[07x04] December 4th, 2005

Fiesta3 said:
Bad editing on the fast lap: there are two different Lianas!

Maybe one of them broke again, so they had to change. (I would like to know how many gearboxes the BBC already had to order - probably they are classified as VIP customers meanwhile or Suzuki is slowly ruining themselves by replacing them on warranty :lol: )

kosmoskatten said:
Been thinking things over while at work. I have to say the Italian sports car thingie feels very much like unfinished business, I can NOT believe that they wouldn't at least try to repair the cars (well j?zza is probably screwed, but I don't think the other cars are impossible to repair..). I mean some of them did actually have some change left from the money they were given. The didn't even sum up the points on the chart ffs.

Repairing those cars, :lol: Hammond probably will. because I just found this article from 11 november 2005. In which Hammond says that he owns a Ferrari 308 GT4. has to be the same one ! I think :roll:

LINK REMOVED

Last edited:
Duell said:
Repairing those cars, :lol: Hammond probably will. because I just found this article from 11 november 2005. In which Hammond says that he owns a Ferrari 308 GT4. has to be the same one ! I think :roll:

I saw that article not too long ago, and after watching this episode I tried searching again to see if he kept the 308gt. Since the whole thing talks about how much of a packrat he and his wife are, I assumed that he would keep it.

and ... Hurray for Ellen ! Fastest on the Sea , fastest on the Track ! Very impressive lady ! :D

I thought the cheap supercar challenge was a let-down as well. When they had all broken down they should have given them another 10k to fix them up and continue the challenges, ending up with trying to sell the cars for 20k. This would have been realistic because that is what you or I would try if we bought a bargain italian supercar, ie spend another fortune on it and tell everyone its worth twice as much as it actually is.

GaZ

but thats a lot of money for the producers to just kinda throw away. that totals to 60K right there, and i bet they wouldnt even get most of it back anyway :lol:

I just watched it and thought it was an o.k. episode. It was going to be hard to be better than last weeks episode...

*I wait for next week* :ph34r:

SL65AMG~V12~604BHP!!!!!!! said:
I just watched it and thought it was an o.k. episode. It was going to be hard to be better than last weeks episode...

Are you kidding? The cars, the music. JC sweating like a pig while trying to change a set of plugs (!)? What more can one ask for. :D Plus the condensed Zonda F review to start it off. :shock: God, I love that car.

One of my fav's I must say. . . but I _love_ old cars, and would love to have any of the three 70's supercars (I'm even looking on autotrader.com).

Ianspeed said:
SL65AMG~V12~604BHP!!!!!!! said:

Are you kidding? The cars, the music. JC sweating like a pig while trying to change a set of plugs (!)? What more can one ask for. :D Plus the condensed Zonda F review to start it off. :shock: God, I love that car.

One of my fav's I must say. . . but I _love_ old cars, and would love to have any of the three 70's supercars (I'm even looking on autotrader.com).
Yeh I usually go into more detail when I talk about an episode but I'm a tad lazy today :p

Well the Zonda F review was so..."like its been done before". The whole "The power is amazing!!!!!" and "OH LISTEN TO THE NOISE!"
^I don't know if thats exactly what Richard said but I'm sure its close. Its so been overused on TopGear. Also that review was way to short and revealed nothing new or interesting to me.
The CCC was ok except they have been getting somewhat progressivly worse since the first one in 2004 which was hilarious.
This episode wasnt bad by any means, its just, I have such high expectations of TG now that even a great episode like this actually gets scaled down to "ok" in my books.

SL65 said:
^I don't know if thats exactly what Richard said but I'm sure its close. Its so been overused on TopGear. Also that review was way to short and revealed nothing new or interesting to me.

this has been mentioned before... there was nothing to talk about the zonda... only the new stuff which was pretty much it... they've done everything they could with the zonda already... plus the last episode... we spent about 20mins looking at a zonda.

SL65 said:
The CCC was ok except they have been getting somewhat progressivly worse since the first one in 2004 which was hilarious.
however, I agree 100% on that... I actually laughed my head off in that episode with less than 100pounds car, but not so much with this.

The challenge was not that great.

Sure it was funny thanks to the crew.
But the challenges sucked big time and they didn't do it 100%.

The zonda episode was what 3 minutes long.
That's worse the old FG and it looked alot slower then the Maserati but somehow was faster.
It was an OK episode not good just OK.

You guys are one tough crowd to please. I thought the whole thing was perfect and hillarious. The Zonda segment was perfect, for god's sake they spent probably 20 minutes on just the Zonda let alone the other supercars last week.

I loved the dyno part and seeing Clarkson's SS badges and loss of power.

bartboy9891 said:
Fiesta3 said:
explain
Ellen drove the fast lap in an 03 plate Liana but in the first corner the car has a 52 plate.
They probably took the first corner shots from a practice lap (by mistake?).

Fiesta3 said:
bartboy9891 said:
Fiesta3 said:
explain
Ellen drove the fast lap in an 03 plate Liana but in the first corner the car has a 52 plate.

they do it all the time

like the guests are making all the noises and faces in their fastest lap
they just make a compilation of them all, and give the time of the fastest lap

Fiesta3 said:
bartboy9891 said:
Fiesta3 said:
explain

When will you people realize they show a compilation of the best scenes?
It?s not the the times are fake, but the lap wasn?t exactly the one shown.

Re: [07x04] December 4th, 2005

Hats off to Top Gear for their tribute to Richard Burns. No insult to the late great George Best, but whilst his death was deserved of all the news coverage, Richard Burns did at least deserve a decent mention in the media, and so far as I've been able to tell, he didn't really get one. I actually heard about his death on EuroNews, but BBC, Sky, ITN didn't even make a mention.

As for the rest of the ep, surprise about the two records, but the rest of the show was very recycled in my opinion. They really need some more fresh ideas because we've seen the budget challenges too many times and same goes for the race James was in, which was made worse by the fact that it seemed totally fake (bike jumping over, how convincing is that?).

I just hope the Veryon (sp!) race doesn't turn about to be as predictable.