mountain Climbing Challenge - Alternate music

Season 7 Episode 2: Mountain Climbing Challenge - Alternate music

In Finland the mountain Climbing challenge has been shown with an alternative set of music. A "Best of vol. IV" collection has just been aired and it consists of Season 7's highlights.

There's only one but.

The Mountain Climbing Challenge was shown in SE7EP2. It's musics are listed in the first post of this thread. The "Best of vol. IV" collection's Mountain Climbing doesn't have those tracks. Finnish TG fans know what I'm talking about. Now I need to know which song is the one that begins as Clarkson and the two climbers finish their agreement on betting the fiver for the challenge and they all set off. In the original version there was the song "Rise" from Craig Armstrong. What is the oh-so-groovy dance song in the Finnish Best of -version?

Please help. :unsure:

//EDIT: The Best of IV included not just Series 7 clips, but also clips from other seasons.

Last edited:
there is another version or Edit of the review of the RS4 because ive noticed there was a different song playing in the background of the climbers race, where Rise by craig armstrong shud be playing theres clearly a different song, and its driving me insane because i need this song!! i recorded the song, you can here the review in the background,

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/11/1/339717/Top Gear Audi RS4 Alternate Music.wma

ive noticed this in the ferrari f430 review as well

any help would be much apprieciated! thanks!

there is another version or Edit of the review of the RS4 because ive noticed there was a different song playing in the background of the climbers race, where Rise by craig armstrong shud be playing theres clearly a different song, and its driving me insane because i need this song!! i recorded the song, you can here the review in the background,

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/11/1/339717/Top Gear Audi RS4 Alternate Music.wma

ive noticed this in the ferrari f430 review as well

any help would be much apprieciated! thanks!

YES, that is exactly the song I mean, too! Please, oh experts of music, help us, I need to find this song!

YES, that is exactly the song I mean, too! Please, oh experts of music, help us, I need to find this song!

I have been waiting for a reply for this post for almost a year now, and I still haven't found out the name of the song...Could someone help me? If you look at my last post, there's a link, posted by thesupahfly, which takes you to download/listen the song I am looking for.

Any music experts there? Or is there some other forums, for example a music forum where this could be discussed and solved?:blink:

Please help!

I have been waiting for a reply for this post for almost a year now, and I still haven't found out the name of the song...Could someone help me? If you look at my last post, there's a link, posted by thesupahfly, which takes you to download/listen the song I am looking for.

Any music experts there? Or is there some other forums, for example a music forum where this could be discussed and solved?:blink:

Please help!

Me too, so, if anyone knows the name of the song please post it here!;)

You would make me so glad!:D