[07x05] December 11th, 2005

HewlandNST said:
Shawn_230 said:
Terrible race and pointless episode overall... that was just 40 minutes of the Bugatti driving through some boring landscape.

If you want boring drive U.S. Interstate 80 through Iowa and Nebraska not Italy and France.
Sounds boring just listning to it :lol:

Yep the landscape was something else but something just didn't seem right. I think there were just too many shots of him flooring it and going in a straight line kinda like the DB9 challange. I woulda liked to see more twists and turns like the 612 challange.

Have to agree that the race wasn't really that exciting. It seemed awfully scripted and was kind of pointless. If they're going to compare private plane vs car, then they should have left earlier to avoid the whole night flying thing. I mean we get it that public transport sucks. The part about May doing the preflight checks was a bit much too. The Bugatti was amazing, but you'd never know it had a 1001 horsepower by watching the clips.

Mansell going around the track was great and I love the fact that he spanked Damon Hill!! Plus I enjoyed the eye candy in the background during the interview. Although I was distracted by Mansel's missing moustache.

SHITTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mannnn, i was lookin forward to this episode for sooooooo long... from the first time i heard about this car i wanted to see a decent clip, but damn. this just didnt satisfy.

maybe i just had very high expectations but for some reason it feels like that topgear used this car to cover-up for stuff that really makes the show worth watchin...

to be honest i was deeply disappointed, but atleast i gotta watch the best clip about veryon out there yet...

n hes rite about what he said in the ending... just thinkin about it hurts. im just a teenager buh stuff like that makes me wanna kill myself... its a masterpiece thats just gonna go into shawdows - people's garages and stuff. its just made to draw a line, to create standards, but people will just take it and store it...

damnnnnn it just hurts to realize what an amazing car i saw (in da clip lol) yet im so far... in lighteryear distance to even see one in real life. FRIGGGG MANNNNN

That episode hurts loll...

anyways those were my two cents...

Mojo

mojo_786 said:
SHITTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mannnn, i was lookin forward to this episode for sooooooo long... from the first time i heard about this car i wanted to see a decent clip, but damn. this just didnt satisfy.

maybe i just had very high expectations but for some reason it feels like that topgear used this car to cover-up for stuff that really makes the show worth watchin...

to be honest i was deeply disappointed, but atleast i gotta watch the best clip about veryon out there yet...

n hes rite about what he said in the ending... just thinkin about it hurts. im just a teenager buh stuff like that makes me wanna kill myself... its a masterpiece thats just gonna go into shawdows - people's garages and stuff. its just made to draw a line, to create standards, but people will just take it and store it...

damnnnnn it just hurts to realize what an amazing car i saw (in da clip lol) yet im so far... in lighteryear distance to even see one in real life. FRIGGGG MANNNNN

That episode hurts loll...

anyways those were my two cents...

Mojo

Never ever say "da" again. :thumbsdown:

that was so funny, that news segment

jeremy: "we need to get rid of cars. cant get rid of cows...cant live without milk, cheese"

james: "eggs"

hahahaha

Wow, some of you are so hard to please! :thumbsdown:

most anticipated episode yet... yes

big fat anticlimax... yes!!

clarksons article made me assume that this episode would demonstrate how its handles like a lotus, how he took it past 200mph, but NO, just straight line zooming past over and OVER again :thumbsdown: :yucky:

i thoroughly enjoyed this series other episodes alot more... i was hoping to at least hear its roar, after all an exposed engine must shot out some dB, but the supercar france journey gave far better insights into the cars sounds and how they handle on some bends

hmm, i was laughing at this episode only because i was pissed after doing the centurion throughout the episode :lol: (look up centurion, great drinking game!)

but it is the best veyron footage ive seen, i just feel it could be so much more than it is, but it just seems a bit porche cayman

The segment with that beeper... now that was frikkin hilarious... :D
and james saying eggs in the cow meat milk part.
The time mansel set was just astonishing. Never thought anyone would be that fast.
As for the veyron... nice car nice sound, but would've loved it if they had put it to the max.
Hopefully next ep. the veyron round the testtrack but I don't think so.

Zoboomafoo_dude said:
Have to agree that the race wasn't really that exciting. It seemed awfully scripted and was kind of pointless. If they're going to compare private plane vs car, then they should have left earlier to avoid the whole night flying thing. I mean we get it that public transport sucks. The part about May doing the preflight checks was a bit much too. The Bugatti was amazing, but you'd never know it had a 1001 horsepower by watching the clips.

Mansell going around the track was great and I love the fact that he spanked Damon Hill!! Plus I enjoyed the eye candy in the background during the interview. Although I was distracted by Mansel's missing moustache.

I agree 100%, you could never really tell that the Bugatti was that fast in the segment and the pre flight stuff was unnecessary because any private jet plane could win easily because of the average speed but James May let the "team" down by not being able to fly at night and the refueling.

i guess it is highly possible it goes around the track, like the zonda.. it featured for a full episode and didnt go around the track, then unexpectidly the zonda f went round in the next episode

it was afterall there in the studio, and if they let jezza race it though europe, surely theyd let stig take it around the track

Can't wait to see this one... :shock:

What an awfully sad ending to the show..

Top gear will sort of never be the same knowing that there may not ever be a car like that in our lifetimes

:( :(

You're alive, therefore that car does exist in our lifetime. The fact that you're unlikely to ever drive a Veyron is another matter! :lol:

I felt it was a rather contrived race, especially with the business of no night flying, no mountains etc. Even though the other races are clearly equally staged, this one appeared to have a soap opera fakeness about it. It had been hyped up on the show and in the trailers and I had really been looking forward to it.

I'm not going to say it was a bad episode because it wasn't, but I was disappointed.

^^ I disagree. Maybe Clarkson won't be around for the next extreme in cardesign but I surely will. If you're under 40something you can go to bed safely.

Sad because there may not be ANOTHER one.. We're so used to looking forward to episodes "Cant wait for Enzo, cant wait for MC12, cant wait for SLR, Carrera GT etc."

All hoping/knowing that this car will be the fastest around the track. Granted, the Veyron didn't go around the track, but every time I see a car up the top of the board, I will just think of the Veyron.

Even the Zonda F, sort of seems like nothing compared.

swek said:
^^ I disagree. Maybe Clarkson won't be around for the next extreme in cardesign but I surely will. If you're under 40something you can go to bed safely.

I'm 17

:thumbsup:

swek said:

The issues will become what can a human physically tolerate and mentally keep up with, rather than what can we engineer.

Jasruler said:
swek said:

The issues will become what can a human physically tolerate and mentally keep up with, rather than what can we engineer.

Er. Drag racers? Jets?

I think you're looking a little far forward there mate.

The race wasn't as fun or as involving as the others...it left me a bit shocked that they would use what is probably the best car in the world (from an engineering stand point) and mix it up in such a drama-less not-quite entertaining skit. I mean we all understand that there is noting else out there like the Veyron, and most likely never will be for a long, long, long time? but prove it to us like you would to a child?and if you're familiar with Top Gear you'll understand this

It?s as if they didn?t really get into it as much as they usually do and that's what disappointed me. Form watching it all I got out of it was that the Veyron is $*&#*&$ $()*% )$*(@ FAST and no other car, not even an F1 could out run it :unsure: !

Then again, maybe that?s all we needed to know :| ?