[07x05] December 11th, 2005

zeoniks said:
But.... Why haven't they put it around the track? I'm dying to know!!!
I'm wanting to know aswell!! They had the car in the studio..

Ianspeed said:
andyhui01 said:
Ferrarienzo said:
Trough speedocam

that is not legally possible... right now it may seem obvious that Jeremy clarkson is speeding... but no one can prove it. As soon as they show that JC is doing 200kph on a public road, Top gear is going to get into alot of trouble.

Yep. I'm no expert on UK/EU law, but in the litigious US at least, this is what makes the car show so ungodly, unwatchably, bad. Even looking like you encourage speeding can be a problem here. It makes me want to move to the UK... which I might after school.

BBC? You listening? Can I work for Top Gear please? :mrgreen:
I would assume that the government would have a hard time prosecuting JC for "speeding". The only way that would happen would be if the government could prove it was actually him driving the car. For all they knew there was someone else driving at that speed. It would be a hard fight.

Upload finished a few minutes ago. It's now fully posted to a.b.multimedia :)

They did show him using the cars entire HP (1001) So you gotta assume he wasn't just ambling along the motorway :lol:

Do you want to drive a 1.2 million dollar supercar around a track?

Knowing that the company you work for will pay for it?

kronz said:
Do you want to drive a 1.2 million dollar supercar around a track?

Knowing that the company you work for will pay for it?

Hell yes! Its one of six demonstrators - four of which are test mules. (if i remember correctly). So most are going to be destroyed (as per the rules) anyway.

I think its seen as one of the 'impossible' cars. It exists, but you'll never know a person who has one... so whats the point of sending it around the track to take the scalps of the lesser cars?

(much like JC's beef with the McLaren F1 being to expensive to even include.)

And look on the bright side, the Zonda stays No 1!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Great episode, the Veryon is definitely an amazing car. A great finish to the race, even if it wasnt 100% real :roll: Tough to say, but it was another great episode of TG :thumbsup:

SL65AMG~V12~604BHP!!!!!!! said:
The bit with the Porsches was allrite. I don't even know which Carrera won...

The 4wd Porsche was faster by .5 seconds.

It was a good race but the SLR is still the best of them all. The outcome of the race didn't matter that much as the entire segment was dedicated solely to the Veyron. Yeah it was disappointing they couldn't track the Veyron :x . They better do so this series. I don't think I've ever seen Clarkson this ecstatic about anything.

The Veyron is epic... but I was dissapointed with the race. Yeah I laughed at the antics of Hammond and May, but it just didn't have the tension of the previous races. I never really felt engaged with the race.

Hammond and May using trains and busses to get from Geneva to Verbier in the 612 vs. plane race made sense -- it's what people going on a ski trip would do. I can let the choice of taking boats to get from Kristiansand to Olso slide since they needed some way of getting from from one place to the other (and it continued the water travel idea). But the forced landing due to James not being qualified for night flying smacked of deus ex machina.

JoeBlo1 said:
I don't think I've ever seen Clarkson this ecstatic about anything

I'd say he was pretty ecstatic when he drove the Carrera GT for the first time. Not quite like this but close...

Ok to rather boring episode. Didnt stir any emotion in me, no excitment, no WOW.

-The Marcos is pretty cool. Nice car looks and looks fun to drive.
-The Veyron - the car it self is cool, top speed, the sound the nifty details. If i could afford one, i'd still buy a Zonda F instead.
-The race - boring, boring boring, all that speeding past the camera was booooorrring. The SLR or 612 was way better.
-The most exciting bit for me was Jeremy actually rumbling on about the trivia to do with the Veyron.....you could tell he was blown away by the car.

Ok episode.

Terrible race and pointless episode overall... that was just 40 minutes of the Bugatti driving through some boring landscape.

The Liana segment was short and the Porsche segment not very interesting at all.

By the way, that Marcos looks exactly like the TVR to me... when it first came on I thought "Haven't they tested this car before?"

I enjoyed the Bugatti parts. You can tell the shows director was pushing things up a notch with this episode, loved the way it was edited.

But - the idea of those two flying was stupid.

And we, as the audience, cannot tell how fast the car is by watching this episode. Speed is not conveyed except through Clarkson's yelps. That car never went 200mph, much less 250mph.

His DB9 run to Monte Carlo (I think?) is still far and away the best Top Gear race.

Shawn_230 said:
Terrible race and pointless episode overall... that was just 40 minutes of the Bugatti driving through some boring landscape.

boring landscape?

Christ, that's some of the most beautiful land in the world. Gorgeous!

This is the first time I'va actually gotten up an hour earlier to watch TG before leaving home, but I guess expectations were just a little over the top...

Ah well, nice episode after all, although the Veyron part was little conclusive and repetetive, I kinda liked the race. And Mansel was great, I wonder how many more F1 drivers are gonna come to the show...

Shawn_230 said:

If you want boring drive U.S. Interstate 80 through Iowa and Nebraska not Italy and France.

HewlandNST said:
Shawn_230 said:

If you want boring drive U.S. Interstate 80 through Iowa and Nebraska not Italy and France.

Yep. That did make me laugh when I read it too. Boring? I would pay millions to have that same experience in such boring surroundings.

:shock:
The Bugati was awesome. I kinda knew that anything else but the bugati segment would be so so. I only wish they showed the Bugati taking winding road more instead of straight line passing.
Overall, great episode as usual. :thumbsup: