[07x04] December 4th, 2005

Ultra_Kool_Dude said:
Great episode as always.

One thing I noticed is that it's the first time that a really fast car wasn't tested by Jezza. :)

What about the Ascari? :p

Ianspeed said:
Ultra_Kool_Dude said:
Great episode as always.

One thing I noticed is that it's the first time that a really fast car wasn't tested by Jezza. :)

And the 911 GT3, the Corvette C6, the NSX-R, the TVR T350c.....

Jimi Hendrix said:
Ianspeed said:
Ultra_Kool_Dude said:
Great episode as always.

And the 911 GT3, the Corvette C6, the NSX-R, the TVR T350c.....

I should have said "potential record breaking cars". :)

Please forget everything I said about the Zonda before. I take it back.
The sound is just monumental, and that dark one that was on the studio... :twisted:

As said before, the Zonda segmant was extremely short and lackluster. It's like they had enough material for 9 episodes but decided to do only 6, and now they're cramming everything together to make way for almost an entire episode dedicated to the Veyron. It's a shame, really.

Lusitano said:
I am watching this episode for the Nth time, and notice Richard wiping his left eye.
Was he crying? Overcome with joy, perhaps?

Not crying but teary eyed i would say. As he said, he tried to think of smart things to say as he blasted down the straight but couldnt, was just overwhelmed by the exprience.

A bit disapointing ... the italian supercars really were junk, and made most of the challenges a "try to get to the end" challenge ... and again, Hammond arguably picked the best of the bunch. I was just a bit sad JC went all the way to destroying the engine. Kind of a shame. On a 928, it's alright, on a Starion, who cares ... wait ... do I see a trend here? :lol:
Zonda F, I'm glad it blew the doors of the MC Hammer, and they spent pretty all last show about the C12S, so the 2 seconds of Zonda F were fair enough ...
Ellen McArthur was great. Not necesserily funny, but really nice nonetheless. Different from the usual guys ...
The Clio bit was a tad too staged, but it was fun seeing the bike go down.

Overall ... meh, I've only watched it twice this afternoon. :lol: Actually, I felt it lacked a bit of action, especially for the supercars segment. I guess 10 grand was really too cheap for such cars ...

I just sooooo can't wait for next week though ... Veyron ... oooooh yes!!!

Been thinking things over while at work. I have to say the Italian sports car thingie feels very much like unfinished business, I can NOT believe that they wouldn't at least try to repair the cars (well j?zza is probably screwed, but I don't think the other cars are impossible to repair..). I mean some of them did actually have some change left from the money they were given. The didn't even sum up the points on the chart ffs.

Ianspeed said:
OMG! Congradulations!! Its absolutely the way to go. Stop deaming about it and grab it. :thumbsup: Please tell me you have many more pictures of your 928 to share. I always loved that porsche.

Is it a GTS?

Thanks :) It's a 928S. They're basically the same, a few more horses (not much, speaking of percentages). I don't have traction control though, but then again with this sort of horsepower it's much more fun (=dangerous) without :mrgreen:

Don't have alot of pics of it unfortunately, it's turned winter so the car is all dirty these days and that's not something I'd like to photograph and show people. Real cars are supposed to be driven all year, right?

The first pic is a bit closer to reality when it comes to the color really.

p928_regn2.jpg

It's difficult to photograph a dark car, especially when the light is a bit weird:

p928_fram-vinkel.jpg

I thought this episode was the highlight of the season so far - I had tears rolling down my cheeks in the supercar segment. That said I cant wait for next week! :)

kosmoskatten said:
Thanks :) It's a 928S. They're basically the same, a few more horses (not much, speaking of percentages). I don't have traction control though, but then again with this sort of horsepower it's much more fun (=dangerous) without :mrgreen:

Don't have alot of pics of it unfortunately, it's turned winter so the car is all dirty these days and that's not something I'd like to photograph and show people. Real cars are supposed to be driven all year, right?

The first pic is a bit closer to reality when it comes to the color really.

p928_regn2.jpg

It's difficult to photograph a dark car, especially when the light is a bit weird:

p928_fram-vinkel.jpg

wow... My neighbor was trying to sell me his 928s.
I didn't want to buy it because it was so old and I wouldn't know the condition of the car until after I buy it, since problems on used cars usually appear weeks to months after you buy it. In addition, he bought the car second hand... so what the previous owner did before he is totally unknown.

Tha_bounce said:
Lusitano said:
I am watching this episode for the Nth time, and notice Richard wiping his left eye.

Not crying but teary eyed i would say. As he said, he tried to think of smart things to say as he blasted down the straight but couldnt, was just overwhelmed by the exprience.

No you're both wrong. The Zonda was so fast it sucked the fluids from his eyeball. :p

Captain Morgan said:
Tha_bounce said:
Lusitano said:

No you're both wrong. The Zonda was so fast it sucked the fluids from his eyeball. :p

Supercharged airconditioning?

Lusitano said:
Thanks, driedees, I knew I recognized those streets at the beginning. And you are right about the translation of what the lady said.

De nada! (you're welkom in Portuguese) Nice to see fellow Portuguese petrol heads on the net!

This episode is one of the few I actually watched more than once! Even the Cpt. Slow and Cpt. Theeth Withening jokes keep being funny.
Can't wait till next week and the Veyron, imo this car deserves much airtime, it's one of a kind TG is the best platform to inform us simple and humble folks :D

Fiesta3 said:
Bad editing on the fast lap: there are two different Lianas!
explain.
that Zonda in the studio looked downright sinister 8)

About this week's episode ...

WHEN is NEXT Week ???

(talking about the Veyron Teaser at the end of the show)

^ :roll: Sunday