[07x04] December 4th, 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webmonkey

Former BBC TG Webmaster
On this week's Top Gear can you buy a decent mid engined Italian supercar for under ten grand? What is faster in a race through the streets of Lisbon - a mountain bike or a car? A British sports car - the Marcos TSO-GT takes to the track and record breaking yachtswoman Ellen MacArthur is this week's Star in a Reasonably Priced Car.

It'll be worth it cuz it has the awsome "Italian supercar for under ten grand segment" :thumbsup:

There will be some harsh comments about those poor old beasts ...... can't wait!!

haz

Can't wait to see the 10 grand Italian exotica - I'm guessing five miles before they break down. Should be a right laugh to watch though.

Marcos will be good. Don't hear much of their cars really...

Can't wait for the 'Italian supercar for under ten grand' :D

They're going to get wrecked. All of them. Hammond will drizzle his car with marinara sauce. Oh, the humanity! :cry:

this episode will be fantastic of course, the Marcos TSO-GT should be interesting to see on the track. But the cheap italian supercar segment will be the real reason for watching this.

Re: [07x04] December 4th, 2005

bbc.co.uk/topgear/ said:
What is faster in a race through the streets of Lisbon - a mountain bike or a car?

:shock: They were here!! probably during the Red Bull bike championship...

bihus said:
bbc.co.uk/topgear/ said:
What is faster in a race through the streets of Lisbon - a mountain bike or a car?

You missed them Bihus? Where did they hold the race? Was it in the Madredeus section?

Should be a nice episode, specially when one gets to see home!

Lusitano said:
bihus said:
bbc.co.uk/topgear/ said:

You missed them Bihus? Where did they hold the race? Was it in the Madredeus section?

I live between Aveiro and Porto. It was in Lisbon, and if it was where the Red Bull race took place in 2003, it should be in Mouraria, or one of those neighboorhoods (bairros). Madredeus is a musical group.

bihus said:
Lusitano said:
bihus said:
bbc.co.uk/topgear/ said:

I live between Aveiro and Porto. It was in Lisbon, and if it was where the Red Bull race took place in 2003, it should be in Mouraria, or one of those neighboorhoods (bairros). Madredeus is a musical group.

Mountain Biking is my first hobby, and from what ive heard it will be a British rider called Gee Atherton racing a Clio. I cant wait!
Following taken from an MTB forum -

Just came back from Lisbon where Top Gear shot a segment for an upcoming show. Bike versus car in the streets of Lisbon. Gee raced down the Lisbon Downtown course, and the car was the new Renault Clio going on a separate course using streets instead of stairs. You'll have to wait and see the show to see who wins...and as soon as I know the UK airing date, I will post it. The producers and director were super impressed by Gee and did a lot of filming with him, extra bits that weren't originally planned. As Top Gear goes out to 5.8 million viewers in the UK and more than 200 million world wide on BBC World, it should be great exposure for all concerned...

Martin Whiteley
CEO/Director
23 Degrees Sports Management S.L.

marcos_eirik said:
Ohh, finally the Marcos TSO GT2, I can't wait for that... :woot:
o yea, i remembered that you love this car.

bihus said:
Lusitano said:
bihus said:
bbc.co.uk/topgear/ said:

Oh, come on, Bihus!! Are you taking me for an idiot? :shock: Madredeus is also an neighborhood in Lisbon, that is why the group is named as such.
Eu sei quem s?o os Madredeus; afinal tenho aqui um monte de cds deles. :)

By the way, where do you live exactly? I am from Antes (small town in the Mealhada area).

Lusitano said:
bihus said:
Lusitano said:
bihus said:
bbc.co.uk/topgear/ said:

Oh, come on, Bihus!! Are you taking me for an idiot? :shock: Madredeus is also an neighborhood in Lisbon, that is why the group is named as such.
Eu sei quem s?o os Madredeus; afinal tenho aqui um monte de cds deles. :)

By the way, where do you live exactly? I am from Antes (small town in the Mealhada area).

Oops... N?o me lembrei que tamb?m era um bairro... Tens raz?o. :blush:
I'm from a small village near Oliveira de Azem?is and S?o Jo?o da Madeira.

bihus said:

Not too far from my town. Maybe a drink is in order on my next visit. :)

Lusitano said:
bihus said:

Not too far from my town. Maybe a drink is in order on my next visit. :)

Sure, drop me a line. I'll take the S2000, to show you that lower is better. :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.